Anxiety or Panic Attacks

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Anybody ever have them? I had one last night again and I felt like I was going to die?:eek:

I had an attack about (4) months ago (scares the living sht otta ya btw) and the doctor prescribed me Niravam that disolves under the tongue. I guess Niravam is another form of Xanax.

I going thru a bad bout of Lyme right now and have been treating it for (3) weeks now and don't really feel much better now then I did (3) weeks ago:mad:. My fuken neck won't stop hurting and im nauseous all day long! I am assuming the panic attack is related in some way or another to my Lyme or maybe im just dying?

My Niravam is 0.5mg. I took (1) and it didn't seem to help so I took another and that didn't seem to help so I took a third and eventauuly after (20) minutes or so I started to come back to Earth.

Anyone have a recommeded dosage or Niravam or Xanax to take when a panic attack hits? I probably should have taken (3) at once. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

I've had them. In college. My 3rd attempt at a math class that I had to have to graduate. You were allowed only 3 tries at a course. If you failed the 3rd, you were done. It was a summer class, so it was only 4 weeks. There was a test every week. It was the 3rd to last week the day before the test. I was driving down the road and started freakin out. I had to pull over, my fingers started to close into my hand and my heart was racing. I barely made it home, it finally went away. That was 10 years ago. Since then, I've had some minor anxiousness. I hate crowds, so 4th July sometime wigs me out when at large firework displays. Your taking what my mom takes. Sounds like your on the right drug. Maybe do like you said and bump up to 3 at once. Good luck.

I've had them. In college. My 3rd attempt at a math class that I had to have to graduate. You were allowed only 3 tries at a course. If you failed the 3rd, you were done. It was a summer class, so it was only 4 weeks. There was a test every week. It was the 3rd to last week the day before the test. I was driving down the road and started freakin out. I had to pull over, my fingers started to close into my hand and my heart was racing. I barely made it home, it finally went away. That was 10 years ago. Since then, I've had some minor anxiousness. I hate crowds, so 4th July sometime wigs me out when at large firework displays. Your taking what my mom takes. Sounds like your on the right drug. Maybe do like you said and bump up to 3 at once. Good luck.

Yea a friend of mine told me this morning that it could be stress or depression related. The stress and depression from taking these antibiotics is certainly stressing me out as well as depressing me. (1) of the meds im taking is actually a milaria medication that is supposed to attack the Lyme that has taken the form of a cyst to penetrate it and attack it. Some ugly sht! Who would not be depressed if you had stomach virus symptoms for (3) weeks I guess.

This sht is rough! The scary thing too was that my right arm went numb as well. I was very close to calling for an ambulance but then I started thinking about my dogs and who would take care of them if I had to go into the hospital. Im just scard one of the panic attacks will come back. It's no f-en joke! It feels like your locked inside of a closed coffin and your still alive.

One thing to watch out for though: Xanax is HIGHLY addictive and can cause more harm than good. Dealing with someone having this problem right now.

One thing to watch out for though: Xanax is HIGHLY addictive and can cause more harm than good. Dealing with someone having this problem right now.

Yes I had a friend who's wife was a pill junkie and Zanix was her drug of choice. It certainly did not give me any euphoria so I doubt it will effect me like that but I will keep that in mind.

You're too high strung. Stop posting in the politics board and you wont be so stressed. You cant change those folks anyways. :wink: :biggrin:

Hey Brett, I was sick a few years ago and took a leave from the Buick world. In that time I have become well versed on natural health. I would never put any satin drug in me, they make you seriously depressed and suicidal, seen this first hand many times. If you are interested, give me a call, I most definitely can lead you in the right direction as medicine today is, well we all know….

David Husek
516-285-1103

Brett,

I struggled with these between my latter teen and early twenties.
It was part genetic in my case and part situational due to my parents divorce and health issues I had. For me the biggest part of getting better was excepting that the issues was anxiety and learning to reprogram my thought patterns.

I have a dear family member I could have lost due to anxiety and depression. For this person medicine is required to help their situation.
There are many different levels how ever.
The lucky can get over things with therapy or mental conditioning.
Some people will need a Zoloft/Paxil long term as preventive maintenance,
others can get buy with an emergency supply of Xanax or Ativan.
The less fortunate have to rely on both...:(

Good luck buddy,

I've suffered from panic attacks for about 9 years now. I know the feeling of going to die, I ended up in the hospital with an EKG hooked up to me thinking I was having a heart attack.

They prescribed a couple of different SSRI's, but those don't really help me. Xanax works best for me. Atavan is another in the same family, but didn't seem to work as well at all.

If you are responsible yourself and don't take them for recreation, and you have a responsible doctor who keeps an eye on your intake I wouldn't be afraid of the horror stories about getting addicted. I'd try to minimize the attacks. You know like I do the importance of stopping that horrible feeling. .5 mg is a very small dose too.

X2 for Dave Husek

I subscribe to both acupuncture and twice monthly visits to the chiropractor. It has made a world of difference for me. I am often too much of a type A personality. I need to be calm, collected and quick thinking when under intense pressure at work. My .02

oh hell yes. I have them all the time. Had 4 nights worth about a month ago :-(

What works for me, laugh if you want, is an herb called Valerian Root. Smells like ass but 3 before bed and I sleep well.

I take a knock-off of Welbutrin. I take it off and on (not sure if thats a good thing) it gives me crazy dreams, but seems to work fairly good. When i take it I really don't worry about stuff to much, which helps me out alot. Good luck hope things go good for you (btw, Buicks might be the cause to all of this, always nickle and dimeing you outta everything you got........damn turbo cars :mad: )

I've suffered from panic attacks for about 9 years now. I know the feeling of going to die, I ended up in the hospital with an EKG hooked up to me thinking I was having a heart attack.

They prescribed a couple of different SSRI's, but those don't really help me. Xanax works best for me. Atavan is another in the same family, but didn't seem to work as well at all.

If you are responsible yourself and don't take them for recreation, and you have a responsible doctor who keeps an eye on your intake I wouldn't be afraid of the horror stories about getting addicted. I'd try to minimize the attacks. You know like I do the importance of stopping that horrible feeling. .5 mg is a very small dose too.

I guess you are right. From what I have read 0.5 mg is a small dosage so I will kepp that in mind if it happens again.

If you are responsible yourself and don't take them for recreation, and you have a responsible doctor who keeps an eye on your intake I wouldn't be afraid of the horror stories

That's the key: a responsible therapist and close monitoring, that's not the case with Suzanne.....

DITTO-- I went through this exact same thing as you posted right here. EKG, Stress tests etc.... it boiled down to a couple months of xanax and learning to deal with my problems without letting it get to me so bad.

I still get that feeling once in awhile, but just try and eal with it.

I think we all have different levels of what triggers each one of us and how we each need treated.

GOOD LUCK man! I wish you the very best.

It runs in my family, Dad had it bad,grandmother,uncles,little brother etc. I have it also never have had professional help/drugs. A lot of talking to my dad and brother,wife is always there to listen. I have anticiptory aniety,had trouble relaxing. Someimes eating in public places..LOL......Lucinda Basett has a self help program that I use sometimes.

Panic attacks are scary,I haven't had one in a few years. I am also afraid of drugs...