Anxiety or Panic Attacks

Let's bring this up to date. Seeing as I read that Depression is the 10th leading cause of death (by suicide of course) in this Country among white males from 35 to early 50s. I am 48 this year and have been suffering from Chronic Depression pretty much as long as I can remember. This is nothing to be ashamed of is a disease not to mention pure H to live with. Really struggling right now.

really sorry to hear , I hope and pray that you all can find a way to beat it , I don't have any real life advice on this issue , just want all to know that you and everyone around you is pulling for you to have more good moments than bad, laughter, music , and love are crucial elements in life , I truly hope you feel better and find a way to keep your chin up !!!

its really crazy how negative thoughts and emotions affect our brains , my wife has had panic attacks before and its not pretty but she hasn't had one in a while it usually happens when flying or driving over bridges. there is a lot to be said for having good people around you and dogs !!!

its really crazy how negative thoughts and emotions affect our brains , my wife has had panic attacks before and its not pretty but she hasn't had one in a while it usually happens when flying or driving over bridges. there is a lot to be said for having good people around you and dogs !!!

A chemical imbalance in the brain or Satin messing with vulnerable people I don't know. I do know mental problems can be very serious and they can really mess you up. It's miserable sometimes not knowing truth from fiction. Like did I really hear that or did I dream it! Just my random thoughts on a subject I know too much about.

really sorry to hear , I hope and pray that you all can find a way to beat it , I don't have any real life advice on this issue , just want all to know that you and everyone around you is pulling for you to have more good moments than bad, laughter, music , and love are crucial elements in life , I truly hope you feel better and find a way to keep your chin up !!!
Thank you so, and that is a true statement.

Thanks man, it a terrible and very real thing to deal with. To be quite honest when no one else is there these old Buicks (and Christ) have pulled me from more depression than anything else. I am up and around today and trying my best to pull out of this. No worries, I have no thoughts of doing anything crazy.
It's is funny how how Grass Doctor mentioned music. That is something else I also passionate about. It has always been grass and cars........lol. I play guitar when I am up for it, I owe both these passions to my Dad........

Niravam and Xanax chemical name alprazolam are both the same and are scheduled benzodiazopines.
Im suprised it took 1.5mg of alprazolam to curb the anxiety especially if you arent a daily user of it. That chit is no joke and has a high rate of dependancy if taken for a long time. It is abused by many people for rec use unfortunately. It can become a crutch. The maximum daily dose is 3mg if i recall. Taken as needed (Which to anyone reading this it means that you dont always take the max dose every day!). 1.5 mg in 20 min is a lot for someone not used to taking it. Im suprised it didnt put you to sleep. Dont drive or operate machinery after taking it. The dose is dependant upon the severity of the attacks and the amount prescribed by the doctor. Everyone is different. If i took 1.5 mg of alprazolam id probably fall asleep and not wake up for a long time since ive never taken it.
Schedule IV drug findings required:
(A) The drug or other substance has a low potential for abuse relative to the drugs or other substances in schedule III.
(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(C) Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to limited physical dependence or psychological dependence relative to the drugs or other substances in schedule III.

Control measures are similar to Schedule III. Prescriptions for Schedule IV drugs may be refilled up to five times within a six month period.

Drugs on this schedule include:

* Benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), diazepam (Valium)
o temazepam (Restoril) (Note that some states require specially coded prescriptions for temazepam)
o flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) (Note that Rohypnol is not used medically in the United States);
* The benzodiazepine-like "Z-drugs": Zolpidem (Ambien), Zopiclone, Eszopiclone, and Zaleplon;
* Dextropropoxyphene (Doloxene) and propoxyphene (sold in the U.S. as Darvocet);
* Long-acting barbiturates such as phenobarbital;
* Some partial agonist opioid analgesics, such as pentazocine (Talwin);
* Antidiarrheal drugs, such as difenoxin, when combined with atropine (Motofen) (difenoxin is 2-3 times more potent then diphenoxylate, the active ingredient in Lomotil, which is in Schedule V);
* "Diet drugs" such as phentermine, sibutramine and mazindol;
* Certain non-amphetamine stimulants, including pemoline and the pseudostimulant modafinil.
* Chloral hydrate (sold as Aquachloral), used as a sedative and hypnotic.
* Meprobamate (Miltown)
* As listed on the US Customs web site under discussion of Khat, see cathine and its listing based on relative freshness.
Bison, you never cease to amaze on your vast knowledge of so many things.

drugs are sometimes needed in extreme cases ,my father is a doctor for 40 plus years and he rarely prescribes schedule three drugs, most new patients he gets he takes them off all there drugs to start fresh and see what happens and dry a person out so to speak .He is old school and about to retire at the age of 72 , he says most young doctors just throw dugs at things trying to cover them up instead of curing or treating the problem, but he has 40 years of experience so his knowledge has been earned in the field and there is a lot to be said for that . kinda like some older seasoned mechanics!!!! He always told me that hard physical exercise is crucial in a mans health, I have been doing manual labor my whole life and pushing a wheel barrow around all day in 100 degree heat or digging holes , changing tires, framing houses or what ever will wear your ass out and you will have no problem sleeping, and I will say that if you are physically capable to work out and push your self to exhaustion for at least an hour a day this is such a stress reliever and you will be so tired so anxious mind will not win over your exhausted body, but I know some people are not able to do this , but it helps so much with depression and anxiety better than drugs IMOP its natural and gives you a sense of accomplishment for the day and builds self confidence. procrastination is the killer as well , its human nature to remain in a negative mind set I think this is driven by society these days but anyways I won't get into my crazzzzzy philosophies , if you can just pull yourself up to exercise a little bit every day and keep building to do more you will surprise yourself in just 2 months and your body will be tired and ready for sleep and help your mind from going on and on, or make lists of things you want to do around the house , your car , your yard, a new song you want to learn. complete one task every day and check it off the list you will be surprised at your progress .

anyways just trying to help , I have no idea what everyones battle is and what they are up against , but I hope you enjoyed this read

a little thing someone sent me a long time ago and at the time it made a lot of sense

1. make peace with your past (let it go) so it does not affect the present
2. what others think of you is none of your business
3. time heals almost everything give it time
4. don't compare your life to others and don't judge them, you have no idea what their journey is all about
5. it's alright not to know all the answers they will come to you when you least expect it
6. YOU are in charge of your happiness
7. smile, you don't own all the problems in the world

Stay strong guys TR's for life

drugs are sometimes needed in extreme cases ,my father is a doctor for 40 plus years and he rarely prescribes schedule three drugs, most new patients he gets he takes them off all there drugs to start fresh and see what happens and dry a person out so to speak .He is old school and about to retire at the age of 72 , he says most young doctors just throw dugs at things trying to cover them up instead of curing or treating the problem, but he has 40 years of experience so his knowledge has been earned in the field and there is a lot to be said for that . kinda like some older seasoned mechanics!!!! He always told me that hard physical exercise is crucial in a mans health, I have been doing manual labor my whole life and pushing a wheel barrow around all day in 100 degree heat or digging holes , changing tires, framing houses or what ever will wear your ass out and you will have no problem sleeping, and I will say that if you are physically capable to work out and push your self to exhaustion for at least an hour a day this is such a stress reliever and you will be so tired so anxious mind will not win over your exhausted body, but I know some people are not able to do this , but it helps so much with depression and anxiety better than drugs IMOP its natural and gives you a sense of accomplishment for the day and builds self confidence. procrastination is the killer as well , its human nature to remain in a negative mind set I think this is driven by society these days but anyways I won't get into my crazzzzzy philosophies , if you can just pull yourself up to exercise a little bit every day and keep building to do more you will surprise yourself in just 2 months and your body will be tired and ready for sleep and help your mind from going on and on, or make lists of things you want to do around the house , your car , your yard, a new song you want to learn. complete one task every day and check it off the list you will be surprised at your progress .

anyways just trying to help , I have no idea what everyones battle is and what they are up against , but I hope you enjoyed this read

a little thing someone sent me a long time ago and at the time it made a lot of sense

1. make peace with your past (let it go) so it does not affect the present
2. what others think of you is none of your business
3. time heals almost everything give it time
4. don't compare your life to others and don't judge them, you have no idea what their journey is all about
5. it's alright not to know all the answers they will come to you when you least expect it
6. YOU are in charge of your happiness
7. smile, you don't own all the problems in the world

Stay strong guys TR's for life
You Father is a smart man, thank you for caring and the good advice!
Buick Brothers are always there!

Couple quotes I've heard recently..

" If your going thru hell, keep on going" - Winston Churchill

" If you threw your problems into a pile with everyone else's you'd run to get yours back"

Smoke some WEED!!!!!!!!

Or, maybe eat it in some way or another....
I won't get into specifics but it works for me.....

Seriously.... Mike

It is OK to seek out help these days if required. If needed, do it immediately. Consider it to be just like Buick TR "Spring Cleaning".

Get outside & take a walk in the sunshine, mountains, beach, whatever makes you feel better. Sunshine & fresh air is very important.

Listen to some uplifting music that you like. I recently learned of a newer band called the "Dirty Heads". They're not for everyone, but I really like the message in this song:

Good luck.

Many years ago, like a hundred or so, I was going through some very tough times. I got talked into seeing a counselor. Well, this guy decided that I was a little suicidal so, he made me sign a contract that said I will not hurt myself. Sounds kind of silly but, he saved my life! What it boils down to is we don't have the right to kill ourselves.

Many years ago, like a hundred or so, I was going through some very tough times. I got talked into seeing a counselor. Well, this guy decided that I was a little suicidal so, he made me sign a contract that said I will not hurt myself. Sounds kind of silly but, he saved my life! What it boils down to is we don't have the right to kill ourselves.

If you feel that way, you must change the way you feel ASAP. Be careful you don't lose any of your Rights or freedoms in the process though.