You can type here any text you want

any body have problems w/ hotchkis??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOELKY

just went outside to go to work, the rear sway bar was hanging down on one side. I looks like its broken:eek: maybe the rear end swung around too much for the sway bars liking? it is a hotchkis 1" rear bar I believe. I only have about 3k miles on it, but i've had it since 2003. I dont think it will be covered in warranty any more, but I will try. I broke right on the furthest back mounting screw on the passenger side. Now I know where the RATTLE WAS COMING FROM!!!!!!:mad:

Exact same thing happened to me, except mine was a Suspension Techniques bar. They replaced mine with no problem when I returned the broken one, and I would certainly Hope Hotchkis would do the same, no matter how long you have had it. I must tell you, however, when I put the stock bar back on, while waiting for the replacement, I found the car handled NOTICABLY better. :eek: MUCH More balanced. It transitioned through corners SMOOTH ! I have the Stock bar on to this day! John:cool:

I have Hotchkis bars and springs and just noticed a 3/4" sag to the left rear. When I get a chance to remove and measure it they will send me another set.

I had replica ATR 1 3/8" rear sway bar on my car last year and both the front & rear passanger side leaned about 3/4"-1". I attributed the lean to everything on the car other than the rear sway bar, but when the suspension shop removed the bar, the car sat upright again, and when I installed a Global West 1" bar as it's replacement, the car maintained it's normal stance. Turned out the replica ATR bar had a slight twist in it, enough to pressure the passanger side of the car to lean about 1". Always check all 4 corners of the car for height prior to making any suspension modifications. That was the one time that I did not have time to measure the height on all 4 corners prior to the suspension shop installing the bar. HTH

my car never sagged, does'nt now, it has eibach springs, the hotchkis bars, and edelbrock shocks. But this sucks because the bar is 3 or 4 years old, but only has a few miles on it. Maybe due to the recent transmission upgrade that shifts so hard it hurts my neck, gave that rear end a little more jerk. i'll call hotchkis directly tomorrow and see if they will warranty it. Only problem then is that I dont want it anymore and everybody here knows they suck now:D i'll just roll without it for a while.

Back