Any guess on quarter mile times

Well Jerryl your tone and suggestions might have pissed me off just a bit, which in turn made me call my engine builder, no it is not just a stock rebuild. The heads where not just port matched I said that along time ago in the post the are ported and matched. The motor is balanced, the pistons and combustion chambers are swain coated. The crank(not stock) rods(not stock) cam, block, timing gears, push rods, rocker arms, turbo internals and housing where cryogenic treated. Bearing all friction treated with a low friction coating including the turbo bushings. Jet coating of extrude honed manifolds and turbo. Exhaust elbow was ported wastegate port enlarged.Block girdle and the list goes on. Maybe I didn't make the motor specs clear enough or maybe just because you couldnt pull it off you think no one can either way I dont care I know hat the car ran I was driving it.

Even if the crank and rods are not stock, there's no power to be made there unless you're running a stroker. Between the aftermarket crank, rods, and girdle, you've got the foundation for some serious power up top.

Well Jerryl your tone and suggestions might have pissed me off just a bit, which in turn made me call my engine builder, no it is not just a stock rebuild. ..............

Maybe I didn't make the motor specs clear enough or maybe just because you couldnt pull it off you think no one can either way I dont care I know hat the car ran I was driving it.

That's funny :eek:
You pissed at me because you had to go back and call your engine builder to find out exactly what is was you paid $10K for?
Man there was absolutely no intention to downgrade or steal your thunder.
Regarding my numbers ....... Apparently some people care more about what I run than I do. :eek: Best of luck!

Edit;
Guess I should have guessed 10.5's and you would have felt better about my post.
Based on your description of your set-up, you should run low 11's and I am sure you will.
My set-up is only good for low 14's, but see, I have nothing to prove, to no-one, for no damn good reason.

Time for me to retire ...........

That's funny :eek:
You pissed at me because you had to go back and call your engine builder to find out exactly what is was you paid $10K for?
Man there was absolutely no intention to downgrade or steal your thunder.
Regarding my numbers ....... Apparently some people care more about what I run than I do. :eek: Best of luck!

Edit;
Guess I should have guessed 10.5's and you would have felt better about my post.
Based on your description of your set-up, you should run low 11's and I am sure you will.
My set-up is only good for low 14's, but see, I have nothing to prove, to no-one, for no damn good reason.

Time for me to retire ...........

Wow, I missed those lines. I've only been back for a week and from what I can tell you're the king of being misunderstood. That's two people that have attacked for seemingly no reason. Don't retire just because of this. If you remember, back in '01 I went through hell on here because I went 12s on low boost with a plugged catalytic convertor. For whatever reason it pissed a lot of people off. I had the longest flamewar in the history of this board with TTA89 in the kill section because my "hotair slug" was humiliating LS1s left and right. There will always be people like that on here. I just laugh and move on now.

Wow, I missed those lines. I've only been back for a week and from what I can tell you're the king of being misunderstood. That's two people that have attacked for seemingly no reason. Don't retire just because of this. If you remember, back in '01 I went through hell on here because I went 12s on low boost with a plugged catalytic convertor. For whatever reason it pissed a lot of people off. I had the longest flamewar in the history of this board with TTA89 in the kill section because my "hotair slug" was humiliating LS1s left and right. There will always be people like that on here. I just laugh and move on now.

Jerryl did'nt piss me off, as far as I'm concerned he has been nothing but graceful in his comments on this board. Everyones opinion was asked what we thought the combo would run and he gave his as did everyone else. No flaming intended. Dude you are an asset to this board and more and more old timers are disappearing so for my sake please stay. Now Cool84, on the other hand the reason you caught so much flack about the whole 12.9@110 ordeal is because for several years until now, still thats all you talk about. Like there is no other history with your car before or after you ran 12.9@ 110 with a plugged cat and everyone in the turbo buick world has heard the story about it and you beating LS1's and Vipers and every other car on the planet on the street. Sorry but street cred is for the hood and don't cut it on here give us some new numbers and I for one will stop flaming you. I've been on here since 2001 and I'm tired of hearing about 12.9 @ 110. Sorry you also are a great asset to this board and I missed having you around but I just had to get it out. Again!!!!!

Jerryl did'nt piss me off, as far as I'm concerned he has been nothing but graceful in his comments on this board. Everyones opinion was asked what we thought the combo would run and he gave his as did everyone else. No flaming intended. Dude you are an asset to this board and more and more old timers are disappearing so for my sake please stay. Now Cool84, on the other hand the reason you caught so much flack about the whole 12.9@110 ordeal is because for several years until now, still thats all you talk about. Like there is no other history with your car before or after you ran 12.9@ 110 with a plugged cat and everyone in the turbo buick world has heard the story about it and you beating LS1's and Vipers and every other car on the planet on the street. Sorry but street cred is for the hood and don't cut it on here give us some new numbers and I for one will stop flaming you. I've been on here since 2001 and I'm tired of hearing about 12.9 @ 110. Sorry you also are a great asset to this board and I missed having you around but I just had to get it out. Again!!!!!

I'm not too worried about your opinion, guys like you will always be around so I just have to accept it. Just to clairify, I got flack about the run the day it happened, not years later. No one believed the car was that quick, plugged cat or not. The one half assed run at the track was done in the middle of all of my street racing, not before.

Yes, I posted about my races in the kill section, I thought that was what the kill section was for. I know street races have no credit to you, so I'm sure you wouldn't post it if you beat a Viper or any other fast street car.

Again, not too worried about people's opinions, I had a blast in the car on the street and many, many good memories. I'm not sure what your problem has always been with me but I think I have an idea. If I decide to replace the parts that were stolen and get it going again, I might take it to the track and then you can spend another 6 years playing catch up.

I'd like to add a point or two... Which may not upset anyone, but who knows. ;)

The mid 13 guesses may not have been all that far off without the gear swap. 3.42's aren't bad at all imo, but 3.73's combined with the rest of this package might've been the entire difference between 13's and upper 12's. Maybe not .7, but I'm thinking the car may have run 13.3's or 2's without them.

And cool 84... I think rods might make a helpful diff. if they are lighter and or help provide better balance and thus, cause less ... I guess friction would be the word... because of their differences over stock. Rods alone prolly don't do much, but when added to an overall build, I'm of the opinion they can make a difference.

Just observations from what I've read here...

The mid 13 guesses may not have been all that far off without the gear swap. 3.42's aren't bad at all imo, but 3.73's combined with the rest of this package might've been the entire difference between 13's and upper 12's. Maybe not .7, but I'm thinking the car may have run 13.3's or 2's without them.

And cool 84... I think rods might make a helpful diff. if they are lighter and or help provide better balance and thus, cause less ... I guess friction would be the word... because of their differences over stock. Rods alone prolly don't do much, but when added to an overall build, I'm of the opinion they can make a difference.

Not sure if they're lighter but it's doubtful. If they were, the power difference would probably not be measurable. They could help with the rpm potential of the motor so the OP could spin more rpm one day when he has the supporting mods up top.

Dude I know exactly what I paid for. I sent most of the parts out for the extra work. Called the motor builder to share the disbelief of some on the board. Again I agree with cool84, I really dont care what anyone else thinks or why the think it isn't possible. Guess more than anything the suggestion that that the car didn't run what I said kinda just got me going. Its cool and I am glad everyone chimed in with a guess in the beginning the slow times actually help to make me work a bit harder and dig deeper to get the final run. Prior to the very last run Jerryl was right on track best was 13.01 if anything the 12.87 came because the car hooked pretty hard went very straight and the temp drop about 15 degrees

I'm not too worried about your opinion, guys like you will always be around so I just have to accept it.

Yes, I posted about my races in the kill section, I thought that was what the kill section was for. I know street races have no credit to you, so I'm sure you wouldn't post it if you beat a Viper or any other fast street car.

I don't even look in the kill section. You know why, everyone always talks about winning no one ever tells the story about getting there a** handed to them. I don't have time for old fish stories. I know for a fact that everybody is fast on the street but that timer has hurt many feelings. And my only beef with you has always been for 7 yrs plus strong every other post is 12.9@110, 12.9@110, 12.9@110, plugged cat, plugged cat, plugged cat. If and when you do get your car back together and take it to the track I'm sure you'll post some killer numbers. This time probably 10.0's "with a plugged cat". lol !!!

Sorry to contradict you but everyone here fails to realize that 105-6 mph trap speed is solid 12's no matter what gear with good traction. Once you get past the 60ft mark gear ratio has nothing to do with trap speed unless you have really tall gears and not enough motor. It only takes 100 mph and at least a 1.7xx 60ft to hit 12.9xx.

I don't even look in the kill section. You know why, everyone always talks about winning no one ever tells the story about getting there a** handed to them. I don't have time for old fish stories. I know for a fact that everybody is fast on the street but that timer has hurt many feelings. And my only beef with you has always been for 7 yrs plus strong every other post is 12.9@110, 12.9@110, 12.9@110, plugged cat, plugged cat, plugged cat. If and when you do get your car back together and take it to the track I'm sure you'll post some killer numbers. This time probably 10.0's "with a plugged cat". lol !!!

Sorry to contradict you but everyone here fails to realize that 105-6 mph trap speed is solid 12's no matter what gear with good traction. Once you get past the 60ft mark gear ratio has nothing to do with trap speed unless you have really tall gears and not enough motor. It only takes 100 mph and at least a 1.7xx 60ft to hit 12.9xx.

And your point is? That's my best run to date even if I did it 6-7 years ago. Is it the fact that I did it when you were running high 14s that bothers you so much? Would you like me to make up a time?

I have to mention the cat because it's a signifigant part of what happened that night. Boost was set to somewhere around 20psi and the cat brought it down to 8psi on the big end. I think that is worth mentioning. Sorry, but I was having way too much fun at the street races to worry about getting times to please the internet crowd.

Ok, Ok, already dude I'm callin a truce for now. But if I here 12.9@110, plugged cat, plugged cat one more time well I might just *@%!&^#!!!! Also for what it's worth you been messing around with turbo buicks far before I even thought about owning one. I had to learn everything I know from scratch even that a hot air was a different car all together. You at least had a Dad that owned a hot air and a stage car and I'm sure you absorbed some of that knowledge.

Ok, Ok, already dude I'm callin a truce for now. But if I here 12.9@110, plugged cat, plugged cat one more time well I might just *@%!&^#!!!! Also for what it's worth you been messing around with turbo buicks far before I even thought about owning one. I had to learn everything I know from scratch even that a hot air was a different car all together. You at least had a Dad that owned a hot air and a stage car and I'm sure you absorbed some of that knowledge.

I have to chime in here....He actually taught he's DAD all he knows And that I can attest too, If I remember right Cool84...werent you the reason your dad built the stage 2 car... oh I want your plugged cat...I need to upgrade.:cool:

Thanks for the advise I started with I think 42# went up 2# at a time and kept picking up a bit each time, but if I go back I will give it a try
Hot airs like fuel and you did great with the set up you had, great job.

So do you suppose a 1.7 is more or less likely with 3.73's over 3.42's? Imo, the 1/4 mile is most often won or lost inside that 60' mark.

And then there's the... But he got a 1.8, not a 1.7 argument. I doubt his short time would've been 1.7 or 1.8 with 3.42's on that day. In this particular case, I think 3.73's may have been the difference between 12.867 and 13's...

I agree 12's are possible at 105 for most cars, but proper gearing matters in a very big way, not just inside the 60', but at the long end too. Too little or too much gear can prevent a "best pass" from being what it might otherwise be. As for 12's at 100... I don't think too many full weight cars would ever do that, if 100 is all they could muster unless they could get out with at least a 1.7 short. Might a 12 happened without the swap, yeah... We'll not know...:biggrin: