Any guess on quarter mile times

You know the one thing I guess I sorta left out of the whole deal is by far the most important. I have a buddy that owns the machine shop where the motor was built. This guys built 10K+ all out race motors everyday and has build many turbo regal motors! He knows what he is doing without question and I would never let anyone else build a motor for me, period. He will be going with me to the track and yes we have the link to hook to a laptop and adjust and tune and tune and tune. I was thinking lower 12's because that is what he feels it will run so that is what I have based everything on. Hope he right, but to be honest as long as I can take a few muttstangs I will be happy. It not really meant to be a drag car after all I am building it more in a pro touring style, just want to know what it will do.

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!!! guess it is off another week or two now, if its not raining, it 30 degrees, man I love early spring in Ohio.

Ooops, I didn't see that.

The old Gallina hot-air car is owned by a guy around here now. I think that car went into the 11's with a stock turbo.

The turbo was not stock when Marka was racing it. I have the build sheet, not to mention have spoken with Marka a numerous occassions. This was a balanced and blue printed motor with a very modified turbo combo. Kinda surprised you say it's in your area, since she didn't have any plans of selling that car. I know they sold his and it was out last season.

You know the one thing I guess I sorta left out of the whole deal is by far the most important. I have a buddy that owns the machine shop where the motor was built. This guys built 10K+ all out race motors everyday and has build many turbo regal motors! He knows what he is doing without question and I would never let anyone else build a motor for me, period. He will be going with me to the track and yes we have the link to hook to a laptop and adjust and tune and tune and tune. I was thinking lower 12's because that is what he feels it will run so that is what I have based everything on. Hope he right, but to be honest as long as I can take a few muttstangs I will be happy. It not really meant to be a drag car after all I am building it more in a pro touring style, just want to know what it will do.
When you finally make it to the track you will know for sure what it runs. Seriously there's no other way to gage this. You could have the best built motor but unless it's tuned and all the specs are on, it's a crap shoot what "we" think you're going to run. Good luck and have fun.

Amen to that, Like I said in the beginning not really a drag car just hope it can hold its own and maybe suprise a few, speaking of suprise a young guy in a new mustang GT was suprised last weekend!!!

Well to everyone who guessed I now know for sure what she will run! Made it to the track Friday night after a few runs and some adjustments, more fuel, more boost here are the times!

60 ft-1.841
1/8-8.360- 85.77mph
1000 ft-10.809
1/4- 12.867- 105.43

This was with 48# fuel, 20# boost, pure methanol in the injection, and 5 gal turbo blue to 10 gal 93 octane. I could only leave with about 2# boost.

Also the rain allowed me to up the rear end gear to a 3.73, put in a shift kit, still stock torque converter, on the list just keep getting different suggestions. I REALLY have to do something with the brakes too, to much motor for the stockers, probably going with the S10 setup in front and camaro disk rear

Well to everyone who guessed I now know for sure what she will run! Made it to the track Friday night after a few runs and some adjustments, more fuel, more boost here are the times!

60 ft-1.841
1/8-8.360- 85.77mph
1000 ft-10.809
1/4- 12.867- 105.43

This was with 48# fuel, 20# boost, pure methanol in the injection, and 5 gal turbo blue to 10 gal 93 octane. I could only leave with about 2# boost.

Also the rain allowed me to up the rear end gear to a 3.73, put in a shift kit, still stock torque converter, on the list just keep getting different suggestions. I REALLY have to do something with the brakes too, to much motor for the stockers, probably going with the S10 setup in front and camaro disk rear

Let me be the first to congratulate you!
I am GLAD I was wrong and dead serious about that! :redface:
NICE WORK! :cool:

FRYRLT67- Congratulations on your time. I have to admit I was wrong on my suggestion of a 13.5. Crow is eaten. This means I am capable of mid twelves. Take care. Brad

It was alot of fun and alot of work too. People kill me though some guy that was there was looking at the car and although I never knew it my radiator doubles as an intercooler, and I thought I had alcohol injection but now I know it is a "nitrous pump". The announcer is also I guess a bit slow, He said over the PA that if people thought that my car was fast they should see a Grand National run! Guess the badges make it a lot faster. I really need to focus on the 60' times not what I was looking for but with the stock converter and only 2# boost of the line guess they are pretty good

Wow, that's moving with a stock turbo. I trapped 106 with my stock turbo but broke two of them before I upgraded. My first time out with a little TA49 I went 110mph with less boost. At your level, a bigger turbo would probably make a nice difference.

Yeah, those are great times. It's not just the GN badges, it's in the combination of the black paint and badges that makes major HP and Torque :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat as you with my 60' times. I can't even leave with any boost at all without blowing away the tires. I have to leave on pounds of vacuum.

X2 on the turbo upgrade.

I hook up okay I guess on the last blast I followed a 9 second 67 Nova he left me plentyto grab and my rears are 285 pirelli p-zero pretty sticky for a street tire, I just cant hold the car with much boost, The stock brakes are killing me on both ends, After the 12.86 I thought for sure I was going to end up in the sand trap!

So if I paint it black and put some GN badges on it I should pick up like half a second then.......hey if I put some vents in the fenders and stick GNX badges on it I bet I could run 9s. hahaha

Hey cool 84 you recommend the TA49? does it bolt up or do I have to modify the neck to fit the hot air intake?

My guess- Good Gas.... Good Tires...... Good Tuning. You should hit high 12's no problem.That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Don't get discouraged because many of us on here have serious mods and could'nt get it done with a stock or aftermarket turbo. That is just a lack of experiance and patience. Many before us had done it with the hot air bone stock but much of that knowledge had been lost when most people upgraded to the intercoooled set up. I myself ran 13.5 @ 101 mph with only a cam, passenger header, 36lbers and downpipe and that was with street tires. With a good 60ft 1.8xx or better That would have been high 12's. I know for a fact cause I have pleanty of 13.0's @ 99 mph with good 60ft times 1.7xxx. Many on here would not admit it but I remember the struggle it took to get there. Boost231, T Type84, 6sense and many others that don't frequent this board anymore struggled for years to get to 12.999 and in mho it wasn't the car it was the tuner. Yes I run consistently run low 12's now no problem but with my mods I should be running mid 11's all day. So I still in the same boat I was in when I ran 13's trying to get to 12's....TUNING. So I say go for it and good luck.

60 ft-1.841
1/8-8.360- 85.77mph
1000 ft-10.809
1/4- 12.867- 105.43

Too all the nay sayers. Told you so. Stop bench top racing and do some real time R & D. Just because you did'nt find the majic bullet does'nt mean it can't be done. It takes careful tuning and something most of you don't have "PATIENCE!!!!!!!"

Too all the nay sayers. Told you so. Stop bench top racing and do some real time R & D. Just because you did'nt find the majic bullet does'nt mean it can't be done. It takes careful tuning and something most of you don't have "PATIENCE!!!!!!!"

Boostmaster,
First off, I agree with you 110% and have much respect for your accomplishements.
It requires a mythological approach, patience and above all, persistence! :cool: And, I didn't think there was a majic bullet with these cars. ;)

I am sure you will agree that the first time at the track, with a new set-up "can be" a humbling experience.
The posted performance is AWESOME, but how many people can;
Take a new HA set-up, first time to the track, and lay down 12's on street tires, with a stock turbo @ 20 PSI boost with port matched heads?

My hats off to fyrlt67 for that! The bar has been raised.

60 ft-1.841
1/8-8.360- 85.77mph
1000 ft-10.809
1/4- 12.867- 105.43

Great run dude. I think you could have run even faster if you would have lowered your fuel pressure a few pounds. At 20psi on a stock turbo & 42lbers I dought very seriously that much fuel was required.

Boostmaster,
First off, I agree with you 110% and have much respect for your accomplishements.
It requires a mythological approach, patience and above all, persistence! :cool: And, I didn't think there was a majic bullet with these cars. ;)

I am sure you will agree that the first time at the track, with a new set-up "can be" a humbling experience.
Take a new HA set-up, first time to the track, and lay down 12's on street tires, with a stock turbo @ 20 PSI boost with port matched heads?

Jerryl, always the humble one and great diplomat. I think we all learned a thing or two from this post. Don't assume anything, it's been stated before many times, what works for him does'nt always work for me. Put it on the track and find your own formula. When I first started it took me a couple of years to figure out that my car just did'nt need as much fuel as I was trying to run. Lowered the fuel pressure down to 38psi and bammmm!! majic bullet. Picked up .5ths just like that. That's 50hp just from adjusting the fuel pressure.

Thanks for the advise I started with I think 42# went up 2# at a time and kept picking up a bit each time, but if I go back I will give it a try

I hook up okay I guess on the last blast I followed a 9 second 67 Nova he left me plentyto grab and my rears are 285 pirelli p-zero pretty sticky for a street tire, I just cant hold the car with much boost, The stock brakes are killing me on both ends, After the 12.86 I thought for sure I was going to end up in the sand trap!

So if I paint it black and put some GN badges on it I should pick up like half a second then.......hey if I put some vents in the fenders and stick GNX badges on it I bet I could run 9s. hahaha

Hey cool 84 you recommend the TA49? does it bolt up or do I have to modify the neck to fit the hot air intake?

Unfortunately it doesn't bolt up but you could send in your stock turbo and have it built with the 49 wheels. I like it because you can use it with the stock convertor. It spools about as fast as a stocker but flows double the air.

Thanks for all the support and help, let me say though that this is not my first time down the track I had a 85 straight off the showroom floor, I have drag raced many cars from a 69 Nova to a 9 second rear engine dragster. The heads are not just "port matched" I believe I said from the beginning they are port matched and mild ported, The engine builder ported them to match my motor combo, the motor was built knowing where I was going with the project. Like I said the builder would have charged anyone else 10K for the build. He was with me at the track, he was the one running the computer and tweaking everything, Without him I would never have gotten there

Boostmaster,

Well Jerryl your tone and suggestions might have pissed me off just a bit, which in turn made me call my engine builder, no it is not just a stock rebuild. The heads where not just port matched I said that along time ago in the post the are ported and matched. The motor is balanced, the pistons and combustion chambers are swain coated. The crank(not stock) rods(not stock) cam, block, timing gears, push rods, rocker arms, turbo internals and housing where cryogenic treated. Bearing all friction treated with a low friction coating including the turbo bushings. Jet coating of extrude honed manifolds and turbo. Exhaust elbow was ported wastegate port enlarged.Block girdle and the list goes on. Maybe I didn't make the motor specs clear enough or maybe just because you couldnt pull it off you think no one can either way I dont care I know hat the car ran I was driving it.