Any guess on quarter mile times

fyrlt67

Hey guys I just bought my car last fall, with a blown motor so that was the start. Motor is now .030 over, mild port and match to intake heads and exhaust, poston 107 cam, 42# injectors, alcohol injection, Steve Monroe ported t-body,Turbotweak alky chip,electric fan, underdrive pulleys, 4" cold air intake kit, custom 2.5 downpipe into 3" exhaust and borla muffler. Stock converter, shift kit 3:43 gears. So before I take it to strip next week for test and tune any guess on my times:D

I can help you but my car is down until April 15 and more importantly GLOBAL warming. Winter from the old days. I feel fortunate that is got up to a high of 29 today.

The sermon is over. What size turbo are you running? Get into more detail on your MODS. Brad

Dont know what else to add really, stock(fresh rebuild) turbo, stock exhaust manifold(extrude honed),DP has stock ported elbow ported and matched(would love to find aftermarket DP) stock coil,ECM(for now), alky is not(yet)progressive,hot wire kit on the fuel pump, street tires. I did have it out on the street last weekend(before the white death hit!) and I was getting #20 boost without knock, and I have to be honest it was DAMN fast. I can also tell you after the rebuild prior to the alky,TB modification, DP, and injector upgrade I did take the neighbors 71 Cuda with a 400 in it.....only by like a door but it did piss him off big time!!!!

Mid to high 12's should be possible. Thats what I did with about the same mods.

Hey guys I just bought my car last fall, with a blown motor so that was the start. Motor is now .030 over, mild port and match to intake heads and exhaust, poston 107 cam, 42# injectors, alcohol injection, Steve Monroe ported t-body,Turbotweak alky chip,electric fan, underdrive pulleys, 4" cold air intake kit, custom 2.5 downpipe into 3" exhaust and borla muffler. Stock converter, shift kit 3:43 gears. So before I take it to strip next week for test and tune any guess on my times:D

With a good tune and traction, 13.6 - 13.99 and I would guess around 95 MPH with a full weight car.
Hope I am wrong ............. again ;)
Also, if you have the stock rear, it is a 3.42.

Mid to high 12's should be possible. Thats what I did with about the same mods.

Kevin,
Was that in an non-IC'd set-up?

So anywhere from mid 13 to high 11's nice range........I will post times when I get back from the track

I really hope you guys are wrong....Lucky for me I kinda live in the county, long story short another neighbor has a wrx subaru it runs documented 11's it was a fairly close race, traction was a serious issue. I couldn't leave with more than like 5# boost. I hate to admit I was street racing but the road is in a new neighborhood behind ours and there are no houses there yet another neighbor blocked the road so it was a little better. I really think I should hit 12's but I have been wrong before. And I know for sure I always feel my cars are faster than they really are, but I am hoping

I would have to agree with Timevacuum, Boost231 and Jerryl. 13.5 quarter.

I should be into the twelves but I am chasing down real knock below 8 ibs boost no alky. The powerlogger and Scanmaster show it. I haven't even looked at my car since DEC 18th. due to the weather and work. Let us know after you go to the track to see if we are in the ball park. Good luck. Brad

sorry to say this but i would have no problem if you where at the track betting someone it wont hit the 12's. i would put down some Serious $$$$ on that. Ive been there before.

Ok heres what I dont get on the guess? On another "GNtype" website with performance "recipes" listed this basic combo + a stall converter - alcohol ran 12's. So I willl give you a ten or two for the converter but get it back with the alcohol. Maybe I am just dreaming here but I just don't believe mid 13's....The long range weather is actually calling for flurries on the 22nd(the day of T&T) so guess I wont know for sure for another week or two after that

Times!!!!

My guess- Good Gas.... Good Tires...... Good Tuning. You should hit high 12's no problem.That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Don't get discouraged because many of us on here have serious mods and could'nt get it done with a stock or aftermarket turbo. That is just a lack of experiance and patience. Many before us had done it with the hot air bone stock but much of that knowledge had been lost when most people upgraded to the intercoooled set up. I myself ran 13.5 @ 101 mph with only a cam, passenger header, 36lbers and downpipe and that was with street tires. With a good 60ft 1.8xx or better That would have been high 12's. I know for a fact cause I have pleanty of 13.0's @ 99 mph with good 60ft times 1.7xxx. Many on here would not admit it but I remember the struggle it took to get there. Boost231, T Type84, 6sense and many others that don't frequent this board anymore struggled for years to get to 12.999 and in mho it wasn't the car it was the tuner. Yes I run consistently run low 12's now no problem but with my mods I should be running mid 11's all day. So I still in the same boat I was in when I ran 13's trying to get to 12's....TUNING. So I say go for it and good luck.

My guess- Good Gas.... Good Tires...... Good Tuning. You should hit high 12's no problem.That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Don't get discouraged because many of us on here have serious mods and could'nt get it done with a stock or aftermarket turbo. That is just a lack of experiance and patience. Many before us had done it with the hot air bone stock but much of that knowledge had been lost when most people upgraded to the intercoooled set up. I myself ran 13.5 @ 101 mph with only a cam, passenger header, 36lbers and downpipe and that was with street tires. With a good 60ft 1.8xx or better That would have been high 12's. I know for a fact cause I have pleanty of 13.0's @ 99 mph with good 60ft times 1.7xxx. Many on here would not admit it but I remember the struggle it took to get there. Boost231, T Type84, 6sense and many others that don't frequent this board anymore struggled for years to get to 12.999 and in mho it wasn't the car it was the tuner. Yes I run consistently run low 12's now no problem but with my mods I should be running mid 11's all day. So I still in the same boat I was in when I ran 13's trying to get to 12's....TUNING. So I say go for it and good luck.

Agree 100%. Tune, tune, tune ............. I honestly hope the car runs mid 12's as well. That being said, the "first time" at the track without a good scantool can be a humbling experience. Guess I incorrectly read "93+alky" as well.

Truly however, don't take what anyone tells you as "Law".
Most "Laws" are biased towards knowledge, experience and patience.
No one is trying to discourage at all. It is all based on collective biased experiences.

Go to the track and find out what it does. :cool: