Any Revolver Shooters?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
After checking out the other thread that's going on, it appears that most of the membership is more prone to the autoloader vs. the revolver. So is there any revolver shooters on the board & if so, what do you shoot? Pics are always appreciated. I'm partial to the 45 Colt, then the magnums.

Thanks
~JM~

DSC00988.jpg

001.JPG
I love the revolvers. Here's my S&W 686 SSR .357 Magnum/.38 Spl revolver. Very fun to shoot and I like the .357 because you can load it with .38 spl to practice and then some .357 Magnum for HD or if you wanna just make some noise!:D:eek:

For hunting I use a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 casull with open sights for inside 50yds and TC Contender 14" bbl. chambered in 358JDJ (wildcat cartridge) with leupold 2.5-8 variable scope for out to 200 + yards.

I also have a 686 3". It's not the SSR model, but mine does have a 7-round cylinder :cool: it also has the full-length underlug, which i'm a huge fan of. I know it adds weight, but it just looks so dam good IMHO.

I love shooting it, it just feels downright natural! and Brick hit the nail on the head. It's nice to shoot .38spl on the cheap and .357 when you can afford it. And the noise! no doubt about it, .357 will make you deaf.

the only SAO revolver i have is a Ruger single-six. not sure if that counts o_O

SW Model 27 .357. I favor the old 1911 Colt 45 but like to shoot the .357 too.

I shoot a S&W Model 15 .38 with a 4' barrel and carry a S&W 638 .38 with the crimson trace grips.

I would LOVE to find a nice Colt Python with a 6" barrel in stainless........but they go for big money these days. I reload all my own ammo and I have been banking up .357 brass hoping to find a nice Python or maybe settle for a S&W 686

I shoot a Colt .45 single action army I got from my Dad. He bought it new in the 70's sometime. Great shooting gun. I have a replica that I shoot too, but it doesn't have the same sound of the four clicks when you're pulling the hammer back...

I shoot a S&W Model 15 .38 with a 4' barrel and carry a S&W 638 .38 with the crimson trace grips.

I would LOVE to find a nice Colt Python with a 6" barrel in stainless........but they go for big money these days. I reload all my own ammo and I have been banking up .357 brass hoping to find a nice Python or maybe settle for a S&W 686

When I was a kid my dad had a stainless Colt Python with the 6" barrel, he went boar hunting it with it the one time and killed two big boars. Other than that he only took it to the range on a few occassions. Unfortunately, he ended up selling it and he has always regreted that one especially considering they are now discontinued and a nice one in stainless like his is worth upwards of $2,000. Before I bought my S&W 686 SSR, I looked at a few used good condition Colt Pythons that were in the neighborhood of $1000-$1500 and these were blued versions. I thought about it, but honestly the problem is they are discontined so parts are hard to come by and also they have a reputation of going out of time with a steady diet of Magnum rounds. That is why I decided to look at the S&W 686. The SSR model that I have has a really sweet trigger as it comes from the performance center with an action job including bossed main springs, and it also features chamfered cylinder mouths for quick reloads, recessed muzzle with precision crown, and the wood grips to force high hand hold for better recoil control and follow up shots. It was designed specifically for the IDPA's Stock Service Revolver class.

Too bad your Dad sold that gun, that would have been a great heirloom to have in the family!! and a cool memory that you will keep forever. The best memories of my Dad involve handgun sports and shooting. I grew up shooting all kinds of handguns including the magnums.

I am partial to Smith and Wesson. My model 15 was my Dad's gun that he bought new. It still looks like new over 40 years later. My son will get the model 15 someday. I own a S&W 1911 along with the Model 15 and the 638.

The 686 is certainly a nice gun........and that is the gun I'll probably own next. I'll only use it on the range and just enjoy shooting and reloading ammo for it. I don't hunt much anymore so that is a non-issue for me.

But I can still dream of a nice Python!!! I love the nostalgia, the look, and the BIG bang!! What a sweet gun!

Too bad your Dad sold that gun, that would have been a great heirloom to have in the family!! and a cool memory that you will keep forever. The best memories of my Dad involve handgun sports and shooting. I grew up shooting all kinds of handguns including the magnums.

I am partial to Smith and Wesson. My model 15 was my Dad's gun that he bought new. It still looks like new over 40 years later. My son will get the model 15 someday. I own a S&W 1911 along with the Model 15 and the 638.

The 686 is certainly a nice gun........and that is the gun I'll probably own next. I'll only use it on the range and just enjoy shooting and reloading ammo for it. I don't hunt much anymore so that is a non-issue for me.

But I can still dream of a nice Python!!! I love the nostalgia, the look, and the BIG bang!! What a sweet gun!

Yeah I wish he would've held onto it. I think if I had it I probably wouldn't shoot it so much, but it would definitely be a nice heirloom to have. You will definitely like the 686, IMO it is the modern day Python. In fact here is a nice comparison video of the 686P and a Python~
It's a long video, but it has a lot of good info.

Mine is a Colt dect spl, nickle plate. Mint condition. Bought it in 1979, L'ville, Ky. Had only the test round, and 1 other thru it when I bought it. The owner bought it, loaded it, and blew his brains out w/ it. I bought it at the store his widow had returned it to.:(
My collection of Colt Pythons, and several other guns were stolen....:mad:

Better be careful with that wheel gun, Chuck!!! according to the libtards, guns kill people!!!!! and yours already has a track record... i wouldn't turn my back on that sneakly little slice of evil :eek:

86Brick: Thanks, I watched the whole video. If I wasn't sold before.....I am now. 686P is my next purchase......might have to sell some Buick parts to finance!!

Here's a pick of my wheelguns. I cant get enough of them. S&W 500, S&W 460V, Dan Wesson 15-2 (EWK Barrel) 357, and a S&W 629PC (44 Mag).

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 247
86Brick: Thanks, I watched the whole video. If I wasn't sold before.....I am now. 686P is my next purchase......might have to sell some Buick parts to finance!!

Yeah his firearm review videos are usually long, but they are filled with good info. Glad you liked it.

Here is one that you don't see very often.

DSC02737.jpg

It's a 10" Dan Wesson silhouette revolver in 22LR. Even though its built on a dual action platform, it is a S/A only handgun with a real sweet trigger break. Sorry for the small pic. I accidentally resized it the wrong way & now I can't go back.
~JM~