You can type here any text you want

Anybody got a video of a gear drive setup on a GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2GNS4ME

I want to hear how loud the gear drive setup is on our cars. Alot of people said that I would get sick of the sound but I thought it would sound cool driving around town with a whine :)

could be wrong but i am pretty sure our cars can NOT use gear drives due to them causing havoc with factory knock sensors.... you may be able to run one on an all out racer but that defeats your purpose..... maybe a guru can chime in

thanks for the reply. I bought a GN with a stage II motor out of the car that has a gear drive setup. Debating on keeping it or go timing chain.

i have a gear drive on a NA regal with a SBC.... everywhere i drove people told me my power steering fluid was low......lol:D...... funny thing.... NO Power Steering....retards:rolleyes:

Would you guys recommend gear drive for a street car?
With street cam spring pressures, a gear drive would wear great. The cam timing would stay constant. I would recommend setting up a constant lube for the idler gear, though.

Hi Don,

I would I get this accomplished? What can I do to get a constant lube for the idler gear.

With street cam spring pressures, a gear drive would wear great. The cam timing would stay constant. I would recommend setting up a constant lube for the idler gear, though.

Hi Don,

I would I get this accomplished? What can I do to get a constant lube for the idler gear.
Check the fabrication section. I did a thread on the mod. If you have questions after reading that thread, then ask away.

Back