You can type here any text you want

Anybody need rebuilt factory control arms?? Thinkin about doin em....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BetMinesFaster

Turbo LSX Trader
How many GN's are out there that are on need of new arm bushings and ball joints??? I am thinking of doing a rebuild and exchange kind of deal, Basically, I sell you a set of front uppers and lowers complete with cross shafts with new energy suspension poly bushings and new moog upper and lower ball joints installed, you pay for the arms, I pay the shipping, when you swap them you send me yours and you pay the shipping, then the chain starts over......Just mulling this over, Just know that there are alot of folks around that dont have a ball joint press and means of pressing the bushings handy, trying to help everyone out......They would be available blasted and painted for an extra cost. The question is what is a fair price and is there any market for it?? Any thoughts folks?? :rolleyes: Im still in the process of producing the rear frame horn bar but some family medical problems will delay the availabailty of the gussets.....:(

Ahh, come on. You're taking all the fun out of it;) . I already got my uppers done. That was a fun time with beers, torches, air hammer, and a BFH:cool:
Let me know when you get around to those bars. If I get off my ass I might need one some day.

My dad is a my gusset supplier and he will be out of work for a bit due to a stroke:( As soon as he is back ill get him going on the gussets and ill have a bar ready to produce, will come in semi-gloss black powder coat and come with grade 8 gardware. will require drilling the rear framehorns to accept a 3/8 bolt, bit included......:D

Yeah, saw that on myspace:frown: . Is he doing OK?

As far as the frame brace goes, is there a reason for having to go 3/8? What are you going to make them out of? No hurry on my end. I just finally got the drivetrain off the frame. Still gotta pull the driveshaft and lines. Then I'm gonna hose it off this weekend hopefully that way I don't have to deal with greasy suspension parts when I start ripping into it. I think I might go with the EASTWOOD rust encapsulator stuff. Someone on the board used it and said you can put it on clean bare metal, rust, and painted surface. The lazy approach, sounds like my kind of stuff:biggrin:

The gussets are .187 CRS, nice and sturdy, the frame holes are enlarged just a pinch, I just think 3/8 hardware is a better choice IMO......

Guesstimate on prices?

I thought about doing this years ago. I came to the conclusion that I could not break even after chemically stripping mint cherry arms, powder coating(or epoxy) them and installing new ball joints with either the choice of stock or polys. You might want to price out new GM arms first.Heck check out the UMI tubes. I know I aint paying good money for some crappy looking arms. That was probably my problem. I'm a damned perfectionist. Not to mention there is probably a few guys out there who want the factory correct rivets on the upper joints. I'm still thinking its a ton of cash just to replace the parts with my labor added. Screw it on making them pretty. You know us Buick guys are the biggest prickz on the face of the Earth when it comes to spending money.:eek:

Thanks for the input, I get jobber cost on parts, so moog parts are pretty cheap, Ill sit down and figure out costs of this, Im sure it will be reasonable....

Back