Anyone Running AC with their LS? Pics?

dmcampbell7

Want to run ac and leave everything in stock location, anyone have success? I’m building an ‘85 Regal, 5.3/4l60e, 78mm, stock truck accessories and ac. Would love to see some pics if anyone is running the same combo, not interested in changing accessory mounts or compressor. Thanks

I hear different answers on that, with the Holley mounts it’s supposed to, and I’ve heard some guy have no issues clearing the frame. Not sure on mine yet, haven’t got that far, hopefully this week.

I hear different answers on that, with the Holley mounts it’s supposed to, and I’ve heard some guy have no issues clearing the frame. Not sure on mine yet, haven’t got that far, hopefully this week.

Interested in this subject as well as I am getting ready to do this swap. I have heard both ways on the compressor clearing. There were several guys that have got it to clear without modifying the frame, but had to trim the compressor bracket. I am not sure of the engine/motor mount combination that was used, but I have pictures of it clearing.

Interested in this subject as well as I am getting ready to do this swap. I have heard both ways on the compressor clearing. There were several guys that have got it to clear without modifying the frame, but had to trim the compressor bracket. I am not sure of the engine/motor mount combination that was used, but I have pictures of it clearing.

68b3176a06f73635bce630d931ba9f11.jpg

df84616db6627a9ba29b87932c443be3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sweating notching the frame as much as rerouting the ac lines around the turbo.

My biggest issue at the moment is trying to use a 4 inch downpipe. I can either raise the accumulator, find a shortened one, or use oval tubing.

Went to put my Hooker 12643HKR mounts on and there’s no way they clear the stock truck ac bracket. Not even close

Remember I am running the c6 bracket.

I had to take a break from the Dp. Just finishing up the cold side. It’s at the powdercoater now and the new exhaust (sans DP) is done.

Well...because you’re trying to swap a motor not made for this platform. Not being a smarta$$, just the unfortunate truth.

Jason

Here’s the rebuttal for that thinking, obviously the aftermarket is making a killing selling car specific mounts and kits, so then why can one of them make a kits where all truck accessories fit a specific car since the large majority are using stock truck motors? They’re making them for specific cars anyway. Anyway, just bitching cause I’m tired of having to modify everything, wish stuff would just fit, but then I’m in the wrong hobby I suppose... :)

Our definition of a "kit": One size fits nothing.
We've done several LS swaps. Early Vette, Chevelle, various trucks, 55 Chevy, etc.
We advise the owner to buy their engine w/o the accessories, and use what aftermkt parts, that fit the space.
Almost all of the swaps have come in w/ the engine already in the vehicle. These are usually for wiring installation.
Most, without fail, the ft drives are not optimal, for the chassis.
Latest, is a 72 Chevelle: Truck accessory. Alternator was 3" above the hood line.:rolleyes:

Then, the bitchin starts. "Why is this costing so much"?

Want a REAL PITA? Do a Ford Coyote swap. Now, that's a "winnah".(n)
[We have 2, in process].

Bottom line.. Fun costs money!;)

Back under my inj bench.....:whistle: