Anyone running Bison's Alky plenium plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, a healthy discussion with results data, and varying opinions.
To answers the OP’s question: Quite a few running this proven solution.
I decided to increase operating safety margin, and not push my engine on faith.

We don’t have to all like or agree with it. We all have choices.

Last edited:
I don't think he is referring to Bisons plate - he is referring to the link and the posts regarding individual meth injection into each intake port/runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks so much man! I hate miscommunication and something kept telling me that I wasn't getting the big picture.

So my apologies if I have stepped on any toes here, as that was not my intent. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Innovation at it's best. Congrats Bison on a well thought out product for our dated cars. A lot of guys take technology for granted and just figure that support and development is always going to be there for our cars. If guys like Bison and the rest of the Buick vendors stop innovating......where does that leave our sport? Bison, my hats off to you brother. Thank you!!

Bison anything on the hot air motor injection set up . maybe i can look you up at the buick nationals and chat about it. thanks, John

Best bet for the hotair would be to port the shit out of the intake and inject from the ports the factory was going to use and try that first.

Then a fully gutted and redesign bar inside but thats a one off piece im sure. Best just going pre turbo and calling it good

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Bison anything on the hot air motor injection set up . maybe i can look you up at the buick nationals and chat about it. thanks, John

Convert it to blow through and use the 86-89 intake manifold. There's no way to overcome the shortcomings of the 84-85 intake without replacing it

Convert it to blow through and use the 86-89 intake manifold. There's no way to overcome the shortcomings of the 84-85 intake without replacing it

Bison, Is there a list to get on in order to buy one of these? I am coming up on needing dual nozzle and this would be ideal. I am not on Facebook (I HAD a bad experience:).

Just click the link. It's public. No need to log in.

The Bison plate installed. Don't have numbers, but the subjective part is the car feels smoother at WOT. Installed a PTE SLIC(picked up through Bison also), and a new to me used (sort of, still new in the box) 5858 (just too curious had to see how it compares to the 44 even though I may or may not really gain anything). Track times to follow. I had two M10s installed prior, and maybe tweaked the gain down slightly. Good numbers just looking at scanmaster, no logs yet. May get those this Wednesday at the track if I make it up. Work has been kicken my ass lately, so don't know. See pics of install, love the way it looks over the nozzles in the up pipe.

IMG_20170819_173634.jpg
IMG_20170819_173718.jpg

Last edited:
The Bison plate installed. Don't have numbers, but the subjective part is the cars feels smoother a WOT. Installed a PTE SLIC(picked up through Bison also), and a new to me used (sort of, still new in the box) 5858 (just too curious had to see how it compares to the 44 even though I may or may not really gain anything). Track times to follow. I had two M10s installed prior, and maybe tweaked the gain down slightly. Good numbers just looking at scanmaster, no logs yet. May get those this Wednesday at the track if I make it up. Work has been kicken my ass lately, so don't know. See pics of install, love the way it looks over the nozzles in the up pipe.

View attachment 308063 View attachment 308064
Man thanks for the pics , I look forward to getting one , I really dont like the look of it tapped into the up pipe . Great design Bison

No problem, it is a great piece of equipment.

Last edited:
In watching your first video (using water I think) the stream is straight into the port (s).

I thought the streams would be more of a fog to cool the intake charge of air.

To me it seems like this would be a great way to distribute nitrous and another tube pointed up for the meth. Is there a two tube idea ?

Last edited:
In watching your first video (using water I think) the stream is straight into the port (s).

I thought the streams would be more of a fog to cool the intake charge of air.

To me it seems like this would be a great way to distribute nitrous and another tube pointed up for the meth. It there a two tube idea ?

There's no point in two tubes. As an anti detonant one is plenty. If you had the ability to pump enough methanol and a way to tune the engine then larger holes could be used or a pre throttle body nozzle could be kept. More than likely you won't be able to keep the pressure at the baseline pressure without some further modifications. The pump, the inlet strategy, and the voltage/wiring to then pump. The biggest benefits from the methanol as a fuel not as an anti detonant will start showing when over 35-40% of the gasoline is replaced with methanol. It takes a lot of methanol to reach that point on a 700+hp engine.

The Bison plate installed. Don't have numbers, but the subjective part is the car feels smoother at WOT. Installed a PTE SLIC(picked up through Bison also), and a new to me used (sort of, still new in the box) 5858 (just too curious had to see how it compares to the 44 even though I may or may not really gain anything). Track times to follow. I had two M10s installed prior, and maybe tweaked the gain down slightly. Good numbers just looking at scanmaster, no logs yet. May get those this Wednesday at the track if I make it up. Work has been kicken my ass lately, so don't know. See pics of install, love the way it looks over the nozzles in the up pipe.

View attachment 308063 View attachment 308064
You should start a thread just on the comparison of the 44 to the 58/58, I bet a lot of would be intersted

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Man thanks for the pics , I look forward to getting one , I really dont like the look of it tapped into the up pipe . Great design Bison
I completely agree, it's worth doing just for the eye appeal let alone the performance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was thinking meth was more for air temperature lowering than a fuel.

Sorry for the confusion.

Not using meth. For both tubes
One for meth. and one for nitrous

You probably could use something similar for nitrous. I doubt you'd have more success with nitrous to go faster over a Properly built engine with the right combo. It's easy to overpower the factory head clamping without nitrous

Status
Not open for further replies.