You can type here any text you want

Are there any people anymore who our man of there word???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamn4GN

So a real close buddy of mine and his dad were going to purchase a 2003 Grady White 265 Express ( thats a bada** offshore fishing machine ) from a gentleman in OCMD! Guy was asking 62,900 for the boat! Which with how nice the boat was and the motors that were on the boat.. Well worth the price!!So long story short. They agree on a price at 58k CASH!!! They were going to head down last sunday( superbowl sunday) But the guy assured him that he wouldnt sell the boat from under him. The guy also states that he's a church man and has to goto church that Sunday morning and he really was a big Packers fan. So Sunday was a no go. Ok no big deal , the guy assured him it was there boat ( yet i tell you. there going by just pictures of this boat.. Never even seen it,But the pics show how nice this boat is). So my buddies dad calls the guy up on Monday , saying "My sons going to take a half day from work on tuesday and where going to come get the boat" Gentelemen proceeded to tell them not to worry about it. He stated the weather is going to be in the 50's this weekend! And told my buddies , he had no offers! He gets a call yesterday ( thursday) 2 days after talking to the gentelmen( or shuld i say prick) He has an offer at full price at $$62,900
Obviously my buddies were very heated , bc this guy pushed them back twice to come get the boat and it woulda been sittin in there driveway.. Yet this friggin guy after all this, sell the boat drom underneath of my buddies. After repeatedly assuring them he wuldnt sell the boat untill they came and looked at it and etc!!! Buddy gets a a TEXT message a friggin text message saying the boat is SOLD.. This guy is supposed to be a relidious man and all that whoo ha.. but yet not a man of his word.. These people sicken me!! I hope... I prey that someone doesnt do me dirty like this when buying a Turbo Buick.. Bc they will be the one preying and hoping....What happend to a so called "Man of his words":rolleyes:

had a similar situation happen today. for two weeks now my dad an i were planning to go pick up a car off a guy. guy gained control of his aunts estate and agreed to sell us her 20,000 mile 97 regal. we were supposed to pick it up tmw and not a moment too soon because the brake lines on my 95 park ave went out last night.. so i nurse the car to my dads shop this morning and he informs me the guy changed his mind and gave it to a relative.. needless to say i'm pissed cause not only will i be getting a nice low mile daily driver i now have to figure out what to do about my ailing park ave.. and find another decent replacement

money talks...

as a seller, I always tell people whoever has cash in hand first. Been screwed too many times "holding" stuff for people that never show..

as a Buyer I appreciate the "man of their word" I always offer to put money down to hold somthing, even after the seller "assures" me it will be there.....right.

I understand the situation, and thats just $hitty for that guy to do that..

No alot of Honest people anymore, and dealing on the internet brings up some real Jewels, especially on E-bay.......

all in all, I've met numerous members from this board and put enough miles on driving to get stuff, and most guys are Stand up characters, Strong community here, and I nevr hesitate dealing w/anyone on this board :)

money talks...

as a seller, I always tell people whoever has cash in hand first. Been screwed too many times "holding" stuff for people that never show..

as a Buyer I appreciate the "man of their word" I always offer to put money down to hold somthing, even after the seller "assures" me it will be there.....right.

I understand the situation, and thats just $hitty for that guy to do that..

No alot of Honest people anymore, and dealing on the internet brings up some real Jewels, especially on E-bay.......

all in all, I've met numerous members from this board and put enough miles on driving to get stuff, and most guys are Stand up characters, Strong community here, and I nevr hesitate dealing w/anyone on this board :)

I totally agree.I wouldnt hesitate to deal with most of themembers on this board!!
Just sux they had the cash on them.. The guy just kept pushing them away.. O well guess its time to look for another!!!

sorry but if I am goin to look at a deal I am ready to take it right then an there. NO BS then .. I got a GNX a few years ago an if we hadn't taken the car THAT DAY I know he was goin to change his mind. Good Luck on the next boat. :cool:

If I can't buy it that day I'll bring cash to put down so they know I'm serious, otherwise, sure, first one with all the cash buys it.

Yeah well it gets better.. Just talked to my buddy.. The guy was bluffing!! He didnt have another buyer!! What a dckbag!! Now the only serious buyer the guy had. Doesnt even wanna deal with the guy!! Frigging CLOWN!!!

Wow...cash in hand is almost understandable when not dealing with a community you know...but to just bluff like that? That's just greed. What is your the guy gonna do now though? If it is a good boat with a good price....it still is..even if the guy tried to squeek more money out of the deal.

I have a 1992 38FT Sea Ray I will sell for 20K. 600 HRS. Was over 200K new.

Hes not sure what he wants to do!! These guys are Tuna and Marlin freaks!! If there not in 300ft or more of water they arnt comfortable!! And they love the Grady Whites. They have a 25foot GradyWhite now.. They just wanted more range...With twin 175 evinrudes 2 strokes.. cant go the canyons l they want to, they have to carry extra fuel there for one less man and more money per person!! The boat they wanted to buy has 75 more gallons of fuel capacity and twin 250 Yami 4 strokes!!They might just drop some cash on new motors!! Who knos!!!

sounds to me its just the boat they want.. might be worth the $5k more the guy wants. :confused:

sounds to me its just the boat they want.. might be worth the $5k more the guy wants. :confused:

Yeah totally agree... but my buddies old man probly doesnt want anything to do with this guy after what he tried to pull!! The guy was to quick to agree on the price.. as for now i beleive its a stale mate... Keep ya guys posted !!!

In this economy, a boat like that is probably far easier to buy than it is to sell. Walk away and let the douchebag sit on it. Find another.

Hes not sure what he wants to do!! These guys are Tuna and Marlin freaks!! If there not in 300ft or more of water they arnt comfortable!! And they love the Grady Whites. They have a 25foot GradyWhite now.. They just wanted more range...With twin 175 evinrudes 2 strokes.. cant go the canyons l they want to, they have to carry extra fuel there for one less man and more money per person!! The boat they wanted to buy has 75 more gallons of fuel capacity and twin 250 Yami 4 strokes!!They might just drop some cash on new motors!! Who knos!!!

Grady White Boats are made right here in Greenville NC. About 10 miles from Gbodyparts:biggrin:

Your buddies are correct, it is a very nice boat. I have a few friends that work at the plant.... They don't skimp on anything quality wise!

I'd offer the guy $53k cash. Tell him the $5k less is his liers fee.

This guy is supposed to be a relidious man and all that whoo ha..

I have found that some who tell you they are very religious will lie to your face because "God forgives them".

God may, but I don't.

Another thing is to take about 10% of the sale price along in cash. Then put 10% of the actual sale price down as a deposit and get a receipt stating the agreed sale price and the 10% down. That way if they renege on the sale you can sue them.

sometimes wheeling and dealing with people sucks !!! i really enjoy enjoy meeting everybody and hearing all the stories and getting leads and sometimes going on a wild goose chases. now let me tell you my latest story

about 2 weeks before thanksgiving a guy about a hour from me advertising some gn parts on craigslist and happened to have a pic of his car in the pic. i found out what he had and only went over to take a look and maybe buy a couple things. i went there in my we4 and i was amazed when i pulled in the guys driveway and saw another we4 hanging out the back of the garage. long story short the parts the guy had came with the car and the guy was a monte guy and didn't fully appreciate what he had. he gave me this long story how he has been selling scrap metal and out of work and how tough things are right now for him. the car he has cam from the original owner and was parked in 1997 outside all the years because of a supposed blown headgasket. the part about the car that had my full attention was the astroroof i also really liked the manual antenna and manual windows and g80 rear interior was excellent!!!! car had some stupid dents in odd places and needed fillers and a door and a rot hole behing 1 tire fixed. the thing is i had everything the car needed so it would cost nothing to fix it for me, the guy started the car up and ran fine but it supposedly had 2 blown headgaskets (i had another motor and didnt care) but ran fine. needed tires ,exhaust, wipers, etc... he told me he paid $1000. for it with the parts i offered him $1500 he said no thanks ! before i left i offered $2000 double what he paid he said let him think about it.2 days later i got a email and said he was offered $3000. and 2 other people tried buying the car 1 guy told him about me and all my cars. he said since it would be going to a good home i could have it for $2500 i said fine give me a couple weeks to come up with the cash since i wasnt prepared to buy another car he agreed. within a week i sold a girdle, roller rockers, valve covers and some other stuff i didnt want to sell and i sold some other skylark parts to somebody else i knew at phenomenal prices to get up the $$ needed. i called him up thanksgiving weekend which was about 7 days after he agreed to sell it to me i told him i had $1500 cash to come give him and another$700 coming in checks he said he was out of town nothing to worry about its my car no rush dont worry about the deposit. i told him i sold a bunch of stuff i didnt want to come up with the $$$ well 2 weeks is up i call to have him deliever it and he decided a few before to keep it since he took it for a ride and now likes the car even though tranny was blown.i was freaking beside myself and furious that this guy did this since i told him what i had to do upfront and kept him updated as to how things were going and if he figured days before he didnt want to sell he should of called and i would of sold less stuff that i didnt want to.

well karma is a bitch and he is gonna need parts or advice and i am gonna let everybody that i know about how this guy rolls and i know EVERYBODY around here!!!! i'm still pissed if you couldnt tell:mad:

Looks like its easy to see the lesson here. If you want something cash is king, have it in hand and be prepared to buy on the spot. I have missed out on things I wanted and I have been told countless times by people they are coming to get something and they no show after they swore on there momma they are " on the way" so its a tough call. if you have done business before yeah they should hold it for you. Otherwise first cash always wins.

Back