Are there any wheel covers to keep dog from peeing on my wheels?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Neighbors dog keeps peeing on my wheels and I need to find something that covers them up as he's already ruined the finish on one of them :mad:
Either just an elastic vinyl cover of maybe a plastic cover just to cover them when parked..

Don't say just shoot the dog, its my friends dog and we both love our dogs and his just seems to get out a lot, but there's not much you can do as we don't have fences in our back yards as its waterfront.

Might try some pepper on or around the wheels.
Won't hurt the dog, but will make him think twice about soiling your wheels.
Or use four 30 gallon trash bags to cover them all.
HTH

Patrick

Get a solar powered electric fence charger & run some stakes around your car. Just turn fence off and pull up stakes when you need to move the car. He won't try it but once!:biggrin:

harbor freight

I bought a set of 4 from a tool company called Harbor Freight. I'm sure they're online. It was 15 bucks for a set of 4, and so far they've lasted me 3 years. They don't blow off with wind either. They're very secure

Thanks for the info. I may try the trash bags, never thought of that, its up in a carport and its all concrete or brick so I can do the electric fence thing and it may not work as he's in an electric invisible fence already..this dog is real stubborn and probably enjoys the shock which is why he's out all the time.
There's a Harbor Freight about 10 miles away, I'll try that if the trash bags blow off.

Electricity

Get an electronic ballast, the kind they use for fluorescent lighting. Hook the output lead to the cars bumper, frame, whatever makes a good connection and then plug it in. The “arc” should discourage any further intrusions. Someone I know had a problem where the neighbor’s dog would do the same on his flowers. He connected the ballast to a small wire and ran it through the flowerbed. He said he heard a yelp and the dog took off and hid under the neighbors deck the rest of the day. Never bother them since. :eek:

If you want to get sneaky without hurting your friends feelings try some wild animal urine. You can usually find it at lawn and garden centers. Spray some on the vegitation by your car. They wont go near it. Be carefull. If you also have pets they wont like it either.

Okay I have to ask. What type of friend lets his dog pee on your car? What ever happened to respecting each others property?

If you want to get sneaky without hurting your friends feelings try some wild animal urine. You can usually find it at lawn and garden centers. Spray some on the vegitation by your car. They wont go near it. Be carefull. If you also have pets they wont like it either.

Okay I have to ask. What type of friend lets his dog pee on your car? What ever happened to respecting each others property?

It's all concrete around the car so not sure if that stuff would still work just putting it in the carport..and would we be able to smell it??

Everyone is pretty much buddies on my block and we all have dogs, except for 1 household, which calls the police when dogs are out and we all bitch about those people. This one dog still gets out all the time cause the shock collar either doesn't effect the dog or the battteries get low because the dog is so stubborn..he's a friendly dog he just pee's on everything. His owner is not a car guy and would not understand, he thinks you just wash the stuff off and go on, its been mentioned before about his dog peeing on everyones wheels and he just laughs it off. I'm not going to piss the guy off by demanding he find a way to keep his dog in his yard when we have no fences in the back, only on the sides. I had enough side yard to make a completely enclosed space so my dogs don't get out anymore...he however does not and you don't want a fence across your shoreline.
I'm just looking for a way to keep the dog from ruining the wheels while continuing to live in harmony :)

That sounds like a good idea David. May try that when I get tired of putting on the covers, just got these from HF Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I tried a 39 gallon trash bag but it was not big enough to get over the widest part of the wheel, these are 17" wheels, 26" tire height.
you might want to get a set in yellow,if they have them....my dog does the same thing,we go to the island sandbar in the middle of the water and my stupid chinese crested goes around peeing on everything,he starts dry heaving when he runs out,just lifts and nothing comes out...its imbarassing as we cant stop him,he runs around and pees for hours?,people swat at him when he pees on the chair they sit on,as i would too.....never seen nothing like it,and ive had many dogs...good luck with it,id be pissed,so to speak,if a dog did it on my car....heck the neighbors cat got a swift kick in the ars after it did a scooby doo take off on the hood of my vette....

I know the type well. Kind of the same buddy system where I live. The wild animal piss doesn't smell. Well we humans cant smell it. Just spray it around the perimeter of your concrete pad. You have to spray everytime it rains or it washes off. Just like Pavlov's dog they should get tired of smelling something meaner than they are and will stop coming by to mark new turf.

I know the type well. Kind of the same buddy system where I live. The wild animal piss doesn't smell. Well we humans cant smell it. Just spray it around the perimeter of your concrete pad. You have to spray everytime it rains or it washes off. Just like Pavlov's dog they should get tired of smelling something meaner than they are and will stop coming by to mark new turf.
Cool, I'll try that also, its a carport thats part of the house so it doesn't even get wet when it rains so it may last a while.