Are they ever going to legalize weed?

jdpolzin

I'm watching a TV show about MaryJane. It amazes me how much money this country spends to try to keep weed illegal. Just legalize it and be done with it.:rolleyes: ----Jeremy

Sure we can legalize it. But then those same people will cry and moan about the taxes and regulatory agencies that will be up their a$$ for every sale they make.

Hell I'm all for it. Legalize it and tax the hell out of it.

Plain hemp materials alone would generate so many new companies and jobs, not to mention the smokeable stuff, the tax alone would really help the economy and the prison population would be reduced by 75%

I already have to deal with phoners, texters, and pill heads behind the wheel, now weed? :eek: I'll go rural and limit my driving to a tractor when that happens. :mad:

Weed should be the least of your worries, its not alcohol

S10xGN said:
I already have to deal with phoners, texters, and pill heads behind the wheel, now weed? :eek: I'll go rural and limit my driving to a tractor when that happens. :mad:

They'll be easy to spot, they'll be the ones driving overly cautious. Legalize and tax it.

Corporations would lose a lot of money. Our government is owned by the corporations. That is the reason it became illegal to begin with. The lumber companies stood to loose a lot of invested money so they lobbied to make it illegal. For this reason it will stay illegal.

Plain hemp materials alone would generate so many new companies and jobs, not to mention the smokeable stuff, the tax alone would really help the economy and the prison population would be reduced by 75%

this whole "war on drugs" is nothing but a huge jobs program for the law enforcement and drug treatment industries. it's also a good way for politicians to say they are "tough on" something that is seen as being bad when they propose new laws that are tougher on people that do these things.

all this talk about "stuff made out of hemp" is just a smokescreen (pardon the pun) by potheads to try to make it seem like their recreational drug of choice has uses besides making people want to go to taco Bell at 2 am for a 10 pack of Dorito Loco tacos..

legalize everything, and treat it like alcohol or tobacco. let people decide if they want to put it into their bodies and let them deal with the consequences if other people get hurt or killed as a result of driving while stoned out of your mind on pot or strung out on meth or whatever.

It's pretty much legal in a lot of ways here. Not sure how things have improved in Cali thanks to the move.

Society abuses what is legal now. And you pay for it with extra law enforcement, higher insurance premiums, etc. I really see little need to add even more options to the abuse list. What about heroin, LSD, PCP, crack? Make those legal too? Come on, grow up. And yes your kids would be able to buy it.

Here in Florida the new busts are going after the synthetic weed sold at convenience stores. So now we have companies making a synthetic linked to a bunch of crazies. And the companies mfg the product are constantly now changing the formulation to stay ahead of law enforcement.

So we have products sold as bath salts that are now being consumed as drugs. We have glass tubes with a rose in them.. thats a crack pipe being sold.. the blunts, you name it.

A person when he wants something and sets his mind to it .. will get it. Until you change that behavior legal or not.. You will have the abuse problem. This country has lost all civics. And it really starts in the house, faith, and upbringing.

Society abuses what is legal now. And you pay for it with extra law enforcement, higher insurance premiums, etc. I really see little need to add even more options to the abuse list. What about heroin, LSD, PCP, crack? Make those legal too? Come on, grow up. And yes your kids would be able to buy it.
Saying you pay for it with extra law enforcement isn't a very good point considering the amount of time and resources involved for a single arrest of possession. As far as the other drugs you listed, you are putting apples with oranges. And also I think they should all be legalized. It should be up the user if they want to use or not. Statistics show that when drugs are legalized use goes down. The number one killer in this country is heart disease, yet I don't see crap food being illegal, and I don't see exercise being being required.

And it really starts in the house, faith, and upbringing.
So true Julio, loss of faith.

hello; I think weed should be legalized in the US along with prostitution. Since we have so many states and different laws in them it would be tuff. Maybe certain states could have it as in some states prostitution is legal.
On the TV recently I saw a show on Hashish and how Moroco has the best climate for growing weed. The weed is not agianst the law there but making it into Hash is. I think it was on National Geographic. It was interesting.
IBBY