You can type here any text you want

At what HP level did you guys go 10's 9's or even 8's??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike T

I know HP isn't all that's involved. I've read a few threads on here where cars have went fast on much lower HP than the online ET calculators would have predicted. A quick example would be 10.90 with 430 to the ground...the calculators that I've found predicted about 11.80's @3600 pounds.

Last edited:
Calculator app I have says my stock engine at 24 psi on my TA49 is putting down 436 flywheel hp to run 11.88. Don't know what that translates to wheel hp. Based on the 1/4 mph of 112 it comes up with 405 fwhp.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Calculator app I have says my stock engine at 24 psi on my TA49 is putting down 436 flywheel hp to run 11.88. Don't know what that translates to wheel hp. Based on the 1/4 mph of 112 it comes up with 405 fwhp.

Your car is a good example. The wallace calculator (based on 3600#s) calculated 424 to the ground to run 11.88

From all that I can find the Wallace calculator is RWHP.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

I used car calculator from Google play store. And entered 3700 as the weight.

I had a dyno once in Denver, I think uncorrected it was 500 hp 600 tq to the ground, and at the time it ran 11.2 at 126 (Denver, and not enough stall to get the turbo going 3000 stall and TE45a at 5800 ft up). Same setup and boost in FL no changes, even the same race gas in the tank, 10.9 at 127.

Your car is a good example. The wallace calculator (based on 3600#s) calculated 424 to the ground to run 11.88

From all that I can find the Wallace calculator is RWHP.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php
No way. It's fwhp and long for our typical engines that are peak in the low 5000's. 580whp was enough to run 9.96@135.8x. I disagree with the calculator saying 730+hp. It was 72lbs/min of air and pretty much done at 5600rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way. It's fwhp and long for our typical engines that are peak in the low 5000's. 580whp was enough to run 9.96@135.8x. I disagree with the calculator saying 730+hp. It was 72lbs/min of air and pretty much done at 5600rpm

That's really good to hear. Following conversations on various boards including YB most were saying WHP. This has left me scratching my head for a while now.
Do you know of a good WHP calculator?

That's really good to hear. Following conversations on various boards including YB most were saying WHP. This has left me scratching my head for a while now.
No. hp is a formula based on work and time. None of the calculators ask about rpm. They are generic and assume the same coefficient for all engines. A 9000rpm ohc engine that moves 70lbs/min is 900hp. A 5500rpn v6 that moves 70lbs/min is 680hp. Chances are the 5500rpm engine will make for a quicker car especially if conditions are less than ideal even though it's over 200hp less. The ohc engine is likely 400ftlbs less tq also. There's no way to compare multiple cars performances with a hp calculator. A mass flow calculator/vehicle weight calculator would be a much better tool. You could compare anything that moves under its own weight that is powered by an engine

Last edited:
YB is about as accurate as listening to the media. People keep asking questions till they get the answers they want to hear. See it in here quite often too.

I'll have to admit that most of my goals have been based on this calculator. Nice little bonus to discover that I've been working on bad info:).
Can you get mass flow from PL data?

Still would like to hear more HP VS ET

I'll have to admit that most of my goals have been based on this calculator. Nice little bonus to discover that I've been working on bad info:).
Can you get mass flow from PL data?

Still would like to hear more HP VS ET
It can be estimated based on fuel consumption

Around 50lbs/min mid 5000's rpm

The car should run 11.0-11.1 @ 3600lbs

10.90-11.0 if you run it lean and aggressive with the timing (not 93 octane)

Nothing beats the old moroso slide calculator. If your slower you have some work to do, if your 2 tenths quicker your not gettng much better.

Converter requirements quite a bit different for that relatively low mass flow. Probably need a 19 blade to be able to get the flash rpm needed unless it's an unopened engine but I doubt it is based on the numbers

10.90-11.0 if you run it lean and aggressive with the timing (not 93 octane)

I just remembered something that may skew that.....base FP was 48

Back