You can type here any text you want

At what HP level did you guys go 10's 9's or even 8's??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Why do they produce torque so low in rpm and then it falls off? Is that from the heads not flowing that well up top?

I know HP isn't all that's involved. I've read a few threads on here where cars have went fast on much lower HP than the online ET calculators would have predicted. A quick example would be 10.90 with 430 to the ground...the calculators that I've found predicted about 11.80's @3600 pounds.
The weight of the car,how soon the car Makes power in the rpm range and how soon the car can apply that power to the ground are the reasons why certain combos run faster or slower.there are 2 cars here that define the differences,car 1 made 1000rwhp on a dyno and ran 11.0 at over 150 mph,car 2 made 850rwhp on a dyno and ran 8.6 at 156mph.the differences between the 2cars are in my initial statement.

Converter requirements quite a bit different for that relatively low mass flow. Probably need a 19 blade to be able to get the flash rpm needed unless it's an unopened engine but I doubt it is based on the numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stated earlier (and in other post) that I'm running a 17 blade PTC. It's actually a PTC-9.5-700-27-18-0-SL (18 blade). Not the 19 blade you were discussing but I would guess it's a little more suited to my application VS the 17?

The weight of the car,how soon the car Makes power in the rpm range and how soon the car can apply that power to the ground are the reasons why certain combos run faster or slower.there are 2 cars here that define the differences,car 1 made 1000rwhp on a dyno and ran 11.0 at over 150 mph,car 2 made 850rwhp on a dyno and ran 8.6 at 156mph.the differences between the 2cars are in my initial statement.

Do you know roughly what the 8.60 car weighed?

Back