You can type here any text you want

At what HP level did you guys go 10's 9's or even 8's??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just rememberd

I just remembered something that may skew that.....base FP was 48
51-52lbs/min. You'd need to verify that it was 1:1 at full load/rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If 52 equals 520 @ the crank that's exactly what the dyno worked out to with 15% loss

If 52 equals 520 @ the crank that's exactly what the dyno worked out to with 15% loss
It's probably very close to that if the rpm was mid 5000's

5375, all this time I've been saying it should run 11.70 @ 117:rolleyes:

Converter requirements quite a bit different for that relatively low mass flow. Probably need a 19 blade to be able to get the flash rpm needed unless it's an unopened engine but I doubt it is based on the numbers

Going 210/210 roller this time. Think this will put it a little closer to where it needs to be?

Going 210/210 roller this time. Think this will put it a little closer to where it needs to be?
Idk what 210/210means. The cam itself will matter so little it's not even worth discussing. If overlap at .050 is -12 to -8 it will perform about the same as any other cam that nets the same overlap. Small turbo/high drive pressure less overlap and higher CR required and rpm is limited. Larger turbo at 1.3:1 or better can run more overlap and extend the power band a lot. 400-500rpm even with the same overlap as other example. You're pretty much pigeon holed by the turbo

It's the DLS that's been around for a while. Can't find much info on the old GTQ 70 w/85 housing.....not sure how efficient it is.

It's the DLS that's been around for a while. Can't find much info on the old GTQ 70 w/85 housing.....not sure how efficient it is.
You could probably add overlap and pick up power if you have enough spring. The gains would be no where near what they would be if you were to increase the manifold pressure though. You are probably straddling the surge line running that turbo at 50lbs/min

51-52lbs/min. You'd need to verify that it was 1:1 at full load/rpm

I think this also answers a question I've been struggling with concerning converter slip. If mass flow matches dyno #s I'd say there's no HP loss through slippage???
Or would the addition load on the motor do something to HP #s that I'm not thinking of?

I think this also answers a question I've been struggling with concerning converter slip. If mass flow matches dyno #s I'd say there's no HP loss through slippage???
Or would the addition load on the motor do something to HP #s that I'm not thinking of?
Don't get hung up on converter slip. If it's in the 6-8% range at the trap then it's working well and of little concern. You have even less to worry about because your exhaust pressure will be low and the engine will not lay over at higher rpm unless you have inadequate valve springs. With that turbo I'd be building to operate at 5600-6200 and let it ride out in 3rd. I'd gear it to go 150mph at 6300. 10:1 CR 35-37psi and -4 to 0 overlap @ .050" its probably good for very low 9's. Intercooler, heads, and engine have to support that though

YB is about as accurate as listening to the media. People keep asking questions till they get the answers they want to hear. See it in here quite often too.

Amazing but true statement, " People keep asking questions till they get the answers they want to hear" not only in this board but in society drama life.

I dug up some other info, in 2002 dynoed 403 hp and 545 tq at Lingenfilter's shop in Dallas back in the day, 17-18 psi on bowl ported irons, TE44 and 210/210 on 110 old school roller cam, at the track in Ennis it ran 11.80-12.10 at 112-115. The torque curve on these Buicks are brutal down low at insane cylinder pressures. That's why Bison is saying HP is meaningless.

Spun it to 6400 RPM look at those curves! What a fun setup that was on the street.

DSC01661.JPG

How is HP meaningless? 400HP @ 3800LBS should run 11.80 @ 111. You are close?

How is HP meaningless? 400HP @ 3800LBS should run 11.80 @ 111. You are close?

In that our Buicks, a 400 rwhp one probably has the comparable torque as another 400 hp Buick. A 400 hp Honda 1.8L? Not going to have the same torque, and will be slower with equal gearing and weight car, thus meaningless from a pure hp point of view.

That 403hp was a chassis dyno? I thought it was flywheel. So my numbers are wrong.

Back