ATR PARTS-How long does it take??

FYI, I'M WAITING ON A PART THAT WAS PURCHASED FROM ATR THROUGH A VENDOR ON THIS BOARD. THE TRANSACTION WAS DONE SEVERAL WEEKS AGO. I KNEW BEFOREHAND THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE A WAITING GAME, ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WAS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE FABRICATED. THE PRODUCTS SHIP DIRECTLY FROM ATR, AND THEY HAVE REPEATEDLY GIVEN THIS VENDOR BAD INFO ABOUT SHIPMENTS IN THE PAST. I CAN REMEMBER BACK IN THE 90'S WHEN DEALING WITH ATR WAS ANYTHING BUT PROBLEMATIC. UNFORTUNATELY NEW OWNERSHIP THAT HAS NO PASSION FOR THESE CARS, AND WANTING TO MAKE A BUCK HAS CHANGED MY OPINOIN OF THEM. THEY STILL MAKE A GOOD PRODUCT, BUT THERE BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE NOT WHAT I CONSIDER UP TO PAR.

We should be thankful......

............... IN THE 90'S WHEN DEALING WITH ATR WAS ANYTHING BUT PROBLEMATIC. UNFORTUNATELY NEW OWNERSHIP THAT HAS NO PASSION FOR THESE CARS, AND WANTING TO MAKE A BUCK HAS CHANGED MY OPINOIN OF THEM. THEY STILL MAKE A GOOD PRODUCT, BUT THERE BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE NOT WHAT I CONSIDER UP TO PAR. [/B]

Having met the new owners when they took over from Phil [founder of ATR in the 80's], and know they have been very supportive and helpful to the Buick community.

Their "passion" may be tempered by the fewer turbo Buicks on the road 20 years later, and the more difficult business climate due to gov't regulations. Other vendors feel this crunch as well and turn to other product lines to help pay the bills. Keeping lots of high $$$$ and slow moving Buick inventory on hand is not good business practice.

We should be thankful people like ATR and other Buick vendors, especially ones that manufacture specific items for our cars, are still willing to provide for us.:)

I wish I knew that my DP was going out????? I have no clue when or if it is even ordered????? We should be thankful that these manufacturers are making products for our cars or any cars for that matter. I have ordered many parts from Poston and recieve them within a week, sometimes 3-4 days. Business is business and products need to be sent out to the customers promptly. That is extremely important. I am an electrician and we have to have comercial buildings done and built from the ground up in two months, on many jobs, or we dont get any future jobs. If manufacturers cant do this also, they wont get any future "jobs". Thats a fact of business. Time is money. ---Jeremy

Jeremy just cancel the order and buy a THDP and just be done with the run around from everyone,The weather has been way to nice not to be able to drive that beast.Give me a call I have someone thats wants to buy your truck if you still want to sell it.

No, If it doesnt come today, I'm getting a refund and going with Terry Houston. WAAAYYYYYYYYY WAYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOO LOOONNNNNGGGG to be waiting for a part. I will never buy from ATR again garaunteed. Thanks for asking MIke!! ---Jeremy

I had to ask since the one I ordered has not gone out either. 1 person there told me twice that our cashier's check had not arrived yet (mailed out on the 8th & we're only 3 hours away from ATR?), another person said it had arrived & the dp would go out next Monday, & the owner told me this past Tuesday the cashier's check was there-but then he called me back yesterday & said he confused the check with a piece of paper that had our customer's name & address on it?? Someone called them late Friday afternoon & asked about the availability of a DP303 only to find out they did have some on hand, but they couldn't go out yet?? It sounds like they sold all the ones they made up & now other folks are having to wait. I'm not sure what's going out at this point.

Sounds like bad business to me. I think its a good idea that I started this post a long time ago so people can now read about the experiences that Mike and I have had. This is a perfect example and now Im glad this was switched to the FEEDBACK section. "GO TERRY HOUSTON" CAUSE HES GOT MY BUSINESS!!!

Well, I asked Brian for a refund, which he said earlier that he would give me, on Saturday. Have written him two more e-mails and havent heard anything back from him. We'll see how long that takes???? Im just sick about this whole situation and now I realize that I should have just bought a TH from Johns Performance and been done and driving my car 7 weeks ago. Now I have nothing and have to deal with trying to get my money back. What a bad deal!!!

i ordered a dp for my tta from atr directly from there website 3-22 (verified my order by phone same day)recieved it today 3-28 nice lookin pipe!going on the car tomarrow:) just wanted to let you know.

i have placed several orders from ATR and never had any problems. other than sending the wrong Buick t-shirt

Brian got everything taken care of and gave me refund with no problems!!! Thanks Brian!! Anyways, I ordered a THDP from Johns Performance and I have a tracking number and will here tomorrow. Paid for it 5 days ago. Dont really know what the deal was with ATR but at least the car will be back together for this gorgeous weather we are having!!! --------Jeremy

i have always had good luck with atr. you need to remember that this is the time of year everyone's getting ready for bowling green and breaking out their car for spring. and doing upgrades. it always takes longer to get stuff this time of year.

Got the new THDP and 2.5" ATR exhaust on the car tonight!!! Sounds awesome!!! thanks for everyone help!! ---Jeremy