aussie says hi

throttlehappy

just signed up so i thought id say gday to everyone :)

i will post some pics of my of my rides in the next couple of days which are a 1995 Holden VR Berlina 3.8 buick v6 and a 2002 VX SS Holden Commodore 5.7 ltr LS1

cheers

just signed up so i thought id say gday to everyone :)

i will post some pics of my of my rides in the next couple of days which are a 1995 Holden VR Berlina 3.8 buick v6 and a 2002 VX SS Holden Commodore 5.7 ltr LS1

cheers

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of GN !!:D

thanks for the welcome
here are some of those pics i was talking about

Rimg0051.jpg

Rimg0063.jpg

mods - lowered, tint, 6 speaker system, 2 1/2" cat back exhaust

redss.jpg

redss2.jpg

redss3.jpg

mods - 4 into 1 1"3/4 paceys, stainless 3" high flow cats, stainless twin 2 1/2" remus race exhaust, monaro cold air intake & twin hole mod, k&n, comp 918 valve springs, ripshifter, 4" gts maf pipe, mafless tune = 227 rwkw and 535 nm
future mods - otrcai, 3'9's, h/c package, tex clutch

Right on man. Nice cars :cool: I love the Ute version. I heard that we finally may be getting the Ute here in the states. Beautiful country too btw. My wife and I were down there in 03.

Right on man. Nice cars :cool: I love the Ute version. I heard that we finally may be getting the Ute here in the states. Beautiful country too btw. My wife and I were down there in 03.

thanks, the vr is my daily and the ss is for after hours lol
im pretty sure you will get the ute
ill have to take some photos of the vr's engine because i want to find out what model buick it is from. this engine was used over here from about 89 to 95 if that helps.

cheers

thanks, the vr is my daily and the ss is for after hours lol
im pretty sure you will get the ute
ill have to take some photos of the vr's engine because i want to find out what model buick it is from. this engine was used over here from about 89 to 95 if that helps.

cheers

We used them in front drive Buick Regals, Buick Park Avenues, Buick LeSabre's, Pontiac Grand Prix's, Pontiac Bonneville's, and it saw rear drive duties in 95.5 to 02 Chevrolet Camaro's & Pontiac Firebirds. There were supercharged versions as well in some of the model. I am sure I am missing a couple of models. When my wife and I were in OZ I saw that the Holden Calias', Commadore sedan and Ute's had this engine driving the rear wheels. The 3.8L is a great engine.

Around 1986/1987 you guys had a 4 door sedan that was turbocharged with a inline 6 if I am not mistaken. They also came with 5spd manuals too. Do you recall which model this was?

cheers, i know there a good engine mines done 227,000 k's and its still going strong. i give it **** too, get on the brake almost everyday :D
the vls are nice hey
the engine is a nissan rb30. most of australias quickest cars are vl turbos

Wow I didn't realize that they had a Nissan motor in them :cool: So people are probably swapping them with newer Skyline motors? Here's one that I took a picture of in Shellharbour in Dec 2003.

4y693ep.jpg

Wow I didn't realize that they had a Nissan motor in them :cool: So people are probably swapping them with newer Skyline motors? Here's one that I took a picture of in Shellharbour in Dec 2003

yeah there a tough 3 ltr, some guys swap em for rb26's and some keep the rb30 bottom end and get a rb26 top end. either way there bloody quick (turbd anyway)

my brother just sold his vl (non turbo though) which had only 2 previous owners and was mint, they go forever

check this website out calaisturbo.com.au - Powered by vBulletin
you might like it!