You can type here any text you want

autocross tires for street and straight line acceleration.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Howling Mad

I know they want hook as well as drag radials but what have you tried how are they in the wet and from a stop.

On a poorly prepped track I ran 11.3 @ 125 on NT01's 275 40 17. On slicks with the same mph it's run 10.7 on a well hooking track off the foot brake. On the street its way more fun to drive on NT01's vs slicks which is 99% of the time I'm in the car compared to a few seconds at the track. In the rain, well, only got hit once in the rain on the way to the track in the T. My wipers and rain-x weren't on the car yet so I had to drive slow (35 mph) since I couldn't see. Same tires on my Z06 I can drive 60 mph in the rain, but not a heavy rain with standing water. I try to stay 45 or less in the vette in the rain on them.

On a poorly prepped track I ran 11.3 @ 125 on NT01's 275 40 17. On slicks with the same mph it's run 10.7 on a well hooking track off the foot brake. On the street its way more fun to drive on NT01's vs slicks which is 99% of the time I'm in the car compared to a few seconds at the track. In the rain, well, only got hit once in the rain on the way to the track in the T. My wipers and rain-x weren't on the car yet so I had to drive slow (35 mph) since I couldn't see. Same tires on my Z06 I can drive 60 mph in the rain, but not a heavy rain with standing water. I try to stay 45 or less in the vette in the rain on them.
What size/tire do you run on the front? Is your car lowered at all?

Buick has stock springs and ride height, 245 45 17 on 17x8 up front on Sumitomo HTR Z's 160 treadwear. Z06 runs 275 40 17 NT01 up front.

Nitto nt05.......Seems to be a good triple purpose tire street drag autocross.....

I am getting ready to get some 18" tires and need the same triple purpose tires do the NT05's hook well compared to other drag radials?

From what ive been told and read if ur gonna autocross and dd the car then regular nt05 you will get more life out of them and they have a stiffer sidewall i saw a vid of them on a newer corvette doing twisties and straight line stuff.. the other DR will be too soft, wear to quickly and not handle corners....

I run Falken Azenis,No Issues in Rain,They handle increitiably,I've pulled my front tires off the ground at 40mph with them on kick down (but i have the power to do that) ...295/40-18's in back,255/40-18's in front.

Enjoy!

I run TOYO Proxis T1R tires and love them! I cut 1.8 sixty foot times with these, I autox with them, and they are great on the street!

Most of all the big time "protouring cars" that attend our local protouring event held here each year all run BF Goodrich KDW2 tires for all three events (Auto-x, BAER brake speed/stop challenge, Drag racing). Kyle tucker, Air ride technologies, Carbon customs, and MANY of the individual people have these on there car and swear by them... I am switching to them myself after I wear the T1R's down.

The R888 is also another great tire.

I run Falken Azenis,No Issues in Rain,They handle increitiably,I've pulled my front tires off the ground at 40mph with them on kick down (but i have the power to do that) ...295/40-18's in back,255/40-18's in front.

Enjoy!

I don't think power will be a problem once I switch to e85 lol. How much is your speedometer off by with those 28'' tires? And does the side wall height matter that much since they're about as hard as a rock?

Enjoy!

Got video of this feat pulling the front wheels at 40 mph roll on 18 inch street tires?

Up until this past weekend I had only ever Auto-X'd on the 315/35R17 NT05Rs mounted on my Buick and they work okay. The "soft" sidewall isn't as bad as it is made out to be and the tires can be tuned in with air pressure adustments.

This past Sunday I took the car to the track for the first time in years and knocked off a 1.70 60' using them; FWIW the car finished the run at 11.91 @ 112.24mph. On the way home we got caught in a rain storm and other than hydroplaning through some deep water filled rutts the car was fine in the rain despite the tires now being down to the wear bars.

I worry less about the brand of tires, and more about perfecting the driver modification.

I run TOYO Proxis T1R tires and love them! I cut 1.8 sixty foot times with these, I autox with them, and they are great on the street!

Most of all the big time "protouring cars" that attend our local protouring event held here each year all run BF Goodrich KDW2 tires for all three events (Auto-x, BAER brake speed/stop challenge, Drag racing). Kyle tucker, Air ride technologies, Carbon customs, and MANY of the individual people have these on there car and swear by them... I am switching to them myself after I wear the T1R's down.

The R888 is also another great tire.

Scott: What size rear tire will you be using? That BF Goodrich does not appear to be mae in a 285/40 -18 size.

I plan on going with the 285/35-18 if they have them..

Unfortunately BF Goodrich does not make a 285/35 in a 18" rim, they make a 285/30 which is only 24.8" tall. I ended up buying the 275/35 which are 25.7" tall but stretch slightly on a 10" wide rim.

I am using a 235/40 on the front 8.5" rim, the pictures below show the difference in heights and widths on each rim. The left is the 8.5" front rim, the right is the 10" rear rim.

Datar
IMG_2546.JPG
IMG_2549.JPG
IMG_2550.jpg

One more shot showing a set of 295/35 R18 BF Goodrich Gforce Drag Radials on the 10" wheel. They bulge slightly and will not fit unless I notch the frame, saving that project for next year. I ended up going with a 5.5" BS with the CCW Classics which gives me room to add disc brakes or a larger tire with my ride height. The front rims have a 5" BS.

Datar

IMG_2405.JPG

I don't think power will be a problem once I switch to e85 lol. How much is your speedometer off by with those 28'' tires? And does the side wall height matter that much since they're about as hard as a rock?

I have VDO adjustiable Speedo..(GNX Dash) One hwy trip to Mile Mark set it with touch of the button, Done...8^)
They have a 11 inch footprint,I had 3:50 gears before but car was out gear at the 1/8 mile(low 7's@110mph)went to 3:20 now an it's perfect.

Back