AutoFair Fall 2007

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Well..... It was a great time had by all, we ended up with 19 cars and trucks. It was great to get to see all of the folks and add in some new faces. Only thing that was missing was a Typhoon and a TTA. For those who missed it we had a blast from the Cracker Barrel @ 6:30a.m. 'til the Applebees @ 6:30p.m.. Can't wait until the next get together wherever it may be. More than likely we will be pig pickin' to the east again ;) ;)

Further pics and Group information can be found here:
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/GM_TURBO6/photos

Congrats to all the trophy winners!!
1. Best of Show:
87 GNX Alonzo P.

2. Best Buick Powered:
87 GN Racecar Trampess B.

3. Best Syclone/Typhoon:
91 Syclone Lee D.

4. 3rd place:
87 Regal Turbo (Actual factory methanol test car 1 of 5!!) Gary K.

Attachments

• DSC05523 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC05523 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 238
  • DSC05524 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC05524 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC05527 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC05527 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC05525 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC05525 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 224
A big thank you to all who came out to the show. Monte, GaryK, Johnny, it was great you all made the long drives to come and show with us. We hope you all would want to come back in April & show again. We enjoyed having you all with us! I think you all fit right in with us. Super lineup, as always it was fun to hear what general Q public commented as they looked at our cars/trucks. So thank you for making it happen.

Congrats to the winners!!!! That car of Alonzo's is bad!!! If I knew you were in the shade I may have tried harder to get there;)

A big thank you to all who came out to the show. Monte, GaryK, Johnny, it was great you all made the long drives to come and show with us. We hope you all would want to come back in April & show again. We enjoyed having you all with us! I think you all fit right in with us. Super lineup, as always it was fun to hear what general Q public commented as they looked at our cars/trucks. So thank you for making it happen.

If anybody in our "club" deserves the most credit it most definately has to be you Cheryl. You are like the administrative person that keeps us all organized and keeps all of us knowing whats going on. You made sure that everybody received their tickets and kept us all fed. Without you we couldn't make it as good of a time. Glad you keep us straight and thanks again (mom;) )

[ Kevin, sorry you couldn't join us. Looks like the Autofair curse hit both you and Conrad this year. I hope both of your cars are okay :(

Car is fine, or will be. Another 100 feet or so and it would have been a lot worse. Matter of fact I have some gret candid action photos of all the winos, crckheads and general lowlifes that converged on me, the car, my best friend's fiancee and her 15 year old son as we waited close to 5 hours for the wrecker. (I'll stop here, but suffice it to say there is more to the story than anyone has been told.) Was an eye-opening adventure to say the least.

If anybody in our "club" deserves the most credit it most definately has to be you Cheryl. You are like the administrative person that keeps us all organized and keeps all of us knowing whats going on. You made sure that everybody received their tickets and kept us all fed. Without you we couldn't make it as good of a time. Glad you keep us straight and thanks again (mom;) )

Aww, thanks Clint! It's a tough job, but somebody has to keep all yall guys organized :biggrin: Hmmm...you were calling me Grandma yesterday:eek:
I'm going to start a new thread for October possibilties for a meet, so everybody needs to post their ideas

Car is fine, or will be. Another 100 feet or so and it would have been a lot worse. Matter of fact I have some gret candid action photos of all the winos, crckheads and general lowlifes that converged on me, the car, my best friend's fiancee and her 15 year old son as we waited close to 5 hours for the wrecker. (I'll stop here, but suffice it to say there is more to the story than anyone has been told.) Was an eye-opening adventure to say the least.

Kevin, we can't wait to hear the whole sorted tale. We may have to do a Jordan Lake meet so Sharriff can chime in with his perpective of it. We're glad you didn't have a really major incident. You weren't by chance listening to Kenny Rogers on the way back to Chapel Hill were you? (You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...with a load of passengers and a trophy to steal , I was headed for Charlotte but ended up in Chapel Hill :confused: )

Looks like everyone had a good time. I wanted to take the TTA but it wasnt ready in time :mad:

"the rest of the story" is probably better left unsaid at this point, but considering what could have happened I consider myself fortunate, perhaps even blessed that the worst part is that I had the car to beat, and the rest of the world will never know ....

Thanks Cheryl for all you do. putting up with all of our crap and saying that we will be there and then quiting and then saying at the last minute can i come now! Thanks again MOM

Kevin, we can't wait to hear the whole sorted tale. We may have to do a Jordan Lake meet so Sharriff can chime in with his perpective of it. We're glad you didn't have a really major incident. You weren't by chance listening to Kenny Rogers on the way back to Chapel Hill were you? (You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...with a load of passengers and a trophy to steal , I was headed for Charlotte but ended up in Chapel Hill :confused: )

That's funny as crap. that made spit kool-aid out my nose as i read that and was taking a big drink!

Also thanks guys for coming out to the show. It was nice to meet some of the new faces of our turbo brothers outside of the good ole north state.

congrats to our winners this yr.

GNX clone coming soon #548 with a v8 twin turbo 5 speed :biggrin:

That's funny as crap. that made spit kool-aid out my nose as i read that and was taking a big drink!:

again: let's hope you have the sense of humour when you're in the same situation

Yes, thank you Cheryl for all you've done to get this going. And also thanks for the Scooby Doo and signage for the Hot Air.

After much thought, I do believe there needs to be a Hot Air GNX!!! You know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them (or clone them :D ).

Kevin, I sure it wasn't a funny situation and to wait 5 hours for a tow truck?? WTF is with that!

again: let's hope you have the sense of humour when you're in the same situation

Relax Kevin, we are not laughing at you. We both feel your pain and don't wish that on anyone. Just laughing at Cheryl is all...

Relax Kevin, we are not laughing at you. We both feel your pain and don't wish that on anyone. Just laughing at Cheryl is all...

Ditto

kevin it's all good you need some help to get it back rolling again.

of all the adjectives that could be used to describe yesterday; "amusing" is not one of them.

Cheryl,
Wanted to tell everyone that the smoke from my car was (as Pat predicted) a bad turbo seal. that is not the bad news as there is 1/8" side play in the shaft so the bearings are bad as well. Son Adam did an admirable job driving the car home without getting into boost a single time...that is a FIRST for Adam.

Since the turbo has less than a thousand miles on it, hopefully Jack Cotton and Turbonetics can help me out. There had been some minor warning signs (increased turbo lag, sound that I thought was an exhaust manifold gasket leak).

Anyone got a spare inlet bell for a stock turbo that I could borrow to get back on the road? I still have the stock turbo.

Conrad

thanks

we just got home.
I would like to thank everyone for a great time for me and my girls,and good meeting all of you.I look forward to getting together again.sign me up for the next meet..the trip was worth it.
Cheryl ,thanks for putting all this together ( and the food:biggrin: ).the shaddy spot was great too (and the tickets were free,what could make it better?)
slogn, good to meet you, would have liked to talked to you more about tuning my car, thanks for the good info...you do have a really nice gn:biggrin:
sydwyndr; good to meet you also,take car of my cars sister..ill always be jelous of the vynil top and bucket seats;) p.s. thanks for the dorky pic of me posted for the whole world to laugh at,LOL.
esinger; nice hot air, didnt realize the came with a scooby-do:eek:
alanzo, nice car .good to meet you too, the water spots you found later on the car was my drool:eek:
guy with the yellow malibu (sorry forgot your name) nice car,glad to see it in person after seeing it so much on the net.alot of trick stuff on that ride.
monte; nice car also.get that turbo monte project, then your tag will really play with peoples, minds.;)
sorry if i forgot anyone,my mind is not as good as it should be.:mad:

I was the last in our line when we left the speedway,i wish some of you could have seen the reactions of the people watching us leave, priceless.....again,good to meet you guy,had a great time,Gary.