You can type here any text you want

axle upgrade time

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grocerygetter

I'm being preventative...went to the track last month and cut some 1.60 60fts. I figure it would be smart to go ahead and do some c-clip elims and some axles. From what I've searched here the Strange C-clip elims are the ones to get since they won't sling oil out due to bearing design. My question: Moser or Strange 28 spline? I don't plan on doing a new carrier and doing the rest of the stuff to go bigger. I only race the car a few times in the early spring and late fall.

I would save the $ and trouble and just install 28 spline Mosers with the c clips. They will go low 10's with 60's in the 1.4's with no problem.

Stock replacment Mosers, and then you can do C-clip elims whenever you feel like down the road...or if you decide to get more serious then you could step up to 30 spline stuff and Ford ends and skip the whole will the C-clip elims leak or won't they problem (I've had good luck with my C-clip elims, but others haven't).

hmmm i might have to think about this too... im in the mid 1.4s on a completly stock rear end. :eek:

Strange Engineering A1032 - Strange Safety Hubs C-Clip Eliminators
Moser Engineering A102808 - Moser Engineering Replacement C-Clip Axles
Moser Engineering 8000 - Moser Engineering Wheel Studs (1/2 x 20, 3" long)

so this is my shopping list...someone double check part numbers and make sure I'm correct please. (www.summitracing.com)

been 1.50's for yrs stock axles ... i need to go to a better axle but no c clip eliminator i dont want to cut up my housing

Back