Band Clamp?

pitoturbo

DID ANY BODY USE BAND CLAMPS FOR 3" DP'S HOW GOOD ARE THEY ? MY QUESTION IS WHEN YOU USE THE CLAMP DO PUT IT AROUND THE TEST PIPE OR HALF &HALF MEANING HALF DOWNPIPE & TEST PIPE :confused: IN THE PROSSES OF INSTALATION!!

So Steve I'm guessing you had to cut one or the other to use the hanger at the 4 hole flange end since you are butting the two together and useing a band clamp.

Did I misunderstand the question?

The TH dump slides over the dp, rather than clamping it with a U-clamp, I used a Walker stainless steel band clamp that overlaps both pipes and conforms to both... no leaks, no crimps, easy to separate when I have to. :)

No........maybe I did. I thought by him saying end to end, he was butting them end to end. But now you made it perfectly clear. I was asking as a THDP is next on the long list.

I have used the band clamps for years now with good success. I also use them to conect the mufflers. This way you can remove the exhaust system with no problems.

Like Steve said it will take weight off of the turbo and DP. This hanger is good to have because of motor rotation under hard exceleration. It will allow the exhaust system to be supported.