You can type here any text you want

Best A-arms for <$500?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

Tell me what you have used for <$500 and why you think they are the best?

I had the UB machine uppers and decided they aren't sturdy enough for my liking. Similar to the less expensive G-Body parts uppers.

I have UMI lowers already and don't' want just a replacement arm that isn't going to change any caster. Thinking about UMI uppers already.

Not really interested in fully adjustable SPC's. So, what are other options?

Thanks....

I'm not sure what you're doing to cause a tubular arm to give you a problem the the ones G body and Speedway make are heavy enough to hold up to a lot of punishment. You don't need to spend $500 for a pair of durable uppers though.

I've looked into this, and the UMI uppers are pretty sturdy. I have contacted them about getting a pair before they are coated so I can chrome them.
I'm pretty much set on the UMI's.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

coach... that's where I have been leaning too. Although others do look sturdy enough.. some of the similar ones don't seem to have much thought to how they are fabricated.

the UBmachine and g-body arms are fine, but I just want something sturdier ( I do know someone that bent a pair not hitting a curb).

I'm looking for some real world experiences if anyone has any.

Well I can tell you the speedway ones we've used on the dirt track cars take some serious punishment. Run them into retaining walls, been in wrecks, and in 1 case had another car drive other the front end. Arms were still good when we started checking things.;)

Well I can tell you the speedway ones we've used on the dirt track cars take some serious punishment. Run them into retaining walls, been in wrecks, and in 1 case had another car drive other the front end. Arms were still good when we started checking things.;)

Do you have a link to the speedway ones?

Why would someone want to replace the factory ones?

Upper bushings for the right side are on my winter bucket list,so I'm trying to educate myself in this control arm stuff.

Do you have a link to the speedway ones?
Speedway motors PN 910-31134. You have to choose between an 8.5" long or an 8" long one but each will work just as well as the other. While you're at it there's a sticky in the suspension section about suspension and brake upgrades that will help you out.
Why would someone want to replace the factory ones?
The stock ones are find for normal driving but in performance usage they can flex and will bend right behind the ball joint. It's a weak design if you plan on performance usage.
Upper bushings for the right side are on my winter bucket list,so I'm trying to educate myself in this control arm stuff.

The sticky I mentioned should help you figure out what you want to do.;)

Speedway motors PN 910-31134. You have to choose between an 8.5" long or an 8" long one but each will work just as well as the other.
Just a FYI, The RT side a-arm is 8.0'' and the left side is 8.5" people would have to buy 2 RT side a-arms and flip the left one over in order for these to work properly other wise people who ordered these as Left & Right are running around with a left a-arm (center to center) of 8.5" and the RT (center to center) of 8.0".....

Back