Best front mount intercooler for the dollar

I might as well post up my results. Ive used Precision and G bodies with equally good results. The G body was not a problem on my car with a shot of meth. Charge air temps were about 12* over ambient at 26psi, 6100rpm, and 140mph. About 780hp. Anything less hp i cant see any less result than mine if they are spraying alky in after the intercooler. Weight vs performance id rec the g body or precision unit. Both are way more than most need if running alky injection

heck...spraying alky I've yet to see someone post the benefit of a fmic over a nice aftermarket stock location like the the Precision, Gbody, etc.

Yeah i asked the seller on ebay and he doesnt have pictures either, but he said if i buy it and send him some good pictures of it installed he will refund me $50 on it. But i dont want to waste money on something that looks like crap (im no so worried about performance, i know it will do just as good if not better than stocker, plus this car is not going to be run hard)

Not sure who's I/C this is but This is the second I/C I seen do this in the last two years and not sure even if they are the same or not. At one point one has to decide on quality over price! ;)

This was just this year at Reynolds 2009..

Heres an ebay FMIC :eek:. I'll probably end up with something else in the future.

Attachments

• oilcooler2.jpg
    oilcooler2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 772
Rjc

Had 20 row stock location intercooler and was running 10.20 with 170 degree air temp going threw the traps. Went to RJC and went 9.93 with 97 degree air temp going threw the traps. Has RJC 375 and drive on the street with a/c on in 90 degree weather. Saw 183 on coolant temp.

Bought a Precision years ago, fits great. Pushing 28psi through it and have never had an issue. Runs around 180 on the street in the summer, but have to watch running the A/C, it will climb above 210 in traffic :(. And yeah, I know at my power level I don't need a FMIC, but if I ever want to build a nice motor, It's one item that won't need an upgrade.

Bought a Precision years ago, fits great. Pushing 28psi through it and have never had an issue. Runs around 180 on the street in the summer, but have to watch running the A/C, it will climb above 210 in traffic :(. And yeah, I know at my power level I don't need a FMIC, but if I ever want to build a nice motor, It's one item that won't need an upgrade.

Same with mine but i will be on the edge of needing a front mount intercooler when i get my heads an cam in :eek:

I have been thinking about getting that Same E-bay one that you have on the floor in the picture.
Does the E-bay one Work better (flow and Cooling) then a Stock IC with a Dutt neck?

i dont have pics but it fit ok. it was on the car when i bought it. i stepped up to a cottons when i upgraded from the cpt66 to the 76 gtq turbo. i sold the ebay unit to a guy on here that had a stock front mount with i believe a bigger neck but dont hold me to the bigger neck. that guy absolutely loves the intercoller and said he could tell a difference. this dude has a mid 10 sec everyday driver gn, another 10 sec gn thats really fancy and the one he put the ebay intercoller on. it has a 206 roller, cpt66 ptrim,artcar 9.5 converter.

Yeah i asked the seller on ebay and he doesnt have pictures either, but he said if i buy it and send him some good pictures of it installed he will refund me $50 on it. But i dont want to waste money on something that looks like crap (im no so worried about performance, i know it will do just as good if not better than stocker, plus this car is not going to be run hard)

no pic but it looked ok i didnt install it it was already on the car when i bought it.guy that bought it loves it but im sure its possible to get some that fit better than others

remember you get what you pay for ;) buy some ebay headers with that ebay intercooler lol