Best fuel pump to run 120 lb unjectors

I think I'm sold-I ll be buying a fuellab pump very soon-which pump do you recommend for 1100 HP on E-85?

If you need to calculate fuel conversions here is a good link, it will help with lbs/hr vs ltr/hr etc.
Flow units converter | Convert to units and culinary measures.

For instance,
13.5 volts
DW 301______@60psi = 448/lbs hr_________$170
Fuel Lab 40401 @60psi = about 520/lbs hr
Fuel Lab 41401 @60psi = about 650/lbs hr
Fuel Lab 41402 @60psi = about 910/lbs hr___$420
They say the 41402 is good to 1300hp on GAS FWIW.

Are you guys welding on sumps or getting the Rick Hot Rod tank etc?

I ve got a new gas tank and a new Robb McPerformance sender with 1/2" inlet & 1/2" supply lines. I plan on mounting my pump in the wheel well of the trunk as low as possible. On the supply to the pump I ll install a check valve to keep the supply to the pump primed. Also will have a pre and post fuel filter and another check valve off the supply of the pump to maintain pressure in the fuel lines and to keep any fuel fluctuations to a minimum during any hard launchs.

I think I'm sold-I ll be buying a fuellab pump very soon-which pump do you recommend for 1100 HP on E-85?

Are you running a carb or FI? You can cut the gasoline hp rating of our pumps roughly in half to get a decent idea how much power they will support with E-85.

Edit- I see that you are injected. The 42404 pump might work- have a look at the flow charts to be sure.

What check valves are you going to use? I need to figure this stuff out. Sounds like your doing what im trying to help a friend do.

From what i have gathered now, It will be one of the Robb McPerformance sender with -10 or -8 depending on the pump (fuelab probably) -8 to a Y and dual feeding the rails. We will be going 160's on the car unless something changes.

We have had two of the 42402 Fuelab pumps out on cars,

One was a E85 mustang, it made 762 Hp at the rear wheels on a MUSTANG dyno,and we never even switched it to the high setting, fuel pressure was solid at the top of the pull, and this was at 3 bar. base pressure plus 23 lbs of boost.
So a steady 68 psi fuel pressure @ 762 HP at the rear wheels on E85, on the low speed setting.

The other was not as good of an outcome, broke it twice, We ran this one on Methanol at first, then when we got it back from Fuelab(new one for FREE) we just desided Methanol was a pain in the @ss. Don't think the Methanol had anything to do with the pump breaking, just the Methanol wasn't worth the extra hassle, not much more cooling than the Ethanol.
Then it also broke it on the E85 in this car too, but they fixed it for free again, and now we will see what it does this season.
This car ran an Aeromotive Elimator while the fuelab was being fixed and sent back to us.We needed something before Dragweek and they could not get it back to us in time.
The mustang this one was in was a little different, it has a dual fuel system, and only uses the secondary pump for small bursts(any time boost comes in), and that was somehow a problem for the Fuelab. They updated the Firmware,and now it is likely not a problem anymore.

8b0f16a5.jpg

3b1d5e43.jpg

36421e40.jpg

In the pics above we were at the Dyno, the car made 650 hp at the rear wheels on this pump running Straight methanol, the Fuelab was pushing alot of fuel that day, but just stopped working the next day.:redface:

So the Eliminator with a speed controller, would work good, or the The fuelab will work also.

I have never liked using the weldons, other than the one in my airplane, they are just too loud for the street,and that is mainly where our cars are used.

Hope this helps.

I ll be using 120 lbers to break in my new stage2 motor when it's done and maybe switching up 160 lbers. One of the check valves is from Jays Racing and I think trick flow also sells them .

What is used to trigger the high speed on the fuel lab pump? a ground,12v,5v???

That's going to be the way I'm going.- Fuellab- pump/ filters w/check valves-just have to check out the regulators now.

Yup- by the time you pay for the pump and controller you re already over $1000. alittle more than i can spend on this.

there are several ways to configure hi and low. Mine is a default low then when the control lead is grounded it goes to hi. I have a switch in my car to turn it to hi. I also have used one of the aux outputs on the xfi to switch to high at 5 lbs of boost or more.

The small yellow jumper wire connected to ground is what turns on my high speed. It's activated by a hobb switch after 15 PSI.

Attachments

• pump 2.jpg
    pump 2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 319
120's / stock lines / double pumper here....

Installing a fuel pressure transducer on the rail. Will be interesting to see how this setup works. Some concern that the stock line will be too restrictive.