Best mufflers

The best one is the one that you like. I loved the sound of my Hooker mufflers.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

It seems there are different ways to arrive at this answer. Depending what your looking for.

On a turbo car for performance, it's best to have a muffler that is a 'strait through' design. But you may hate the way it sounds. I use 2 cheap-ass Kook's stainless mufflers. They don't do a damned thing.;)

Best thing for you may be to try to get around some Buicks and listen to your options. But the level of performance modifications someone has will also make difference in sound.

Oh, I see. I just went back and read your signature. Yea, you may be the type who doesn't care about the sound much.:)

Single or dual? I have one stainless 3" Summit brand muffler I used for a long time on a single shot that I liked the sound. You can see a little light through it. Nicks and dents but it is polished. Yours for shipping cost only if you'd like it. It's offset/offset about 16" long case.

Thank's for the offer on the muffler, I just what something that's straight threw no baffles, i need two of them.

Don't have a 3" but I like my dual 2.5" Dynomax Welded Ultra Flo's. Proven to be one of the best flowing (straight through design) and on my build does not drone, which is important to me. Has a nice mellow rumble at idle and sounds like a buzzsaw at WOT. Lol.

See attached muffler comparison chart. It's for 2.5" mufflers but you might still find it useful in your decision.
6604983-MufflerComparisionChart.jpg

To bad you can't get ATR Pit Bulls anymore .:(

Last edited:
Soooo......the GN1 pitbull mufflers are not close to the ATR pitbull mufflers?

Someone fill me in.

If a muffler is a strait through design, how can one flow better tan another? And even if it's possible, could the difference be significant enough to even matter?

Someone fill me in.

If a muffler is a strait through design, how can one flow better tan another? And even if it's possible, could the difference be significant enough to even matter?

The ones you were talking about KooKs you have a part number on them. or are they just 3" in 3" out.

Someone fill me in.

Some have louvers & some have holes on the inside.