You can type here any text you want

BEST NON BILLET TURBO FOR AN ULTRA STREET BUILD

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sick times! What type of drive train do you run in that car?

The Mustang belongs to a great friend of mine. It's a 352ci A4 Ford block, TFS High port heads, custom turbo kit, 47-80mm turbo from Precision, PTC converter, Powerglide transmission, stock 8.8 rear end with upgraded axles. I should be at this race right now but we bolted on a Large frame 85mm turbo and cracked the A4 block on it's 3rd pass so it's down for a while. The A4 block can't handle the power of the large frame turbo so he's swapping to an R block.

What are the sixty times? Must be high teen to low 20's average with some 16-17's here and there.

I've been 1.23 on the 275/60. Some of the nitrous cars have been 1.18 in this class. I never pushed harder to see hom much faster it could go. I feel I can go 1.20-1.21 but then consistency comes into play. I don't want to push it too hard and chance blowing the tires off. I've never qualified lower than 3rd so I usually just let them come and get it. The class is still progressing though so we will eventually have to take another look at leaving harder. There is a N/A combo tearing the class up in the Cecil County area. I hear he went 5.0's so I expect them to make some changes to reel the N/A guys back in. They put us on the old M/T tire to slow us down but the N/A guys have now leaped ahead. I voted to let us all run the new M/T or Hoosier but with us nearing 140mph they are scared of what we can do if we go 1.16-1.18 to the 60'.

Back