Best performance upgrade you have done?

I have a turbo tweak chip in there it came with the car. It says 19lbs on the paper that came with car I have not had it up there yet.

Alcohol is a great first mod, but I'd give the suspension some attention first if needed, along with body mounts. Nothing beats a nice tight car.

Not a power adder but when I added bilstein shocks and a gnx wheel/tire size setup it greatly improved the way the car rides and handles.

I did all of my fuel system upgrades before I tried to turn up the boost, ran xylene for a few months and then switched to alky = best buick upgrade.

My best upgrade was having DLS build my motor and Cal Hartline tune it. WIN, WIN!! money well spent.

I know it does not make your any car any faster but changing the timing chain set will definitely make you sleep better lol. The stock plastic coated cam gear is notorious for breaking up into tiny pieces, it was the first thing I bought when I got my GN.
image.jpg

The biggest power differential I ever felt was back in 1999. I had a stock long block with stock turbo and intercooler neck on 93/alky and went 11.89/111mph. Within a couple days I did heads, 212 flat cam/springs, pt54 turbo, pt fmic, and retuned. Car trapped 120+ first time out with this combo. 9mph in a few days and the boost pressure was the same. The combo later wound up going 124+ on a 8.8:1 engine with a roller 212. 9mph was a lot back then considering what I was using. I was using a re-stalled d5 converter.

The biggest power differential I ever felt was back in 1999. I had a stock long block with stock turbo and intercooler neck on 93/alky and went 11.89/111mph. Within a couple days I did heads, 212 flat cam/springs, pt54 turbo, pt fmic, and retuned. Car trapped 120+ first time out with this combo. 9mph in a few days and the boost pressure was the same. The combo later wound up going 124+ on a 8.8:1 engine with a roller 212. 9mph was a lot back then considering what I was using. I was using a re-stalled d5 converter.
Locking the converter?

jasjamz said:
Locking the converter?

Trying but i never got a 100% lockup once I added the 150hp and all that rpm differential.

Bison...How much boost and how long did the long block last?

FASTV6HENRY said:
Bison...How much boost and how long did the long block last?

24-30psi. It lasted about a year as a shortlblock. It had a broken #3 main at the end.