Beware of COTTON PERFORMER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like jack is not coming in to clear his name that in term tells me that something may have happen regarding the original post. :( Comon jack where are you?

Seems like jack is not coming in to clear his name that in term tells me that something may have happen regarding the original post. :( Comon jack where are you?

Once again, read post 25...........:rolleyes: I really wish people read the entire thread instead of "bits and pieces":eek:

Jack has taken my car from the high 12s to the low 10s now. He"s the only one that works on my car. He has gone out of his way many times to help me out.( pick up and repaired than delivered car to the track),endless tuning The man is a gentleman and a stright shooter I stand behind him 100%

J He"s the only one that works on my car. He has gone out of his way many times to help me out.( pick up and repaired than delivered car to the track),endless tuning The man is a gentleman and a stright shooter I stand behind him 100%

X2!...Exactly the same for me. Everything Jack has said to me about GN's has always been true. I trust him 100%! But you know, there are some times in which even if you're the best guy in the world, you won't be able to please each and everyone...I guess this what happened today with "joeynj"...:rolleyes:

Claude. :redface:

Since everyone is so concerned about grammer it's not innercooler it's intercooler..... So I guess he's not the only one with grammer problems.:rolleyes:
Innercooler is not a grammar problem, it's a spelling problem.

Wow.... Not sure where to begin. Sorry Joey, like most of the time we dealt with you, communication was difficult, but when it came to who was building your motor... you were given a choice. I told you from the beginning, both you and Lenny, you had a choice of engine builders. RPE was backed up with motors, I could not even give Bobby a motor. RAD, our other engine builder was available, and could look at your new motor that was already blown up and built by someone else. You opted for RAD, I was very clear about the options. You were very clear about who you chose. I'm very sorry if you misunderstood, just don't see how, I never once said RPE was backed up, that's why it took so long. It was more like waiting for you to get a crank and waiting on a few other parts that delayed things. I don't want to say you are lieing here .. but.....

Unfortunately, it looks as though you hurt something recently while racing. To run a car hard for 5 months and then hurt something sucks, but to come here and flat out lie is just plain wrong Joey. If you have a problem with one of our motors, all you have to do is bring it back and I would be more than willing to check it out and do what I can. I have not heard a word from you since you picked it up.
Jack, this is Joey's wife. English is not my husband's first language but shame on you for trying to discredit his knowledge for cars and motors. This happens over a year ago so you may not remember all the details but I shall remind you. Joey came to you to repair the motor but you told him that it would take about 10 months because RPE is very busy. Although the time period is very long but Joey agreed with the time and pay $2500 because RPE is the best. You never gave him the option between RPE or RAD. After about 10 months you, Jack, called my husband in for a test drive and the head gasket blew up while we were driving. Remember Jack? Then you kept our car for another few months to fix that problem. After picking up the car a few months later we took it to the track 1 time and the bottom end broke right then. Later that week we took our car to Otto's because it was closer to our home. Otto called Bobby at RPE explaining what happened. Bobby told us to bring it in and if it was RPE's work then he'll fix it without charge. Bobby called us personally saying it was not their work. We decided not to bring our car back to you because we no longer trust you. How could we trust or speak to you when you lied that RPE would install the motor and then over charged us? Otto has nothing to do with this post. He is now our mechanic and he only reported to us of what he discovered. As for the rest that insulted my husbands let me ask you a question. How would you feel if it was YOU that spent $2500 for a ****ty job? You may be happy with Cotton's services but we are not. We are unhappy customers and we have the right to voiced our experience.

It is amazing to me how when someone complains about a vendor or mechanic on here they automatically get attacked and insulted before anything has been confirmed or dismissed. How professional!

When I first read the original post I realized there was a language barrier and knew who he was talking about.

As for JCotton and Otto J, they were quite professional in their responses and manners and I can respect that. That is something this board seems to lack quite often. I hope this all works out for everyone.

D

never said i was, re-read my post.. DIAZ!!:rolleyes: i'm just an okie redneck, but if your gonna slander one of the backbone niche contributors to the turbo buick community on your first post i think you should lay it out lawyer style.. not the way this clown has but that's just my opinion.. sorry guys just venting.. i'm off here now before i go to far on my high horse, i'll knock myself off of it in a few!!

"... but if your gonna slander..." and you made fun of my husband about his English? I think you meant to say, "... but if you are going to..."

This site is full of stupid know it all bastards. You stupid mfer's posting your ignorant know it all BS. You truly have no clue. Dumb mother fvckers. 99.9% of which have no fvcking clue about an engine or what it takes to machine/build one. You stupid bastards are ruining it for those who can benefit. This thread is between the OP and Jack. No nut swingers here please. You are not going to be able to help anything. I know the truth about what this engine was when it came out of joeyny's car. I dont have a clue as to where it was before that. With that said it is no good becuase of a mechanical issue associated with the line bore for starters. The cylinders bores have another major issue. Whether or not anyone else knew of these things at the time of installation can never be proven nor does it matter at this point. But i highly doubt anyone here truly knew. Think what you want nut swingers. Otto didnt have any part of of the OP's reasons for starting this thread. He would have advised against it for sure if he knew he was ever going to mention him in it. So go fvck yourselves know it all smart guys. You have absolutely no fvcking clue.

WTF does ur front mount have to do with anything? :confused:

The guy obviously does not speak or write English very well but his money is still green just like everyone elses and he paid a chit load of money to have his car worked on and apparently was not happy so he complained about the service he got (wrong forum maybe but so what) and Jack responded back with an explanation as to his side of the story. So what? Big fuken deal. That's what people do on car forums. It happens every day on hundreds of different car forums around the world.

If someone brings their car to a vendor for service and is not happy he has the right to voice his complaints just like hundreds of others have done here in the past and hundreds if not thousands will do in the future.

Since everyone is so concerned about grammer it's not innercooler it's intercooler..... So I guess he's not the only one with grammer problems.:rolleyes:

Very well said!

Jack, this is Joey's wife. English is not my husband's first language but shame on you for trying to discredit his knowledge for cars and motors. This happens over a year ago so you may not remember all the details but I shall remind you. Joey came to you to repair the motor but you told him that it would take about 10 months because RPE is very busy. Although the time period is very long but Joey agreed with the time and pay $2500 because RPE is the best. You never gave him the option between RPE or RAD. After about 10 months you, Jack, called my husband in for a test drive and the head gasket blew up while we were driving. Remember Jack? Then you kept our car for another few months to fix that problem. After picking up the car a few months later we took it to the track 1 time and the bottom end broke right then. Later that week we took our car to Otto's because it was closer to our home. Otto called Bobby at RPE explaining what happened. Bobby told us to bring it in and if it was RPE's work then he'll fix it without charge. Bobby called us personally saying it was not their work. We decided not to bring our car back to you because we no longer trust you. How could we trust or speak to you when you lied that RPE would install the motor and then over charged us? Otto has nothing to do with this post. He is now our mechanic and he only reported to us of what he discovered. As for the rest that insulted my husbands let me ask you a question. How would you feel if it was YOU that spent $2500 for a ****ty job? You may be happy with Cotton's services but we are not. We are unhappy customers and we have the right to voiced our experience.

I am sorry this happened, but all will be well now that Otto has it.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding, but you are absolutely wrong. We discussed RPE, I told Joey Bobby would not even take a motor from us, he was backed up. RPE already had several motors from us inline waiting to build. I then told him of our other engine builder who was available and he could look at his blown up motor right away. I thought I was very clear, again, if you didn't understand that,I'm sorry. As for the actual time table... we needed a crankshaft, that backed us way up and Joey also knew that. During the build it was changed several times, after we paid to have his stock heads rebuilt and set up for a roller cam, he decided to go with Champion heads, had to order them in. There was a good chunk of money that went to the heads being freshened that was part of the 2500. I'm not 100 % sure but we also waited for several other parts from Champion that delayed us, all of which Joey was told of. We also were unable to use Joeys original pistons and had to special order in the 40 over pistons. Never once did I say anything about RPE taking 10 months to build the motor other than when we spoke with Joey from the beginning and it was decided to use RAD. Now to go there and say the "line bore" was bad is just wrong at this point. I have spoken with Bob at RPE several times about Joeys motor, he could not tell me what happened to the bottom end. I asked him point blank. I have a difficult time blaming the line bore when a car is driven for 5-6 months with the kind of HP it was making. There was nothing inferior about the machine work, they have built many motors for us the last couple of years with ZERO failures. I also believe you have left out a few key details, one is that the transmission was bad from the beginning, not good with a HP motor and combo. I understand while racing 3rd gear was being blown thru, not good. There were other "problems" that arose with completing the project, we had major overheating problems out of the box, it took us several weeks, on and off and calls to joey trying to figure out what was going on with the car prior to him bringing it in. He had an aluminum radiator he said was new, it didn't look new, but our testing pointed to a bad radiator and he insisted it couldn't be bad. In the end we pulled it out, replaced it and all was well. Turns out the radiator imploded and could not cool the coolant with no air passing through the tubes.

You left out other details about where your husband was the last 2 months before he picked it up, I told him we were almost done, he said he was leaving the country for at least a month and would pick the car up when he returned. We were ready but he kept laughing at me and telling me "I pay with cash" when he came back and "you be very happy".. Then when he came back, he refused to pay the whole bill because he "pay with cash" we haggled back and forth he loaded up his used parts he could take, a few of which he wasn't supposed to and he left. That's the last time I saw Joey, or heard from him. You also left out other details, but that's about all I can say. I don't want to get into a tug or war here. I did nothing to wrong, I absolutely am clear where the motor went to be built and that the choice was given to Joey about the time table and he made the choice to go to RAD. If there was a problem with the motor, all he had to do was call me and bring it in.

After picking up the car a few months later we took it to the track 1 time and the bottom end broke right then. Later that week we took our car to Otto's because it was closer to our home. Otto called Bobby at RPE explaining what happened. Bobby told us to bring it in and if it was RPE's work then he'll fix it without charge. Bobby called us personally saying it was not their work. We decided not to bring our car back to you because we no longer trust you. How could we trust or speak to you when you lied that RPE would install the motor and then over charged us? Otto has nothing to do with this post.

I just want to address this part directly... first off, I have no problem with Otto or his work, but it seems we are missing something here in this section. Did the car not go to Otto for dyno tuning prior to the track visit 5 months after you picked up the car? Also, what exactly happened at the track, seems kind of vaque there as well. Didn't the car go back to Otto for a transmission when the problem with the bottom end began? So to say you don't trust me is why the car didn't go back to me is not quite acurate. When your husband picked up his car from me, he really broke my chops paying the bill, so I would say our relationship was strained from there. I know it was from my perspective. It just seems to me, you are conveniently changing parts of this story to fit your agenda. I'm sorry you hurt the bottom end. I did not over charge you, the head work was included in the machine shop charge, not just the lower end. By the way how was the motor before hurting it, how was the oil pressure for 5 months, how did it run? I didn't hear of any problems after your car was worked on by others, until it was hurt..

As for engine builders, RPE is and always has been our engine builder of choice, over the years Bobby's services have been used by many Buick owners through out the country, his timetable for delivering motors has risen and not all of our customers want to wait. We have given the choice to our customers as to who builds their motors, I would never sell an RPE motor and use someone else's work in place of it. NEVER, that would be suicide...

IF EVERYONE but the OP and Jack, or someone directly related to this, posts I WILL CLOSE IT...

There are always at least 2 sides to a story...

Being in Jacks shoes, as a shop owner, I know people will blame things on you that are not true and hear what they want to hear... Not saying this is the case here... If you read what Jack has posted some bells should go off IMO...

I can also say I am sure Otto had nothing to do with this being posted...

Hello people; First off I can't spell or read very well in some people's eyes but who gives a _uck. You comunicate the best you can and people deal with it. Joey do you know Cotton has a web site and in it you can talk to him. I'am no business man but it must suck sometimes and dealing with people must suck even more.
I hope you get thinks fixed and your happy.
Hello Jack I'll be talking to you soon. How's the truck? Sorry again.
IBBY

Status
Not open for further replies.