Beyond 547

I wonder if Colvin kept the car and gave it to his kid. And if so, I wonder if the kid kept the car. That boy would not be in his mid 20's with a sweet GN.

A couple of years ago I did a search on Colvin's dealership and could not locate it. Maybe it's under a different name or new ownership. It would be interesting to find out where the car is.

The last time I saw that last GN was at the Buick 100th anniversary in Flint. I think I have some pictures of it. If I remember correctly, they had the "The End" sign on the back window and that video playing.

If I ever manage to get out of work this week I'll try and dig up some pics of it at the event.

Yup, as I recall they show that, "THE END" on tape as the car is leaving the line. Hope you can find the photos.

Read and then read again

People in the Buick community sometimes expand on the little things and when money is going to exchange hands well then the details change...

One of only 2000 or 1-547 or 1 of 5....

Buick just didn't care to keep track of the small things.... so details of exactly what is real and isn't real can only be justified by seeing it in person...

THEN you must know your information and if it is reliable!!!

If you look at most of the Buick web sites - They are FREE!!!

OK - the last Buick is not the last buick... do you want to know what is the last VIN GN Built.... yes that is the question and the answer is not Bob Colvins car... the last GN VIN BUILT went to a GM employee through a raffle, the 2nd last GN VIN built was held back for production to be the last one, bcuz of a request and lots of talking to the right people that the 2nd last GN VIN Built to be made available to the Public was Bob's Colvins car (A GN not a GNX) paper articles and GM doc's prove it... and Bob Colvin was/is a car dealer, technically it wasn't even available to the public.... so the last public GN available would be number 3 in the last VIN Built, lol GM skills at work!!!

1986 GNX prototype

The Last GN Built

I have even heard numbers that in 1987 - only 2,000 GNs with t-tops were built... but how can that be proven right or wrong.

Now GNX 010 was the first GNX made available to the public, yet dealers were given preference. so public depends on the eye of the holder of the keys.... I bought my GN new and original and yes I drove it, but not as much as I used to... some years I put on miles other years I did not...

A lot of GNX owners have the highest turnover ratio for owners... why bcuz they buy and sell a lot... People buy a GNX bcuz they can.... or always wanted one... the value of these cars will only go up... so why buy stocks today when you know the value of a GNX will rise...

I own GNXregistry.com and GNregistry.com and gsnationals.com, a website for the Buick Community, TTA, GN GNX GN, TT, etc 3.8 liter turbo

It is all free to members, why bcuz I can and do... sometimes it is hard to stick money into a web site when I could put it into my GN... which is original... and even that is hard to do after 18 years... replacement parts are hard to come by and leaving a car sits well that isn't any good either, bcuz how many people do you know will buy a low mileage GN or GNX and then drive it like it was meant to be driven... It is better to buy and then leave it sit and appreciate!!!! Its a fact!!

Good Luck people... and see you at the GS Nationals, something like Buick heaven for me.... hooked on a buick!!

Tonyz said:
A couple of years ago I did a search on Colvin's dealership and could not locate it. Maybe it's under a different name or new ownership. It would be interesting to find out where the car is.
Here's two references:

(From Springhill C of C)
Springhill Motor Co.

1010 S. Arkansas Street

Springhill , LA 71075

318-539-3575 fax; 539-3574

contact; Bob Colvin

(From Louisiana Buick Dealers list)
Springhill Motor Company
1010 S Arkansas St
Springhill, LA, 71075
PH: (318) 539-3575
FX: (318) 539-3575

HTH

Thanks for the info. Some time ago I went to GM buy power and found the dealers in the area. Colvin must have changed the name some where along the line, it use to sport his name.

my85grandnation said:
There is a company that makes exact replica GNX dash badging so if you have a clone you can even have a number that looks real. They make any# you want and I have seen pics of clones that had the# 548 in it.

No theres not,or at least not anymore.The #'s are pretty rare as you see about 3-4 of em pop up in a year.Not impossible to find but you have to be patient.

All the "aftermarket" #'s popping up are the same(not sure of the # but I think in the 400's)

Im in the market for one or two anyone knows where theyre at :cool:

Back in the summer of 1999, I lived within 100 miles of Springhill, Louisiana and called and spoke with Bob Colvin. Very nice guy who invited me over to take a look at his "last" GN. I drove over to his dealership and he met with me and took me to their waiting area and showed me the video he shot of his GN being built. Afterwards, he took me to his house to show me the GN. He has a heated and air conditioned room built onto the back of his house where the car is stored. He let me look at it for about 30 minutes and I took pictures and studied it. It has all the plastic on the seats and steering wheel. There is a Grand National emblem like the one they put on the left side of the trunk lid planted right on the passenger side header panel. The turbo shield is signed by a lot of the GM employees as well as the firewall and inner fenders. He says he drives it only in parades. I forget how many miles were on it but it was less than 150. This guy has a GM memorabila room like you wouldn't believe. Was a really interesting day.

I thought I had more pictures of the "last" GN than this...but I guess two is it. I was pretty sure that they had a GNX in this display too, but apparently I didn't get any shots of it either. This might have been about the time it started pouring rain.....

Anyways, here are the two shots.

Attachments

• lastgn1.jpg
    lastgn1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 330
  • lastgn2.jpg
    lastgn2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 327