You can type here any text you want

Big Daddy goes 7.17 at 215mph in Testing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
There is some question to the accuracy of the trap speed due to the MPH lights being finicky from what I have read. Apparently he picked up something like 56mph in the back half according to the timeslip which is unheard of...unless you're driving a Top Fuel dragster.:D

I just noticed that. LOL:biggrin:

Just merged both of them. There's no doubt he is making some serious power with the SBF but I definitely gotta wonder how accurate that MPH is cause 56mph on the back end is insane!!!:eek:

Yeah, definately soemthing funny about the trap speed. Several other drivers mentioned their MPH being off. One car had a mid 7 second timeslip with a 44mph trap speed. Big Daddy was the very next car down after that.

EDIE: ALso, if you notice in the video interview he mentioned how fast he thought the car would go and when the interviewer said "you went 215", BD sort of side stepped it.

One thing is for sure, though, BD is back!

Not sure about the MPH but I think the ET is on.
I bet he will not come back out until he thinks he can legitimately run
close to that mph...

Not sure about the MPH but I think the ET is on.
I bet he will not come back out until he thinks he can legitimately run
close to that mph...

I think you're right John, BD is a cool cat but he has a BIG Texas size Ego so until he can back it up I'd expect him to stay home. One things for sure the first 6 second pass on Radials is right around the corner and to be honest I think there are a good amount of contenders that have proven they have the power it will just be a matter of who finds the right track conditions to git-r-done.

Wolfe has been awful quiet lately, I would not be surprised to see him come back out and lay down the number!:eek:

Getting that 6 second time slip is going to be all about a solid front half performance. Apply the power as quickly as possible without blowing the tires off. All of these cars run plenty strong out the back half.

Getting that 6 second time slip is going to be all about a solid front half performance. Apply the power as quickly as possible without blowing the tires off. All of these cars run plenty strong out the back half.

There are a few blower/turbo cars that have been 4.60's @160+ MPH in the 1/8 mile but unfortunately because they were running at 1/8 mile events didn't run it out the back door. It's only a matter of time before someone puts it together. As I said, there are a good number of guys that are capable and I believe Dave Hance, Dan Neumann, and a few other guys have put some money up as a bounty to see who will get that first 6 sec pass on Radials.

dang

Looks like I got you on the tree!:biggrin:

A few months back you got me on the tree as well. :biggrin:

I refreshed the page and was like :eek: he just posted the same thing about 48 seconds before me :wink:

On the thread at hand. Holy crap that is bad a$$. Was it a v6? :p :rolleyes:

He's on 315/60 M/T's.

I think Hance would have gone 6's already but he doesn't run the 330 quick enough. Looking at Kevin Fiscus pass with a 4.68 and a 7.06 at 202 or so. If you get someone who can run 210+ out the back and run to the 330 as quick as Kevin we'll see a 6 second pass. Lots of guys are trying but that tenth is hard to find because it's gotta come from the starting line to the 330 marker. Plenty can run it out the back.

Best part is he was a nice man... Awesome run regaurdless of the MPH!!! That is one sick ride:cool:

Here I was thinking I was "big daddy":biggrin: ;)

A few months back you got me on the tree as well. :biggrin:

I refreshed the page and was like :eek: he just posted the same thing about 48 seconds before me :wink:

On the thread at hand. Holy crap that is bad a$$. Was it a v6? :p :rolleyes:

Guess I should lay claim to being Big Daddy in the Multimedia section LOL:D ;)

Back