You can type here any text you want

Big stroker V6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

I just placed my order for an aluminum TA block, which supports a stock or 3.625 stroke. Has anyone here put a larger stroke in this block? I'd love to have a 3.75 or 3.800 crank stuffed in there. Anyone done this? With a 4 inch bore, the displacement would be amazing.

Without relocating the cam higher in the block, a longer stroke than 3.625" will be very difficult and expensive.

You can get much more HP than you can use with the 270 cu. in. stroker as Kenny D. has developed 1385 HP with only 210 cu. in. and almost 2000 HP with an all-out TA alum build! :)

Wasn't sure if a small base-circle cam would allow for clearance. It'd be so nice if someone made a billet raised-cam block for us with 4.125 bores. It'd be a monster!

The material between the crank throws as the stroke increases gets to be very small. The cams are already at a very small base circles and really as small as you want to get with a .900 base circle. Proper cam lobe selection with these base circles can be a little challenge.
AG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't sure if a small base-circle cam would allow for clearance. It'd be so nice if someone made a billet raised-cam block for us with 4.125 bores. It'd be a monster!
Plenty of aftermarket cast v8 blocks will do that and much more. Finding a chassis that can handle the potential of it is more of a chore. Billet blocks are $$$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Billet blocks are $$$$$$
Time for a group-buy! lol. Everybody is going LS these days but I want to stay Buick V6. Not sure what my goals are yet with this next build, but putting the smack down on the newest Z06 vette and Viper is on the list.

Time for a group-buy! lol. Everybody is going LS these days but I want to stay Buick V6. Not sure what my goals are yet with this next build, but putting the smack down on the newest Z06 vette and Viper is on the list.
Billet block $100+k

The vipers have all forged internals, too many cylinders, the largest rear tire patch of any production car, and they rev a lot higher now. If someone like Hennessy makes a turbo kit for those, it'll be a game changer in the super car world.
But I prefer the little V6's that could!

The vipers have all forged internals...
I've owned a 2006 and a 2008 and I believe they used powdered-metal connecting rods, at least for a number of years. Maybe the newest model is all forged... I hope so because they couldn't be pushed much past 800HP or else they'd go BOOM.

Yes, I was speaking of the new ones. And I must admit I am jealous. The Viper, and the GN are my most two favorite cars in that order

Your bringing a knife to a gun fight ... the LSX motors can make power in spades with very mild boost .. save your self the headache of torturing the V6 and just go with the flow and turbo the LSX and be done

The only way to build a Buick V6 with a srtoke length longer than 3.625" would be to run an Oddfire crank. If you did that and went with a 2.0" journal diameter you should be able to run a 3.850" stroke. The problem is that you'd have to custom order a billet crank and I'd suspect it would be in the neighborhood of $2800-3k.

Neal

The only way to build a Buick V6 with a srtoke length longer than 3.625" would be to run an Oddfire crank. If you did that and went with a 2.0" journal diameter you should be able to run a 3.850" stroke. The problem is that you'd have to custom order a billet crank and I'd suspect it would be in the neighborhood of $2800-3k.

Neal
Considering I paid about $2700 for my even fire your probably right on.
AG

I know a guy who has a ford svo v6 stroked to 302 ci and naturally aspirated it made 670hp. I've seen pics of the buick aluminum block and that motor is ridiculous on how strong and beefy it looks. I'd swap one in my ford in a heart beat but for the 20k price tag to do one right it is hard not to consider a lq4.

I know a guy who has a ford svo v6 stroked to 302 ci and naturally aspirated it made 670hp. I've seen pics of the buick aluminum block and that motor is ridiculous on how strong and beefy it looks. I'd swap one in my ford in a heart beat but for the 20k price tag to do one right it is hard not to consider a lq4.

WHY ... put a Dart SBF in your rig and make 1500 without breathing hard ... you can make a 360 Cid motor with a stock 8.200 deck ... and parts are DIRT !!!

TooMany, If you don't mind can I ask why the T/A block??? I have seen pictures of the weber motor and it looked pretty sweet.... We have close to the same build and I knew you were working on some of the same rpm problems... AL That T/A block is awesome

TooMany, If you don't mind can I ask why the T/A block??? I have seen pictures of the weber motor and it looked pretty sweet.... We have close to the same build and I knew you were working on some of the same rpm problems... AL That T/A block is awesome
The 4 inch bore and the weight savings. Plus the 14 bolt cylinder head pattern is nice too. My neighbor has a GT500 and runs 10.70's at 132mph on straight 93, still using the factory supercharger. I'd at least like to be able to beat that. My current combo only has managed 125 trap and 132 ain't gonna happen unless I run alky or race and 28 psi. I tried running race last year but didn't have any luck with it. The engine hated it and wouldn't run smoothly. After 4900 rpm it would start breaking up. I'm gonna have Don Cruz build my next short block. I will go with his cam recommendations. It could be a solid roller deal, but i'll let him decide. I'd like to see 9's on pump gas.

Mine was breaking up right there also... But I had a bad converter, which did some tranny damage and my O2 sensor was failing... I put a PTC 9.5, Husek full tranny, and new O2 sensor... I will say the car easily shifts 5800-6000 rpms at 25-27 psi.... Much more fun now... You should have a monster with that TA motor, Good Luck

Back