You can type here any text you want

Bigger Brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
is there a post with pics on the 1LE and PBR brake upgrade. I would love to do this upgrade. and add tubluar upper control arms and shorter coil springs.

One advantage of the B-car spindle is that it spaces the wheel outboard slightly so that you can run the Rear GTA wheel on the front. IF you want GTA wheels, you can use a set of them (GTA fronts on rear of GN, GTA rears on front of GN). Just an added bonus and you get a better camber curve in the process.
Conrad C.

ps...I do like your idea on the better calipers with stock spindle...could you research the bearing numbers and post them? That indo needs to be in a sticky in the Wheel/Tire/Brake section
just for fun, i did some looking at Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto and figured out a bearing combo to put a brake rotor from a mid 80's chev 1/2 ton 2wd pickup with HD brakes - 12"X 1.25", but with the bigger 5X5 bolt parttern- on both my 84 Regal and 74 Monte Carlo. there are actually only a few wheel bearings that fit every American car and 2wd light truck from the mid 60's to the early 90's, so it's just matter or looking at the i.d and o.d. measurements of the bearings and cones and finding a rotor that has the proper height and wheel bolt pattern. hell, if you wanted, you could put later Fox body 5.0 Mustang rotors on your car and run 4 lug front wheels using bearings from your local NAPA...

You guys are a little behind the times. If you want a real light set up you can use the pinto front spindles on a G body and there are rotors adapted from places like the dirt track shop so you can run a 12" rotor and 2 or 4 piston calipers. If you have some one you know that's into dirt you should ask them or hang around some of the tracks to fond out. G bodies are the ones most of these guys run now and they know how to make them work.

A Pinto (Ford) part on a TR? Never!:)
Conrad C.

I have been trying to locate a bracket to hang a larger caliper and rotor on a g body spindle or the newer s-10 blazer spindle, I do have a set of those as well, I considered doing something like a 99ish camaro brake on the blazer spindle but was unable to find ant brackets and have not had time to sit and fabricate any....all I found was these....

eBay Motors: GM G-Body/B-Body to Corvette C5 Caliper BRACKETS (item 180257348109 end time Jun-30-08 10:54:26 PDT)
hmmm.. i should order a set of those brackets and take one to work and make a CNC program to cut as many of them as i wanted out on the flat laser i operate...

I have been trying to locate a bracket to hang a larger caliper and rotor on a g body spindle or the newer s-10 blazer spindle, I do have a set of those as well, I considered doing something like a 99ish camaro brake on the blazer spindle but was unable to find ant brackets and have not had time to sit and fabricate any....all I found was these....

eBay Motors: GM G-Body/B-Body to Corvette C5 Caliper BRACKETS (item 180257348109 end time Jun-30-08 10:54:26 PDT)

Is the C5 swap where you have the friction surface milled off of the stock hub to let the 2 piece disc hat fit and add a bracket so you use stock GM/Vette calipers? The PBR calipers everyone is referring to are aftermarket right? The 1-LE rotors are 1 piece right? If they will fit with just a bearing swap then has anybody made a bracket to use stock GM calipers with this swap? Also, any links to the Pinto swap? If it holds up to dirt track it should hold up on a street car.

The 1LE rotor is a one-piece unit. The PBR calipers are avaialble from GM and others.
Conrad C.

Back