You can type here any text you want

Bigger Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Considering how many carb'ed turbo cars were built, it's crazy that they've been ignored for so long. If I could have found bolt-on's for my '83 T-Type, I might still have it. She was a looker! ;)

Considering how many carb'ed turbo cars were built, it's crazy that they've been ignored for so long. If I could have found bolt-on's for my '83 T-Type, I might still have it. She was a looker! ;)

The catch here is that the original design was an ecconomy move so the driver would have the power of a V8 and the gas savings of the V6. It was never really intended to be a performance option. When SFI came out that's when the performancce came in.:biggrin:

That's true. I remember reading in an old school turbo book that draw thru setups are built for just that-economy. Also read that they aren't any good for trying to go faster than 12s:rolleyes:

Cool, here a couple of things to know that might help. The HA headers are the same as the 1983 headers. So they fit all 1979-1983 carb/turbo (as a three peice set). This might help: BEFORE BLACK - Turbo V6 Exhaust Manifolds

And the HA downpipe is very similar to the carb/turbo downpipe:
THE downpipe thread - TurboBuicks.com

Rich that brings back some memories. I can't remember if we ended up shipping Jim out a down pipe.
We are back to working on headers again today. The sad part is I do not even have a carbed turbo car in my stables anymore. I haven't owned a running 83 T for about 4-5 years.
If you would be interested in working with me on the down pipe I can see what we can do.

Back