You can type here any text you want

block casting 25524140 specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Does anyone know the specs on a block casting 25524140? Looking for crank, rod, and piston information. I do think the beck height is different than a 109 block. Thanks for any information.

The only thing different is the deck height. The pistons in the turbo applications were slightly heavier. All other dimensions are the same. They used a .017 compressed steel shim head gasket on the taller deck blocks.

This engine came out of a NA Regal. Bison is it safe to assume that there is no turbo crank inside? Also whats the best approach to change over to a turbo application? I have had no experience with different deck heights or non 109 blocks. This is this winters budget build!:biggrin:

This engine came out of a NA Regal. Bison is it safe to assume that there is no turbo crank inside? Also whats the best approach to change over to a turbo application? I have had no experience with different deck heights or non 109 blocks. This is this winters budget build!:biggrin:

It will have an NA crank. I'd run it if I was only looking for high ten sec power. The pistons will need replacing and the assembly will need balancing. Mill out the first 3 threads in the deck on each hole and be sure to use the correct length fasteners. It may use a different cam bearing dimension but I can't remember for sure

I just had this block rebuilt with a turbo crank and pistons. If you want a copy of the machinest build sheet let me know. Brad

Brad I would really like those specs. Thanks guys. The knowledge here is priceless!

Bison does milling the deck make it possible to use the 2 dot stock rods from a 109? I'm thinking about using the the NA crank and a set of 2 dot rods I have. Will that give me the right piston height in the bore? I'm mostly lost in this procedure. I have 3 109 blocks but want to use the block that came with the car.

I just had this block rebuilt with a turbo crank and pistons. If you want a copy of the machinest build sheet let me know. Brad

If it's not too much to ask, I would also be interested in a copy of the machinest's build sheet. I am currently working on rebuilding my 140 block.

I am still using the 2 dot rods that came in my 4140 block, so yes they can be used. It has TRW forged pistons, I will see if I have pics of the part # to see if they were anything special or just your typical turbo buick pistons...

Bison does milling the deck make it possible to use the 2 dot stock rods from a 109? I'm thinking about using the the NA crank and a set of 2 dot rods I have. Will that give me the right piston height in the bore? I'm mostly lost in this procedure. I have 3 109 blocks but want to use the block that came with the car.

The rods are all the same. To get the piston up I'd run a set of pistons with a .927 pin and full float them. I'd offset bore the bushing lengthening the center to center. I would not mill the deck more than it needs to clean it up.

it will have an na crank. I'd run it if i was only looking for high ten sec power. The pistons will need replacing and the assembly will need balancing. Mill out the first 3 threads in the deck on each hole and be sure to use the correct length fasteners. It may use a different cam bearing dimension but i can't remember for sure

i think you mean counter bore

op seamed confused to what you meant (SEE POST #8)

also i thought all 4.1 's had the turbo cranks? Rolled fillets on mains and rods?

i think you mean counter bore

op seamed confused to what you meant (SEE POST #8)

also i thought all 4.1 's had the turbo cranks? Rolled fillets on mains and rods?
What I posted is exactly what I meant. Full float and start with a smaller id bushing and increase the center to center length to get the piston near the top of the bore. The discussion was about a 3.8 bore NA engine. Nothing about a 4.1. When I got a lot of the 4.1's in the mid to late 90's about 10% had been remanufactured and had 3.8 NA cranks in them.

Back