Blowing oil out of breathers!! Compression test results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you did a leakdown on just 1 cylinder. What if all are at 20 or 1 is at 70.. you need to do them all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There are three ways for the air to escape, the valves, the rings or the head gasket. Listen at the intake ports and exhaust ports/header for leaks from the valves. Listen to the oil filler neck for leaks past the rings and there is not really a good place to listen for head gasket problems, but air might show up in the cooling system if you have a bad head gasket. i'm sure it's probably been done, but you can also look at your oil for signs of water in the oil also for bad head gaskets.

or pcv and check valve

Not trying to be sarcastic, at all. However, I’m pretty sure the RJC PCV is a check valve in and of itself. Now, I have never run the RJC unit, however, is it possible that you put it in backwards? In that, knowing it’s a check valve, then if it’s somehow installed backwards? Well, then I can I see how it would create issues for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seedling get off the chat. stop hiding behind the keyboard and reveal your name. be a man
the name is dalton LOL no need to bash these guys everyone is really trying to help I wish I could get this kind of help great info guys thx

So you did a leakdown on just 1 cylinder. What if all are at 20 or 1 is at 70.. you need to do them all

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

An engine between 10 and 20 percent can still run OK, but it’ll be time to keep an eye (or ear) on things. Above 20 percent loss and it may be time for a teardown and rebuild. Thirty percent? Major problems. The percent of leakage should also be consistent across the cylinders. Any great differences indicate a problem in that cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.