Bob Bailey ignition module

I have to know are the plug wires going to be in order with the cyliders in the car? I always hate how the stock wires cross over one another but then again Im just crazy when it comes to how things look on my car.

Not totally off the topic but I recently heard from Bob and he is confirmed a coming to the Turbobuick.com Nats in May at Richards and the track.

I am sure he will be able to answer any questions concerning his latest projects.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Very slick, it's so compact it appears like Buick designed it like that. Built in 2 Step and Rev Limiter = :cool:

Best way to sell these is to have Otto put it on a 500+whp at 28-30psi and hopefully it gains 20+whp. That data will finance your Summer vacation. :wink:

am i right in assuming that this will also fit all those fwd cars out there with the 3 separate coil packs?
i so, i bet the Supercharged 3800 guys would love to get their hands on this, too..

Droooool... I noticed a difference when I hot wired my coil pack this year, I can't even begin to imagine the difference this sucker would make.

Put me in line!

Can the coil packs be mounted on the valve covers instead of the top of the ignition module?

Those of us with hybrids, that have firewall clearance issues, would see that capability as a value add.

am i right in assuming that this will also fit all those fwd cars out there with the 3 separate coil packs?
i so, i bet the Supercharged 3800 guys would love to get their hands on this, too..

There are some wiring and sensor differences in the later 3800, but it should work.

Bob

Can the coil packs be mounted on the valve covers instead of the top of the ignition module?

Those of us with hybrids, that have firewall clearance issues, would see that capability as a value add.

yes, for sure. That is one of the planned options.

Bob

There was also another verison of this that Bob had at the meet with other GM coil packs. Forgot what car it was off of? But, looked less bulky.

Thanks for the quick response Mr. Salad. :cool:

The connector on the end looks familiar, but, . . .

What is that bulkhead connector on the side for?

I'm guessing of course, but...
Maybe for all those cool features Richard told us about this last weekend. ;) ;)

2 step
rev limiter
fast start

etc.
etc.

Tater know his stuff!! :biggrin:

for the harness that leads to the coils.

There are extra pins/wires in the harness for the additional features.

Bob

Bob will this unit allow better control of the timing events going on?
I am sure there is something to be had with a far better coil set up. And I am by no means knocking this new product. It does sound really good.

And can you tell me what faststart is?

Thanks

Bob will this unit allow better control of the timing events going on?
I am sure there is something to be had with a far better coil set up. And I am by no means knocking this new product. It does sound really good.

And can you tell me what faststart is?

Thanks

The timing events will be controlled by whatever ECM you are running. There has been a little discussion about timing accuracy relative to crank trigger style among the aftermarket efi guys. In my opinion, this is only a factor when the RPM's rise quickly which does not happen on these cars. So I don't think there is a timing accuracy issue.

Fast start is a retrofit of a later model crank sensor to allow the coil module to sync faster when starting the engine. A few guys on here have implemented it.

The system is technically capable of interfacing with the fast-start hardware, and we may add this feature in the future.

Bob