Bob Bailey ignition module

Well, since he didn't want too say it out loud, he had whisper it to us in his inner voice to the sum of $400.00 range or so.:biggrin::biggrin:

Well, since he didn't want too say it out loud, he had whisper it to us in his inner voice to the sum of $400.00 range or so.:biggrin::biggrin:

wow very interesting... i assuming that was just the module and you have to source the coils???? :confused:

will this eliminate the dreaded energy robbing wasted spark issue

yes,

but,

I remain unconvinced that there is any power penalty with a properly functioning, sufficiently powerful wastespark system.

This system will let us test the theory...

Bob

I think what I said was 400 - 500 'ish', plus coils and plug wires.

Preliminary pricing info.

Bob

I think I also said that it was 'just between us'

:)

Bob

will this eliminate the dreaded energy robbing wasted spark issue

From what I heard, from a VERY reliable source, its basically Coil-on-Plug and I think its going to retard timing to a individual cylinder. So yeah its no where near wastespark.

Great, fully plug and play and sounds like no chip update needed.

So $400 to $500 for the module and $650 for the 8 new MSD coil packs = $1050-$1150
MSD Ignition 82458 - MSD Multiple Spark Coils and Coil Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I'd hope this can open the plug gap and make more power on higher HP GN's or you're going to have a hard time selling these. I'd bet though it makes more power than most think. Did RJC say 30whp and his was two stock coilpacks. :eek:

Bob,

Aside from the what's its going to cost question.

Lets hear the all the details on what exactly this is and all the details on the features it will have so there is no confusion.

Built in two step? Does it have all the features of the 2 step your are making now?

Do we need to buy coils etc?

Interested for sure :biggrin:

Just need all the details ;)

Great, fully plug and play and sounds like no chip update needed.

So $400 to $500 for the module and $650 for the 8 new MSD coil packs = $1050-$1150
MSD Ignition 82458 - MSD Multiple Spark Coils and Coil Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I'd hope this can open the plug gap and make more power on higher HP GN's or you're going to have a hard time selling these. I'd bet though it makes more power than most think. Did RJC say 30whp and his was two stock coilpacks. :eek:

1, stay away from the MSD's, the stock GM LS2 coils are more than enough.

2, there have been plenty of tests that show the power/plug gap capability of the coils. No worries there.

3, I don't have the details of RJC's tests.

Bob

Bob,

Aside from the what's its going to cost question.

Lets hear the all the details on what exactly this is and all the details on the features it will have so there is no confusion.

Built in two step? Does it have all the features of the 2 step your are making now?

Do we need to buy coils etc?

Interested for sure :biggrin:

Just need all the details ;)

I don't have all the details..... :)

It will have 2-step functionality similar to the current product. But its more expensive and more involved.

You will need to buy coils, I am working on being able to supply them at a good price, but I don't have the details worked out yet.

When the details are worked out, you guys will be the first to know.

Bob

I don't have all the details..... :)

It will have 2-step functionality similar to the current product. But its more expensive and more involved.

You will need to buy coils, I am working on being able to supply them at a good price, but I don't have the details worked out yet.

When the details are worked out, you guys will be the first to know.

Bob

Bob,If its something you would like to have me play with on the dyno,stock or aftermarket ecu let me know. I have plenty of cars making 500 and up here i can use.

When we get closer to the street date, we will be setting up some testing.

I'll be in touch.. :)

Bob

1, stay away from the MSD's, the stock GM LS2 coils are more than enough.

2, there have been plenty of tests that show the power/plug gap capability of the coils. No worries there.

3, I don't have the details of RJC's tests.

Bob
rjc claims 40 hp gain. to what that entails i dont know. factors like boost, timing and plug gap ect....

Just thought I would add..... to give everyone a teaser to the capabilities of the CNP/COP system on our cars....... the late (and great) Bruce Plecan (sp?) experimented (along with Bob) with a CNP/COP system years ago on our cars.....you will have to search to find it..... and was able to go to like a 0.100" plug gap or something even higher.... and the engine still ran up to the mid 20's on boost w/o blowing the spark out. He even cut the ground strap completely off a plug..... and it would still fire it!

The CNP setup with the LS coils is going to be so much of an improvement it isn't funny.

Now..... if we can have that.... and convert over to the "faststart" system..... it would be like having your cake and eating it too.

Can't wait to try this out. I been waiting for sometime. The stock ignition has many little quirks. Be nice to have an alternative.

I think we will see more improvements with idle, drive-ability and being able to cruise leaner. Least thats what I'm hoping for.:biggrin:

At WOT your either firing or not. To look for a big horsepower gain just by making the switch is expecting allot.

Just my o2