You can type here any text you want

Bowling Green 3" Downpipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeasen

I have purchased a Bowling Green 3" downpipe and elbow from ebay. The guy I bought it from did not have the doughnut gasket. I have tried getting one at the parts store but had no luck. Can anyone give me a part # for the gasket, or know where I can get one.

Any type of leads will help!

Thanks Adam.

Adam

I don't have a P/N for you, but if it comes to it, you may want to check your nearest Midas or Meineke. I remember being in a Meineke once and saw a bunch of "those type" of gaskets hanging on the wall in the shop. Not sure if they have the exact size and style you need, but it may be worth a trip if all else fails.

You could also try calling Southern Kustoms and Racing (the old Bowling Green Customs) and see if they have it. Although they don't have the best reputation anymore for customer service, you may get lucky.

Southern Kustoms and Racing

Good luck
Mike

I have one on my GN and I don't have a gasket in there and it doesn't leak.
Tarey D.

I have the same down pipe and I dont have a part number either but it is a steel or stainless steel all metal donut and looks like it was used for a diesel truck application. I would think you could find one at a NAPA if you had a better description. Thanks Eric Fisher

hey adam-

im pretty sure that a muffler shop will have that donut gasket your lookin for- i saw that same rack at the muffler shop by my house when i was getting the 4 inch exhaust on my dodge pickup-

maybe the guys at napa could help you out ;)

Hey everybody I found the part number!! Try Sterling Truck(old Ford Heavy Duty) part number C3TZ-5C211-A. I checked and there are still plenty available. Retail is under $5.00. Adam, when you posted this my GN was in pieces and I just assumed this was a common item that could easily be found. Well last month when I finally went to get it running I found mine was cracked. I soon found out this part wasn't to be found through the aftermarket. Thanks to Mike's tip I was able to find the application after searching through about 20 exhaust catalogs online. What a hassle but I like the stock/sleeper look of this elbow-DP. In case you're interested the original application was 1975-1978 F800/F900/F950 with the 477 or 534 cid gas V-8.

Eric Fisher

Hey everybody I found the part number!! Try Sterling Truck(old Ford Heavy Duty) part number C3TZ-5C211-A. I checked and there are still plenty available. Retail is under $5.00. Adam, when you posted this my GN was in pieces and I just assumed this was a common item that could easily be found. Well last month when I finally went to get it running I found mine was cracked. I soon found out this part wasn't to be found through the aftermarket. Thanks to Mike's tip I was able to find the application after searching through about 20 exhaust catalogs online. What a hassle but I like the stock/sleeper look of this elbow-DP. In case you're interested the original application was 1975-1978 F800/F900/F950 with the 477 or 534 cid gas V-8.

Eric Fisher

any idea where to get one now? Ford says they are obsolete and none in the united states :(

ahh. that was you bringin back a 4 year old post.. I was reading the responses..and was like WHAT?? 2003??

Has anyone tried this as suggested?

Grab the elbow and hit a muffler shop or AutoZone,NAPA, or a diesel truck parts supply store and match it up with what you need.

I have a BGC 3" DP on my car rn with the donut and I just bought a RJC one.. when I get the chance to swap them over I'll let you know and get it sent over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it. See what kind of shape its in when you get it off.

Back