Brad Brand's TT BBF Mustang

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
This guy went 206MPH on 33X10.5W and at 3100lbs last year.
That was with a single turbo and a SBF.
This year has a BBF and Twin 91MM Turbos.

Attachments

• DSCF1225.JPG
    DSCF1225.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 421
I have heard that motor is as big as 700ci.

Attachments

• DSCF1227.JPG
    DSCF1227.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 355
I might add that brad builds all his cars and motors and does all the clutch adjustments, basically he does everything. That engine is sick, think about how much power he is making! :eek:

That's a monster :eek: What kind of ET does it do? I want one for Christmas :cool:

I would think that 6.8s on a W would be possible with scary MPH! :eek:

He already went 7.01 @ 204 with the old combo, new one should be easy 6.7's at 215 or so, just waiting for the writeup in MM&FF. :)

Guys,

I looked again and the car has the upper strut mount in front.
He cut out almost everything else but with the Mustangs having the Uni Body I think this is Outlaw Legal.

How do you like the twin injectors per hole?
Looks like a 160 and 83....
Duttweiler has also used this set up!

John Wilde said:
Guys,

I looked again and the car has the upper strut mount in front.
He cut out almost everything else but with the Mustangs having the Uni Body I think this is Outlaw Legal.

Here are the rules for Orlando....

"- NO FULL ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
- Struts must be stock type, originally available on the car and
used with the stock front frame rails or a direct bolt in
conversion with stock front frame rails."

Also, would have to weigh 3200lbs to run the class because of the clutch and the twin turbos....

86brick said:
Here are the rules for Orlando....

"- NO FULL ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
- Struts must be stock type, originally available on the car and
used with the stock front frame rails or a direct bolt in
conversion with stock front frame rails."

Also, would have to weigh 3200lbs to run the class because of the clutch and the twin turbos....

The strut on a Fox Bodied Stang Bolts to the Caster Camber Plate in Sheetmetal on the top and to the spindle on the bottom. I think that this car fits the rules.
3200lbs should not be hard with all the extra weight up front. If they let him run in texas he will run in orlando.... Unless it is drag radial where twins were outlawed....! :mad:

John Wilde said:
How do you like the twin injectors per hole?
Looks like a 160 and 83....
Duttweiler has also used this set up!

Yep like the Pro RWD cars running Meth...

John Wilde said:
The strut on a Fox Bodied Stang Bolts to the Caster Camber Plate in Sheetmetal on the top and to the spindle on the bottom. I think that this car fits the rules.
3200lbs should not be hard with all the extra weight up front. If they let him run in texas he will run in orlando.... Unless it is drag radial where twins were outlawed....! :mad:

Yeah that is some serious BS! They should call that the Rick Head outlaw rule :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that Rick was not going to play this year.
It sure did rule out Hartline's Boy though. :mad:

more pics of Brads car from the Clash

Attachments

• 04210030.JPG
    04210030.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 192
  • BradBrand5.jpg
    BradBrand5.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 215
Damn, I don't know.... those sure look bigger than 88's though, although that seems to be the choice of twins lately. Those look so similar to mike morans monte carlo, and he was using twin 98's, so who knows?

John Wilde said:
Funny thing is that Rick was not going to play this year.
It sure did rule out Hartline's Boy though. :mad:

I just can't understand for the life of me why they needed to Outlaw twins especially when you consider the BB&T car ran 7.70 @190mph with a single so where's the BIG advantage of twins??? :confused:

I saw the car this past Saturday at the Clash of the Titans in San Antonio Raceway. It is a monster!! :eek: :eek: He did twist and break the driveshaft into many tiny pieces :eek: