You can type here any text you want

Breather Smoke New Build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I took the car out and blasted out a couple 20# runs. Brought it back and pulled in the garage. Now the breather smoke is coming and going with no real rhyme or reason.
I am starting to question the PCV and or my catch can set up. I may bypass the catch can and see what happens.
Not to impressed with my oil pressure either. Hot in gear maybe 12psi. Hangs around 35psi at 1500rpm under load cruising.
I know the oil pressure is not a problem I am just used to seeing 20 psi hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What's your WOT oil psi? 60-70 psi is good, if not try shimming the spring.

Walter

Went out to check on wide open oil psi and blew off the Intercooler hose. Go figure....

35PSI at 1500 cruise is a little over twice what you need. I don't think I'd lose sleep over that.

How is the catch can/pcv routed?
Stock PCV running to a catch can that is mounted behind the front bumper. The vacuum port was moved from the throttle body to the back of the intake manifold.
I am thinking the catch can and lines has added enough restriction to cause the PCV not to crack on occasion.

Ive got a fresh engine and with multiple street blasts over 20# i get a few oil spits on the psngr side Pita to give er a wipe So i looked in the rag box but found my one sock i lost last year..so i put a sock on it:). If u need a pic ill post it after work

Ive got a fresh engine and with multiple street blasts over 20# i get a few oil spits on the psngr side Pita to give er a wipe So i looked in the rag box but found my one sock i lost last year..so i put a sock on it:). If u need a pic ill post it after work
Sure. I'm interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. I'm interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my drivers breather is at an angle instead of straight up so anyway roll sock condom over the head off breather, tuck the sock and circumcise. Roll the top as reqd...lol.

In addition to your PCV valve installed & working properly, be sure to install a check valve in line, placed between your catch can & your intake manifold . You want this line able to vent in the direction from your catch can > to manifold (or plenum) so not to pressurize your catch can during boost. An inline check valve with low cracking pressure works best. You can get a small 3/8" sized PVDF (thermoplastic) check valve from US Plastics for cheap (this is what a lot of guys are using in this application).

Back