You can type here any text you want

brf vb dilema

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

black owned

black pride
just purchased a brf,vb from a member here.vb showed up with a damged tube, and missing br markings on vb.heres a few pics and hopefully someone can help me determine if this is a genuine brf vb, and is it useable with the bent tube.also aluminum valves read/ f,12,21 Thanks

Attachments

• IMGP2394.jpg
    IMGP2394.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMGP2391.jpg
    IMGP2391.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 325
  • IMGP2390.jpg
    IMGP2390.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMGP2392.jpg
    IMGP2392.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 340
  • IMGP2384.jpg
    IMGP2384.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 333
The tube needs to be replaced.
Is there any Pinkish/Purpleish stain anywhere on the Vbody? Doesn it have 2 Pressure switches, 3rd & 4th gear switches?
Like this, Pic?

Attachments

• BR3 VBody (Small).jpg
    BR3 VBody (Small).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 324
The tube needs to be replaced.
Is there any Pinkish/Purpleish stain anywhere on the Vbody? Doesn it have 2 Pressure switches, 3rd & 4th gear switches?
Like this, Pic?
had two pressure switchs come in a bag,but no paint or any readable br3 or br2 marks,hopefully the saler will confirm it as being a brf,and let me know something about the tube being bent.happy turkey day!

That tube is an oil transfer tube used in manual low gears. It should be replaced. As far as that being a BRF valvebody it's hard to tell from the pics. If there are no identifying markings on the valvebody the only way to tell is to take it apart and measure the valves and springs.

That tube is an oil transfer tube used in manual low gears. It should be replaced. As far as that being a BRF valvebody it's hard to tell from the pics. If there are no identifying markings on the valvebody the only way to tell is to take it apart and measure the valves and springs.
what should the measurments be?should i use calipers?going through all of this shouldnt even be neccesary:mad:your right about no identifiying marks,so im just supposed to beleive its a brf on word of mouth,and that just ain cutting it right now,i paid hard earned money for this...sorry had to vent.hopefully the saler chimes in or pms me to let me know something.happy turkey day.

Measure the 2-3 throttle valve with a set of calipers. There are 4 lands on that shuttle valve. Starting at the big end the dimensions are .400". .367", .295", and .295". If the valvebody you have has this valve in it then it is most likely a BRF.

I have deleted my original post.It is what I said and I will leave it at that .If you dont want it ,return it.If you take out the valves and they arent original BRF post up on the internet how I ruined my reputation for $99.00.HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

I concur......

If you bought it from Chris then be assured it is a BRF :)

Most likely it was in the shipping, I still have parts I ordered from different vendors that need to be thrown out and that was not just usps. fed-x and ups.:eek: Chris is a stand-up guy and a real asset to our community. It may be difficult to get a hold of him at times, because he stays busy. just keep calling back and you'll catch him, btw, if you haven't purchased his 200-4r manual, it is well worth it if you are keeping the 200. I learned a lot thru it, coming from manual trans.':cool:

Chris is a stand up guy, I seriously doubt he would risk damaging his reputation on this forum.

That being said, why do people seem determined to smear CK name on this site? There have been a few occasions over the past several months where people seem to want to discuss problems that should be handle over the phone (instead of airing dirty laundry for all to read). I have dealt with Chris several time (and spoke with Michelle many times!) and have found their knowledge to be very helpful. Yes, he is a busy guy and sometimes hard to get a hold of. The Buick (and 2004R in particular!) community are lucky to have him around.

I agree, Chris isn't gonna steer you wrong.
Ink stamp & Purple stain probably just got removed in the washer/cleaner.
It's impossible to securely pack parts with some shippers, they seem to like to play Kickball with packages. :(

what should the measurments be?should i use calipers?going through all of this shouldnt even be neccesary:mad:your right about no identifiying marks,so im just supposed to beleive its a brf on word of mouth,and that just ain cutting it right now,i paid hard earned money for this...sorry had to vent.hopefully the saler chimes in or pms me to let me know something.happy turkey day.

Here-------knock yourself out.........

Attachments

• VB_Specs.JPG
    VB_Specs.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 205
Back