Broke engine Monte carlo hot air

The engine should be idling around 6 to 800 in gear. Have you still got the CCC carb on it? that may be part of your issues since with no puter it's not metering the fuel properly.

We probably need to figure out if this is a computer controlled car. 1981 Export engines to Canada did not use an ECM. Europe is probably the same. This car likely has a 1980 style motor.

Does a "check engine" light come on and then go off at start up?

that´s right. The car has got a 1980 engine. No ecm on it. The original carb and turbo are on it. But the esc module is gone. The wiring is still in the car.

I have a origninal no turbo distributor with vacuum control. Should I put this in the car and change some wiring ? Is this possible?? How do I´ve to set the timing? Just like haynes sayes. 900 RPM 15 degrees bpd?

that´s right. The car has got a 1980 engine. No ecm on it. The original carb and turbo are on it. But the esc module is gone. The wiring is still in the car.
I've got an 80 turbo control if you're interested.;) If all the wiring is there it should be plug and play for you.

I have a origninal no turbo distributor with vacuum control. Should I put this in the car and change some wiring ? Is this possible?? How do I´ve to set the timing? Just like haynes sayes. 900 RPM 15 degrees bpd?
I would run the non turbo dist. with msd boost timing managemant and an audible after market knock alert , In my opinion the factory knock retard sytem is junk at best almost 40 yearold electronics. Not running it on my new motor.

if possible.... id use both... the stand alone knock controler and the MSD for maximum effect.... particularly if your not passing 5800 RPM

What do I need to do to run with msd boost timing managemant and an audible after market knock alert. Which things do I need to buy and Change?

Does someperson have a pic or diagrahm of the underside of the dashboard of an 87 gn