Buick XFI Sportsman

HighPSI

Staff member
Buick XFI Sportsman

If you've ever wanted an aftermarket ecu but couldn't justify the cost, FAST & Hartline Performance have come up with the answer. We have been working closely with the engineers at FAST on the Buick XFI Sportsman.

This a COMPLETE plug and play ecu with an introductory pricing of $849. That price INCLUDES:

- Special XFI Sportsman ECU with true speed density fuel control and data logging
- Casper's custom adaptor harness
- Wide Band O2 sensor
- Communication cable and software

The Buick XFI Sportsman will come with a Buick program already installed into the ECU. This will be custom program built for your specific combination just like we do on the standard XFI.

To keep costs down, the Buick Sportsman XFI does not have internal boost control (95% of our Buick customers already run an external controller i.e. RJC, Lorenz, Leash, AMS, etc..). It has the ability to run E85 or other alternative fuels, but no provision at this time for a flex fuel sensor input. No Individual cylinder fueling or timing.

The Buick XFI Sportsman is compatible with the popular eDash touchscreen display. The Buick XFI Sportsman is also adaptable to Coil Near Plug operation with the optional EZ-LS Ignition Controller and is compatible with the optional EZ-TCU Transmission Controller. This ECU will fill the needs of 90% of the Buick market at less than half the cost.

Yes. Please call the office at 321- 610- 1500. This will get you on the introductory pricing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Cal
That's a great deal for all those products included with the Sportsman FAST- there is no reason for anyone not to run a FAST on there car now. You are absolutely right about all the options the XFI 2.0 offers- most Buick owners that has a XFI 2.0 don't even use most of the option including myself and why pay for something that you'll never use. I will pass the word to anyone interested in this product.

Haulz A

Im interested in how hard the install, you say its plug and play. Does this meen just replace this with the old one, plug it in and drive away. Is there tuning involved,replacing other parts and so forth. This seems like a great idea to get xfi in my car but a little leary about messing with a perfecly good running car.

Im interested in how hard the install, you say its plug and play. Does this meen just replace this with the old one, plug it in and drive away. Is there tuning involved,replacing other parts and so forth. This seems like a great idea to get xfi in my car but a little leary about messing with a perfecly good running car.
X2

X3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The two most difficult parts of the install are:
1) installing the WBO2 &
2) Moving the air temp sensor

1) Whenever you run a WBO2 on a turbo application you need to install it after the turbo. Otherwise the backpressure will mess up your readings. So, on a turbo Buick we always install the sensor in the downpipe. We always include an O2 bung that you'll need welded on your downpipe. This needs to be done with ANY system that runs a WBO2 sensor.
2) With ANY speed density system, you need to know the temperature of the air entering the engine. This is to accurately calculate the amount of fuel the engine needs. On a turbo Buick we usually drill and tap the plenum or intake and move the sensor out of the air filter.
The wiring is straight forward, with the only variable being getting the MAP signal wire into the ECU. There are several easy ways to do this.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

As for tuning, is even easier. We build a custom tune to your exact specs and install it in the xfi sportsman before you get it. We recommend calling us for the initial fire up, so I can explain the system and give an explanation on how everything works. With the adaptive learning, it essentially tunes itself

Physically what does the unit look like.....size for mounting exc......

About the size of a Garmin

For us ignorant folks, what's a Garmin?
Does this replace the ecu, or run with it?
I'm most of the way into a 9 second car, and need more info so I don't blow it up!!
Thanks

Come on now, a garmin is a GPS

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Gene, if you are happy with your performance, why would you want to mess with it?

Some aftermarket parts are simple and easy to install, others can drive you crazy.

I want to jump on this new FAST unit as it "should" be simple and easy to get it right.

This fills a gap from a street performance GN, and a street/strip build.

My 2 concerns when building street/strip cars is performance and reliability. With this unit you get lots of on-going data as you drive if you use the E-Dash, or record data on performance sprints, street or track.

Another concern, I have replaced at least a dozen stock ECM's over the past year, some with intermittent and weird symptoms,

These 30 year old boxes cannot be rebuilt properly as many electronic components are just not available?

I am sure we will have a "bump " or 2 with this new system, Cal got me through the Classic and XFI FAST years,
and I can certainly depend on his support! :)

Gene, if you are happy with your performance, why would you want to mess with it?

Some aftermarket parts are simple and easy to install, others can drive you crazy.

I want to jump on this new FAST unit as it "should" be simple and easy to get it right.

This fills a gap from a street performance GN, and a street/strip build.

My 2 concerns when building street/strip cars is performance and reliability. With this unit you get lots of on-going data as you drive if you use the E-Dash, or record data on performance sprints, street or track.

Another concern, I have replaced at least a dozen stock ECM's over the past year, some with intermittent and weird symptoms,

These 30 year old boxes cannot be rebuilt properly as many electronic components are just not available?

I am sure we will have a "bump " or 2 with this new system, Cal got me through the Classic and XFI FAST years,
and I can certainly depend on his support! :)

Slick Nick,
Your right on point concerning the FAST- at some point it only make sense to swap to a FAST. The reliability, troubleshooting/diagnostic capability and the ability to tune the car hands free via team viewer on your laptop with Cal is amazing. I will never run a stock ECM in my car again due to all the things Nick and Cal Hartline has been explaining via this thread of emails. Anyone that lives in the Atlanta Georgia area which is planning on purchasing the Sportsman FAST- just hit me up and I will be more than glad to assist you with the installation- It is really a simple process as Cal stated.

Haulz A

For us ignorant folks, what's a Garmin?
Does this replace the ecu, or run with it?
I'm most of the way into a 9 second car, and need more info so I don't blow it up!!
Thanks

Something around this size is what he is referring to .....it appears it will be smaller then stock. Then you will need to add the adapter for the wiring......

Attachments

• garmin.jpg
    garmin.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 388
What about us sd2 guys?
Is there any upsides from sd2?
Ive never XFI'd. so is it way better or are we in same neighborhood as each other?
Being that were already speed density it would just be a computer swap?