Building a 1964 Buick Special

Couple of new photos:

6A93850A-FC82-41FE-945E-2A73F076517D_zpscvkktxnn.jpg

DCB07182-7F5B-48BF-B3DF-2F1BFB2ECF4E_zpsb2l3ndxv.jpg

D8065940-CBB7-4BC7-90E6-2772E6380157_zpsczdsrziv.jpg

Looks like a TOP TEN RIDE to me! I love it. Wow.

that has got to be pretty "spritely" :cool:as well... what does that weigh - compared to a GN?

Not sure about curb weight on a GN, but one of these is about 3200 lbs. It feels pretty strong in this chassis.

That's pretty light compared to most TBs.

^^^ Yep. I thought that the general consensus is a GN is in the 3700# range, so 500# lighter sounds pretty good

Not sure about curb weight on a GN, but one of these is about 3200 lbs. It feels pretty strong in this chassis.

My '86 low optioned hard top (no power options) GN with aluminum bumper supports weighed 3300 lbs with larger front and rear swaybars, GNX body brace and dual 10" subs (1box). Not sure of fuel level.

This was back in the late eighties when I still had '85 Vette wheels, 1.5" aluminum wheel adapter/ spacers and 255/50-16 Comp ta's.
It's a pretty light one.

Wow man killer build! Love the car and its new heart looks like it belongs there! Keep up the great work! Very nice build in deed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

about 15 hours the last couple of days have netted most of the reassembly done, as well as completion of the engine compartment. There's still some wiring to do inside.

Here's a few pics of the assembled engine compartment -

IMG_3686_zpstubm8fsy.jpg

IMG_3688_zpsacr91ejg.jpg
Love the old school stuff great job

I’ve had this steering wheel since last fall, but finally got around to installing it. I’ve been waiting until I had functioning power steering. Although the turbo “6” emblem is new this year!

1425134D-47F4-43D5-AD15-8A2D4074A684_zpsxg2ey0x1.png[\img]

Damn that is nice! One suggestion..............sell it to me! lol Nice work, congrats and enjoy.

@Tim_D, I took the liberty to share this thread with the Ron Francis reps here at SEMA. There is some interest in your project - they don't sell a large volume of this kit for one and two, you're transplanting into a '64 Buick Special - not an every day common project.

@Tim_D, I took the liberty to share this thread with the Ron Francis reps here at SEMA. There is some interest in your project - they don't sell a large volume of this kit for one and two, you're transplanting into a '64 Buick Special - not an every day common project.

Thanks @Anthony P . I actually worked pretty closely with RFW when I was putting the car together. Some of the circuits and connectors had to be changed on the fly, however Ron Francis was quite good at customer service, receiving information, and documenting for future recipients.

For example, the connectors for the wastegate solenoid, TCC connector, and EGR solenoid were incorrect, but they sent me replacement terminals and connectors, as well as a loaner crimping tool, free of charge. Shout-out to Chaz and Dave at RFW.

wonderful...I was getting the feeling that sales/marketing reps were going to look at your project a little deeper as in build pics to add to their catalog of build projects. a little more than just a sales rep noting that was a cool project using our product. who knows. sales/marketing is like on their own island, not knowing what the tech reps are doing to help their customers. most have no interactions with the tech or CS reps.

I'm taking the advice of some of you guys, and have started collecting parts for some spring projects. Among them are brake upgrades (disc fronts, new hard lines, and vacuum assist booster with a dual bowl master cylinder). A better front sway bar will be added, which will also give me better fit at the bottom of the intercooler. Also, I'll be installing a new chip in place of the stocker to compensate for today's crappy gas. Finally, I'm adding some improvements to the interior in the form of carpet to replace the stock rubber matting, as well as retractable seat belts.

A photo of the brake kit is below. It includes aluminum 4-piston calipers, and installs the rotors directly over top the stock drum hubs. More to come soon -

IMG_4195_zpsxsrq1lqy.jpg