You can type here any text you want

Cam bearings 4.1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lazaris

Are the cam bearing sizes the same for 4.1 stage2 offcenters as 3.8's?

Stg11 Cam bearings

Cam bearing for the 109 blocks and the 4.1 Stg11 offcenter blocks are different, the prefered method ( by the several builders in this area that built a lot of V6 buicks for the Busch north cars)in Stg motor applications is to use the Clevite 77 # SH-1360 bearing, it,s the wide bearing ,you,ll need to order 4 of that part number, I get them through NAPA, takes about a week. If you order a set for a 4.1 (14bolt pan block) you,ll get 1 wide and 3 of the narrower bearings. Cam bearing life with all 1360 bearings is sure to be extended, especially when using big roller cams.
Something to remember , if a Stg11 block spins a cam bearing or two and needs repairs the cam bearing bores can be bored out for the .020" larger dia 109 bearings , two sets would be needed to complete the job.

9sec.

9sec,

Thanks for the info. What different about the journals in the 4.1 stage2? Wider?

cam bearings

An 86-87-109 block has the front and rear bore .020 larger in dia. than the older 14 bolt pan blocks, which include the Stage II. All the bores in a Stage II have the same size bore. I have seen Stage blocks with all wide bearings in them. Personally myself and others are using standard bearings---The front one wide and the other 3 narrow. I believe the width of the bores are all the same.

I am using all Clevite 1360's in mine...So far so good

Back