You can type here any text you want

cam choice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Aj, how much taller is the weiand milled down with the stock turbo foot? I have like 3 inches if I cut the hood out of the way and actually use my cowl.

Aj, how much taller is the weiand milled down with the stock turbo foot? I have like 3 inches if I cut the hood out of the way and actually use my cowl.

I was able to mill 1/2" out of my intake to help the hood fit... but thats all, anymore and you will open up the EGR channels in the intake. I think the weiand is a total of 3 1/2" taller then a stock intake is, with the 4bbl addapter removed. so almost a total of 4 1/4" with the adapter on.

Yuck, that's way more than is fitting under my hood. Thanks.
ya.... its not a fun time.

but it does work. mang does it work.

what we need is a manufactured intake that will fit everybodys bill of health........... when? who has the budget? who has the test body? those are the real problems.

hi Guys,

sorry to the OP, so would the comments made about the intake be problem for my 301t intake also?

thanks Kevin

hi Guys,

sorry to the OP, so would the comments made about the intake be problem for my 301t intake also?

thanks Kevin
Yes and no Kevin. The 301 intake doesn't sit directely on the engine like the V6 does. It's more isolated above the heat but it is restrictive. If you could find an intake that had more flow and isolated the heat then you'd be great.

Would there be any difference in performance in the 204/214 and the 208/208(.440lift..112lsa) using "stock" intake? Going to port it for now cleaning up were the compressor foot bolts down and port match. Most likely going to change the exhaust housing on the 301 to the stock 83 .63 housing seeing that its going to be laggy with the upgraded exhaust. Just gonna shoot to get max out of what i have right now.

would it be better with stock intake to go with more duration on the intake side and less with the exhaust duration being that would match the flow of the setup with the stock intake restriction? 210/205 cam mentioned looking through old post cant remember specs?

The thing about the 204/214 cam is that it loads the exhaust faster so the turbo will spool faster. It's got a 112 degree LSA which also helps scavange the exhaust some to help the turbo. It does have it's limits though. Once you get things in the mid/low 10's it's a bit restrictive but most HADT systems haven't gotten even close to this, so if you're not planning on 9's in the quarter then I wouldn't worry about it.;) If you decide to go roller cam then the ball games is entirely different.

in my experiance, cam will have little effect on anything if running the stock intake. i myself prefer the 204-214 to add a little help on the cast exhaust side. id save the money and buy a regular ol FM stocker.

Back