Can anyone stop by Richard Clark's shop?

I don't mean this to come off wrong but honestly coming from a serious BMW background, these cars are very cheap to maintain. My point i was trying to make is dropping $750 for a turbo on a car i don't know if it will be salvageable is a problem right now. Just want to get it running first and see what comes next. If it were in good condition i wouldn't hesitate to spend the cash. In comparison on my 07' 550i, just a set of rings my cost (being a small BMW shop) are over $900 for the part. So its all relative. And i know those who have had their turbos replaced have forked out over $5000 each. Some have 2 per car. that is crazy.

For now, can someone pleaaasssseee find me a hot air turbo in good condition for a reasonable price! Couple of offers haven't come through yet. So still looking until i have a sure thing.

I saw your posts, but didn't realize you were that close. I still have my old stock turbo that had been rebuilt before I switched over to a TA-49. Maybe has 500 miles on it before I pulled it off.

Great, i am going to look at a property tomorrow in Brown Summit just north of Greensboro. Maybe i can stop by on the way there or back and pick it up. I gots cash!

Sounds like a plan, I'll bring it to work tomorrow. You'll definitely be passing by there on your way to Brown Summit, I work at Replacements Ltd. Just where I-85 and I-40 split.

Can you contact me by email so we can work out details when you get a chance. kaine@onlybimmers.com or 9 one 9-7 four 7-3 six 3 six. As soon as i know what time i will be leaving raleigh I will let you know. Still waiting to here from the property owner. Thanks again!

Bring your car too, i want to see it :)

I don't mean this to come off wrong but honestly coming from a serious BMW background, these cars are very cheap to maintain. My point i was trying to make is dropping $750 for a turbo on a car i don't know if it will be salvageable is a problem right now. Just want to get it running first and see what comes next. If it were in good condition i wouldn't hesitate to spend the cash. In comparison on my 07' 550i, just a set of rings my cost (being a small BMW shop) are over $900 for the part. So its all relative. And i know those who have had their turbos replaced have forked out over $5000 each. Some have 2 per car. that is crazy.

For now, can someone pleaaasssseee find me a hot air turbo in good condition for a reasonable price! Couple of offers haven't come through yet. So still looking until i have a sure thing.
I didnt see your BMW background. Your use to being poor just like the rest of us. I always give advise to the young kid who spends his life savings on a broken down GN and wants to get it running for a $1000. It's just not going to happen. Oh and BMW parts are insanely expensive. I have done a few quick jobs on my buddies 750???, not sure of the exact model, but its the super large sedan. The brakes were the most expensive I have ever heard, and I thought my F350 Super Duty brakes were a lot.

Donnie check out the cost to replace certain components of the seats in those cars like the elements. Absolutely ridiculous. An 8-10 job to replace a $600 part that should be $150 and its about $1500 when labor rates are added in. Valve stem seals taking 2 days to replace. haha. Precisely why the used non warrantied cars values are so low compared to new. You need to plan on 5-10k/year in maintenance.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey Coach & Bison, good to meet you guys. Yes indeed the are stupid expensive. My alternator was $650 my cost fort the part. As a contrast i bought a brand new Bosch for $140 for the TT. I was jumping up and down happy at how cheap the parts are, ha ha. But its all relative. Right now i am pulling the engine out of my 550i to do preventative maintenance as its a ridiculously good car. Just very maintenance heavy.

The AMG line is the epitome of ridiculousness for parts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry to be off topic but my 645 battery was 538 installed , the grey trim strip that runs inside the car to hold the headliner up was 1000, the kicker was when they ran a history on my car, the service tech told me that I dont drive the car enough. It's an 06 with 28k on the odometer! I have never spent more money on my GN in one session.

My experience has been that indeed BMW's do need to be driven or they start showing a vast numb er of issues. They need a long ride as in a hour to fully warm up and blow the cobwebs out at least once every 2 weeks. Other than that you are looking at repairs for lack of use the same as you would from using it. Weird but true!

As far a whom is worse, i don't know the other brands to comment. But any specialty model like the M5 and M6 are vastly more expensive to maintain because of the low production numbers. Multi thousand dollar brake jobs and the list goes on. I have an 07 550i that i have easily done 25-30k worth of work myself. It had all the problems associated with the series. Lastly i am in the process of pulling the motor and trans to do some maintenance. Its easier to pull the engine than work on it in the car. And believe me pulling the engine is exceptionally challenging on this car. But after this i plan on keeping the car for a long time. Its decently fast, looks good, and is exceptional in quality and comfort to anything ive owned or ridden in. This including all the other bimmers i have owned. Whew... back to Buick's now...