Canton / turbo protector/oil filters

prostock555

:)anyone using the canton/turbo protector oil filters? if so has anyone had any problems with this style filter plugging premature using with a blocked oil bypass it seems like a fairly inexpensive setup compared to the system 1 filters of course they claim they filter down to 8 microns and flow 45 gpm..

I am sure you are talking about the setup I sell. TURBO PROTECTOR KIT Canton does not make this setup, I do, they only supply the filters to me. Been running this on my GN for a couple years now without any issues. As far as blocking the bypass, this filter can take anything you can throw at it.

I didn't reinvent the wheel on this, just made it simpler. Think the OP's original thought is about blocking the bypass.

Mark,
Let me clarify that I wasn't saying YOU reinventing anything. It was the original poster. His other post probably ties in with this thread. I figured he was talking about installing an in-line filter to the turbo. Nothing wrong with that. 'Course nothing really wrong with the stock system, either. It works fine, but can definately benifit from modifications, but it will function fine even at 600HP.

I personally like remote filters and remote turbo feed from the filter. Is it over-kill? Ya, but it's only money.;):D

I run the regular tall Canton filter without the separate turbo feed.

(I got it from TR Custom Parts)

The pressure drop of the filter is so low, the bypass in the oil pump should never open, so I saw no reason to block it.

I bought a spare filter element, and plan to change the element once per year.

Bob

I am sure you are talking about the setup I sell. TURBO PROTECTOR KIT Canton does not make this setup, I do, they only supply the filters to me. Been running this on my GN for a couple years now without any issues. As far as blocking the bypass, this filter can take anything you can throw at it.

I didn't reinvent the wheel on this, just made it simpler. Think the OP's original thought is about blocking the bypass.

Hey Marc,

Two questions:

1) With your setup, plug the one end of the stock brass tee?

2) Oil will go to the mains and rods bearings faster?

Thanks,

Walter

Yes, the kit comes with a brass plug for stock turbo feed line. No idea if it makes the oil go to the mains any quicker. The whole idea behind my setup is to provide filtered oil to the turbo at all times WITHOUT the hassle of running two lines to a remote filter, mounting a bracket for the remote filter/s and then running a line back from the remote filter/s to the turbo.

Less places for leaks, less weight, no drilling holes for a remote bracket and not having to worry about crowding your alky pump if you have it mounted in the area most people put their remote filter mounts. I came up for this for my own GN and figured why not sell it as a kit since I already sell the filters.

I'm looking into the theory about oil to the mains faster.

I really like the design!!!!

Also the filter ITSELF does NOT have a bypass valve in it. All oil going thru the filter is 100% filtered.

oil filter

Marks set up is great looks stealth increases oll pressure and the filters are bullet proof worth the $$$$$$:tongue: